Kato Interior Light Install Video

GuyCS

Just found this on youtube, seems official from the Kato Custom Shop, thought it would help anyone trying to install the kits. :cheesy

This video is more clear about the install.

• Like 3
Guest Closed Account 1

Welcome to the forum.

I picked up some 11-210 (FL11) Interior Light 6 packs with White LED today to cover my 2 Shinkansens.

The second video is good for reference.  However, one must use your modeling skills to make a general purpose kit work for your model.

Ever notice how the LED is wicked bright only near it?  Or on DC tracks the light grows from one end to the other as the voltage increases? Flip the lens and see the difference.

For the Kato Shinkansen 800, the lens must be flipped, opposite of the video. The lens needs to be notched on both sides to fit between the center posts on the roof.  Install the lens in the roof, then mount the body into it upside down. When you do it right, as you upright the car, the lens will fall onto the seat posts and the light will fill the cabin rather than bake the rear seats.

Instead of snipping 5-6mm of the aluminum tape off each strip for the decoder, install the FL11 into the cab cars first, then you'll have plenty of extra tape to work with because there are fewer seats there. The Shinkansen passenger cars need a full reflective strip.

CaptOblivious

Ever notice how the LED is wicked bright only near it?  Or on DC tracks the light grows from one end to the other as the voltage increases? Flip the lens and see the difference.

I thought it odd that the second video installed in the lens exactly opposite of how I'd been doing it...