Massive Tokyo Metropolitan Area Map

disturbman

No need to use a download. From what Quashlo has said in the past the map is not finished.  Unlike other maps, this map attempts to  shows all the through routings. At last word Shinkansen lines still had to be added.

First map.  Central Tokyo Rail Network

東京都心部鉄道路線図 | Central Tokyo Rail Network

東京都心部鉄道路線図 | Central Tokyo Rail Network

There's also a second map.  Greater Tokyo Railway Network

首都圏鉄道路線図 | Greater Tokyo (National Capital Region) Railway Network

首都圏鉄道路線図 | Greater Tokyo (National Capital Region) Railway Network

Glad you guys liked the map. I just updated it, so I'll post the link here, too.

The major changes:

• Added in the recent service changes (new Musashi Kosugi Station on the Yokosuka Line, Shōnan-Shinjuku Line, and NEX).
  • Added in almost all of the under construction, planned, or proposed lines and stations. Other than the Chūō Shinkansen, Narita-Haneda maglev, and Gunma-Saitama LRT, none of which have well-defined alignments, this covers virtually all of the extensions, new lines, new track connections, and new stations in the future. This includes projects that have a relatively high likelihood (Sōtetsu – Tōkyū Through Line, Kawasaki Municipal Subway, Toei Subway Asakusa Line Bypass) and less realistic plans like Eight Liner and Metro Seven. So while not all of it will get built, it gives a good idea of how the network fills out with each of the improvements.
  • Restyled the line legend a bit so it’s more clear.
  • Fixed some errors in the previous map and pared back some of the through-servicing shown to better reflect actual operations.

Enjoy!

Please note file is a 11 MB PDF.

Greater Tōkyō (Capital Region) Rail Network v1.10 (March 2010)

http://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B4E0ENIwk8gdNDEzYzE2ZTctM2MzMy00NmQ2LTlkMjAtYmYyZDIwMWVkN2Iy

• Like 2

With the opening of the Narita Sky Access Line on July 17, I updated my Tōkyō rail map.

Enjoy!

Greater Tōkyō (Capital Region) Rail Network v1.20 (July 2010)

http://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B4E0ENIwk8gdN2YzMjRiODUtOTQzMS00MGZhLWE2MGYtYWNiN2RjYTcyNDU3&export=download

Major changes:

• Added Narita Sky Access / New Skyliner and updated stopping patterns for through-service Asakusa Line trains on the Keisei and Keikyū networks.
  • For the legend: Added a new logo (Izu Hakone Railway) and a new "Special Services" section for Narita Express and Keisei Skyliner.
  • Switched the station bubbles / circles to bars. Should be cleaner now and easier to see what's going on at the major terminals.
  • Further cut back the subway through-service to better reflect practical use for a rider and cleaned up stopping patterns.
  • Added line names on top of all the lines in the actual map.
  • Added the under-construction Fukutoshin Line through-service onto the Tōkyū Tōyoko Line and Minato Mirai Line.
  • Added future proposal for Chūō Local Line extension to Tachikawa.
  • Added future proposal for Saitama – Gunma LRT.

• Like 2

With the October 21 opening of the new Haneda Airport International Terminal Station on both the Keikyū Airport Line and Tōkyō Monorail, I’ve updated my Tōkyō rail map.

In addition, I now have a Japanese version (sorry for the delay, but I finally got around to completing this). Apologies for any grammar mistakes.

Enjoy! :)

Greater Tōkyō (National Capital Region) Rail Network v1.21 (October 2010)

首都圏鉄道路線図 v1.21 (2010年10月)

English (10.9 MB): https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B4E0ENIwk8gdYmY0YzQzMjUtMjUyZC00MmMwLTllMzEtYmFlYWNjZGQxYzA1

Japanese 日本語版 (6.6 MB): https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B4E0ENIwk8gdMTJkNTM5ZjgtMDI3OS00MjMzLWI3NDYtMzFhYzlmNTI4MzFm

Design changes:

• New Japanese version of map.
  • Major stations shown in larger font.
  • Resized it a bit to exactly 108 in x 124 in, instead of some random dimensions. Still not great, but better.

Content changes:

• Added new Haneda Airport International Terminal Station on the Keikyū Airport Line and Tōkyō Monorail.
  • Added Chūō Shinkansen maglev as an “under construction” project.
  • Added replacement of the Agatsuma Line between Naganohara ‒ Kusatsugichi and Iwashima (including new Shin-Kawarayu Onsen Station) as an “under construction” project.
  • Added Tōkyō Monorail extension to Shinbashi and / or Tōkyō as a project “in preliminary planning.”
  • Added Tōyō Rapid Railway extension from Tōyō Katsutadai to Yotsukaidō as a “proposed” project.
  • Added other major infrastructure improvements (e.g., quadruple-tracking, grade-separation, etc.) in yellow (under construction) and blue (in planning) highlight.
  • Added new logo for Shinano Railway.

• Like 1