New Favorite EMU....

scott

For whatever reason, I just like the look of some of the older EMUs that are more rounded, sort of aircraft-like. There are quite a few Japanese and European examples -- early Shinkansens, the first Italian tilt-trains, some late-30s Italian fast EMUs, ....

Mudkip Orange

For whatever reason, I just like the look of some of the older EMUs that are more rounded, sort of aircraft-like. There are quite a few Japanese and European examples -- early Shinkansens, the first Italian tilt-trains, some late-30s Italian fast EMUs, ....

Don't forget the Pioneer Zephyr, Electroliner, and the "Flying Hamburger"...

And it's here now, but I haven't had time to test it yet. I'm going to have to make some replacement "couplers" for it--just straight links to holes in the trucks. I could probably do it with cut paperclips....

Don't forget the Pioneer Zephyr, Electroliner, and the "Flying Hamburger"...

And half the German trains out there built before 1983.

And half the German trains out there built before 1983.

Yeah, I like them, too. (Though anything from the 30s tends to creep me out.)

Mudkip Orange

Reminds me of the Brill Bullets that ran on SEPTA at one time.

I would've liked to have been around for that, BEFORE they re-banked the P&W tracks to reduce the running speeds...  :cussing: