Tomytec Trailer Collection 3 announced for June

cteno4

Looks like trailer collection 3 from tomytec is coming in june. 10 40' container trailers (most are new markings for tomytec trailer series) and two special trailers. one looks to be a low boy for large equipment. The trailer series is really great detail and modeling and a steal for $6-7 each shipped!

I thought i had enough trailers, but those special ones look interesting--im a sucker for the odd stuff! yell if anyone is interested in container trailers and would want to split a box of these.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10087896

cheers,

jeff

Bill,

they are on the usual container frame trailer. the containers are modeled on the bottom also and come off the trailers. so you can pop the containers off and stack em and have trailers w/o loads being hauled around or stack up the trailers like they do in the container yards!

the are great trucks for the money.

cheers,

jeff

CaptOblivious

I love the container collection—fodder for my KOKI200's! I have only a couple of models from Collection 2.

I would be very interested in splitting some of these containers with you. PM me, and we can work out the details.

I goofed on the number, the trailer collections are 10 total, 8 are containers and two special lwo trailers.

also these container trailers are heavier duty 3 axle trailers on set 3, set 1 and 2 were two axle trailers.

sorry doing too many things at once here.

cheers,

jeff

very cool! the early picture just had a bubble above that trailer profile and a little japanese in it!

lots of bandai train cars to put on that one! that will make a very nice scene with a transport in action, but i think they usually do it at night when there is little traffic.

cheers,

jeff

Ok my trailer collection 3 got here! nice set of heavy trailers. nothing fancy, just nice details and well done.

the fun trailers are the two special trailers. the first is one to transport long girders or pipes. there is no bed between the tractor and the trailer wheels, just the load makes the bridge.

the second is a flat bed trailer with truck wheel sets at each end that then connects to the tractor with a trailer bar. its designed for transporting train cars (minus their bogies). its funny though in the few pictures i have seen of shinkansen car transport i have not really seen a trailer bed, just the truck tire sets attached to the shinkansen directly at the bogie connection area. also the trailer is a bit short for an full length car, so i think ill probably just attach the truck tire sets straight to the bogie connection points and ditch the trailer bed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_pictures/7650627.stm (photo #7)

anyhow fun trailers.

cheers

jeff

post-25-13569922964327_thumb.jpg

post-25-13569922964656_thumb.jpg

Jeff - That 2nd photo is a great and original idea for a scene on a layout. That will get people asking questions.

Jeff - That 2nd photo is a great and original idea for a scene on a layout. That will get people asking questions.

yes when i saw the picture a few years back of a new shinkansen being moved through the streets at night i knew i wanted to do that. figured i could hack a couple of truck tire sets from trailers. then tomytec to the rescue! at least i didnt get halfway into hacking my own like i did with the food carts when tomytec released theirs!

figure i can use two of the new vans with emergency lights from car collection vol 7 on both ends! only problem it is done at night when things are quiet, so may have to fudge a bit there!

cheers,

jeff

CaptOblivious

Jeff, that's weird because in the Tomix promo photo, you can clearly see that the truck wheels connect directly to the trucks; the car is clearly not resting on that flatbed thing. Perhaps you can remove the flatbed portion, to attach the trucks to where the bogies would go?

BTW, now that you have them, are there still any that you might be willing to trade off?

Yeah they just show the truck tire sets in the box picture. the truck tire sets just have a small 2 part squeeze pin that holds them to the trailer bed. this would probably go into the screw holes for the bogie connection on a shinkansen body easily. the bandai star train in the pict will require some emasculating to do this as it has male snap pins on the shinkansen body to hold onto the bogies.

yes i should want to get rid of 1 or 2 as i think i have enough trailer units now. any you are particular for? i may horse trade one or 2 with ken in our club if he gets a box to try to double up on a trailer name or two.

cheers,

jeff

Doug just pointed out that the platform is probably just a holder for the tire sets and not meant for train transport, then the tire sets are connected directly to the car chassis and i was assuming. I would guess that maybe could be used for some loads that required a long bed to hold the load though. anyone up for moving something odd?

cheers

jeff

Ok, Bill was able to find some YouTube in his records of transport and that lead to some more.

it appears that the n700 is transported with the tire sets connected directly to the train chassis via a large cross bar that is mounted right across where the bogies mount.

this is the same strip where shop crane lifts from.

so to make this work ill need to do a cross bar line 2mm square to mount the tire trucks into and then mont on the bottom of the shinkansen carriage (it'll be a 700 bandai train).

cheers,

jeff

Hey if anyone wants one of these heavy carriers or any other of the trailer set 3 vehicles, Hit-Japan on ebay has them up for $6.64 with $4.50 shipping (less if you buy more). this is much cheaper than the regular hong kong guys selling them by the unit which usually starts at about $10 on up and more for shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TOMYTEC-Trailer-Collection-3-TRAILER-TRUCK-A-1-150-N-S_W0QQitemZ360175815368QQcmdZViewItemQQptZModel_RR_Trains?hash=item53dc26cac8&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262#ht_1519wt_819

cheers

jeff