More T news

cteno4

the t gauge steam engine is still chugging along! At the Nurenberg show Eishindo were showing the Wheel that he has prototyped and tested. of course its only a few mm in dia, but lovely and works! Hirari san does not like to show anything until they have throughly tested it, so it looks like this part of the steam engine puzzle is now in place. they had it up on a board with a small magnifying glass you could put over it as from a foot away it just looked like a little dot on the page!

also some improvements have been made to their motor with better torque and electrical connections. hopefully this with the new pulse wave modulation power packs coming (they should only be a bit more in price than the old power packs luckily!) the trains slow speed performance will be better.

jeff

• Like 1

jeff, well thanks for sending me in search of T gauge. Been into model railroading for oner 30 years and never heard of T gauge. Very small but really cool. Am going to look further, there is even a forum for T Gauge too.

Thanks,

greg

greg,

you are most welcome. there are a number of sites and forums on t gauge out there that are very active. its a small but very adventurous group i think that pick up t scale!

the us distributor is http://trainaidsa.com there is another for uk and Europe, but i dont have their url handy.

check out danmack's (of jns forum) article on his t gauge projects:

http://japanrailmodelers.org/pages/modelingjapan/tscale.html

enjoy!

wow, i had not looked lately to see how much this guy has gotten going! this is the big player in tgauge these days (based in the UK) that has been getting a lot of tgauge stuff made from both Eishindo (some special runs) and from other manufacturers and garage shops. very impressed with the variety of things he has assembled now! amazed at how reasonable his prices are given a very small market and small runs (no pun intended). the etched stuff looks great and is the perfect way to do the details at t scale.

jeff

• Like 1
Hobby Dreamer

I'm impressed with the cars, the bridges and that the trains actually run. There are model planes in 1:400 and 1:500 so it would be cool to do an airport. Herpa, a German manufacturer, makes a scale airport including runways with lights etc.

Its a good time for hobbies!

Guest Closed Account 1

What is needed to start in T-Gauge?

Just buy a basic starter set and buy body shells?

I don't see any bullets or American diesels yet.

Seriously thing of how I can add T-gauge to a mountain for serious depth illusions.