Model Train Festival at Yokohama

bill937ca

The Yokohama show is happening this weekend.

I think the see-through road and see-through bus is for demonstration only to show how it works.

• Like 3

Great videos.  Did you notice in the first one the bus crossing the railroad tracks?  I wonder if that's a not-yet-announced product, or just something custom-made for the layout?

• Like 2

Great videos.  Did you notice in the first one the bus crossing the railroad tracks?  I wonder if that's a not-yet-announced product, or just something custom-made for the layout?

A double track railway crossing a four lane road with buses (twice in the video!) would make an interesting operating session unless you could make the buses stop when a train is coming. Probably not very practical unless it's a static display.

Great videos.  Did you notice in the first one the bus crossing the railroad tracks?  I wonder if that's a not-yet-announced product, or just something custom-made for the layout?

A double track railway crossing a four lane road with buses (twice in the video!) would make an interesting operating session unless you could make the buses stop when a train is coming. Probably not very practical unless it's a static display.

i guess you could do a kato type where the sensor puts the gates down and a lock flicks up to stop the magnet... but then if you had multiple buses running it would be problematic with crashes hahah

Thanks for posting these great videos.  Were they selling merchandise at the show?  I saw a few people carrying bags but I'm not sure if it's just brochures.

Cheers

The_Ghan

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing Bill,

Love the video with the three bridges, green 189 and 2 x pushers.  I'd love to build a scene like that on my layout.

Cheers

The_Ghan

yes the asama really is something quite special.

I have been looking at that and the 2 ef63's and the 115-1000 shonan as well. The ef63's look brilliant too.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing Bill,

Love the video with the three bridges, green 189 and 2 x pushers.  I'd love to build a scene like that on my layout.

Yes, that scene is very impressive!