My Japanese Vacation No.9 "The Video"

westfalen

Part one.

Kinūra Rinkai freight operations on the JR Taketoyo Line.

Warning: reduce volume for intro music at the start. Will fix it on the next one.

• Like 4

West,

Seriously informative footage.  I could see that you were shaking with excitement, but still managed to hold the camera still enough for me to see the points change, hand signals, etc.

Back to the music ... I felt like a crack head in a pachinko parlour !!!  :grin

Cheers

The_Ghan

More "stack talk" on that DE10 than the usual, nice.  Note the billboard behind KE655 at about 0:47, promoting a JR rail link to Chubu International Airport (cancelled project). It reads- "lets all ride to an early completion of direct access to Chubu International Airport by the Taketoyo Line".

West,

Seriously informative footage.  I could see that you were shaking with excitement, but still managed to hold the camera still enough for me to see the points change, hand signals, etc.

Back to the music ... I felt like a crack head in a pachinko parlour !!!  :grin

Cheers

The_Ghan

My camera has a very effective steady shot function, great for when you're hanging over the side of a shopping centre car park.

Sorry about the music, I forgot to lower the volume. The Intro is a melody from Okayama station, I also have it as the ringtone on my phone.

Did you notice that you can't see any passengers in any of those trains?  Makes me wonder if we try too hard with our modelling sometimes !!!

Cheers

The_Ghan

i can see the passengers heads ??

thats the exact reason i chose z scale as really you can only see there head.

Of course for ginza and other trains of that nature like busy loop lines in tokyo osaka for example (sardine cans) you will see plenty of people standing.

Things like shinkansen and rapid/ltd express trains your most likely to see the head only. (exluding peak times)

I seem to have missed this thread.  Great videos, westfalen.

More "stack talk" on that DE10 than the usual, nice.  Note the billboard behind KE655 at about 0:47, promoting a JR rail link to Chubu International Airport (cancelled project). It reads- "lets all ride to an early completion of direct access to Chubu International Airport by the Taketoyo Line".

I remember seeing these signs, although I didn't notice the one about the JR Central line to the new airport.  How did it get cancelled?  Lots of airports have both JR and private railway access.  I always got the vague feeling that zairai lines were a hassle for JRC, their cash cow, and therefore the focus of their attention, is the Tokaido Shinkansen.

Did you notice that you can't see any passengers in any of those trains?  Makes me wonder if we try too hard with our modelling sometimes !!!

Cheers

The_Ghan

They all ducked their heads when they saw me with my camera. :grin

Here's the third Kisogawa bridge I 'did' that day, Meitetsu's at Inuyama.

A couple more installments from my exploration of the Meitetsu.

A bit of train spotting at Sako, the Meitetsu station is right beside the JR Tokaido Line and Shinkansen, and at Futatsu-Iri where the evening newspaper gets delivered by train.

West,

Thanks for the post.  Great work catching that 300 series on video.  You're going to be one of the last people on the forum to see them alive!  Nice freight footage too.

Pity we never got to see the end of that police chase, or whatever it was!

Cheers

The_Ghan