小ノ島釜倉観光電鉄 (Onoshima Kamanokura Kankô Dentetsu)

Kabutoni

I've found this amazing blog on a freelance mini layout where the owner is working on for a few years. Amazing detail and lighting all round, but never finished. It seems the builder takes his time and it shows in the amount of detail. Some of the houses even have interiors, lighting and occupants. It seems that he also uses electricity pole lines for real electricity transfer to the street lights and buildings as well.

The layout is named Onoshima Kamanokura Kankô Dentetsu (Onoden) and is based (by the looks of the name, rolling stock, etc.) on the Enoshima Dentetsu (Enoden) formerly known as the Enoshima Kamakura Kankô Dentetsu, hence the name.

For me, this is a great example on how to create an amazing layout with interesting details where you, as the builder, and visitors can stare at for hours. Especially because it's so small. As a modeller, I most sincerely applaud the builder for his creativity, individuality and foremost for the great inspiration he has given me.

小ノ島釜倉観光電鉄 http://ono-den.at.webry.info/

• Like 5

Absolutely stunning.

Also, everything I saw on my first quick run through appeared to be scratch built, not Kato/Tomix/Greenmax, like so many layouts.