New Tram only Project.

keiman

Base board is 24" x24" currently work in progress.

Track layout finalised, Tomix Finetrack - Tomix 3076 Tram rail accessories , foamboard to bring the the levels up and infill the bits between the tracks.

SDC10210.jpg

SDC10212.jpg

SDC10211.jpg

Only road vehicles will be small vans, motor bikes,bicycles and Trams.

SDC10209.jpg

Picture of my new LED illuminated bike with my Tomytec Police Building.

• Like 2

Is square, measured it , reason it looks rectangular probably because I had to shot at an angle to get the whole layout in.

Easy cheat cutting the foam board. Laid out the track with the roadway on the board. Mk 1 pencil draw round outline.Mk 2 Stanley knife ( in the shot of the complete track plan)with new blade freehand cut the foamboard. :grin Still have to cut the bits for the 4 corners.

Single track down the middle will be lined with shops  - no pavements/sidewalks

As Bill says, looks good. I love the koban with the policeman out the front on his bike!

(I don't know why exactly, but these little police boxes fascinate me...)

Cheers,

Mark.

It's amazing how much layout can be fit in such a small space when working with tram-scale curves. This looks like a good start, keep us updated on your progress.

The foamboard looks good; a nice solution for keeping things level.

Streetlights will be installed down the double stretch of track, thinking about lighting some of the buildings.

Trams are the 2 Tomytec Portrams and my Modemo shown in the pics- all without lights. 

Nice progress. Did you have trouble with center paving pieces?  I find I like the Tomix Wide Tram Rail much better than the Tomix 3076/3079 track covers.

Hey, another japanese city. I like it :-)

I bought the track covers, too, and I think it is a very good idea. Unfortunately you can´t find anything similar in H0.

Not sorted out the centre pieces yet.

Having to keep domestic harmony and have been going round Kitchen showrooms. :sad:

Uh Oh... actually I have to start the same process here...

jeff

Domestic harmony and a bad bout of broncitis have been a temporary block on any thing to to with trains. :sad:

Have 3 sets of new light fittings for the front room and also the main bedroom to fit as well. was hoping to have had updated the thread by now but no chance yet.

Keiman - take care of yourself. My wife came down with broncitius the 1st day of the Christmas holiday and lasted for 3 weeks.

Domestic harmony and a bad bout of broncitis have been a temporary block on any thing to to with trains. :sad:

Have 3 sets of new light fittings for the front room and also the main bedroom to fit as well. was hoping to have had updated the thread by now but no chance yet.

Got the double deck tram, can't modify it to be powered so static model it will be.

Base board nowpainted and can start sorting out the roads and markings. Buildings will be placed back on to check I have got every thing how I want it(street light placement etc.).

Then remove all buildings to work under the board on the wiring for the street lights.

Hopefully post some more pics over the week end.

Worked out placing for 10 of the street lights, just got to wait for the next 20 to arrive from china.

Looks like 16 buildings may get illuminated as well.

SDC10022.jpg

SDC10023.jpg

SDC10025.jpg

SDC10027.jpg

• Like 3

First set of street lights temporary planted.

SDC10029-1.jpg

SDC10028-1.jpg

SDC10031-1.jpg

The Gap between the police kiosk and the Kato house will be a car park

SDC10030-1.jpg

Alley ways being paved as well.

Very cool work!

I recognize those streetlights. 6v bulbs, right? How hot do they run? Would you recommend them? I'm planning to scratch build streetlights using 3mm warm white LEDs, but I'd buy if I could find cheap LED based lights....

Lights are going to be connected in pairs  to work on a 12V supply.

Waiting for more of the white modern lamps and a lot of old style lamps for the narrow streets and alley ways.

There are going to be a couple of tall greenmax buildings as well- the pair with the multi storey parking lot. and possibly a derelict overgrown plot as well.

Have a minor panic going on at the moment - I can't find the center pieces for the track.