Marina Area Photo

Nothing special here, but I thought I would share this photo of the status of my marina area.  Some sort of festival seems to be developing - I'm not sure yet what it is.  It struck me today that the Tomytec tents look a lot like what we have for the Japanese street festival in DC, so perhaps I should make a 1:150 model of the JRM layout.  Can anyone suggest an N scale figure that looks like Jeff (needs to be tall, with a hat)?

post-396-13569926444707_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Another challenge will be painting in N scale the characteristic mustache of our club president.

On another thread there was a question about boats.  Here is a picture of the simple pleasure craft CMR made for in my harbor.  I need to do some further detailing, but they look pretty good already, especially from a couple feet away.

Meanwhile. on the other side of the layout I have been working on adding a fish processing building to my fishing village.  And then, just for fun, a picture of my container ship.

post-396-13569926445051_thumb.jpg

post-396-13569926445587_thumb.jpg

post-396-13569926446104_thumb.jpg

Ok Curt, here is what i expect to see under the tent!

http://whiteriverandnorthern.net/clinic_08.htm

if you can put papers on your conference tables you can do this! ill volunteer to do the mechanism!

hmmm for the tall guy with a hat, maybe they make a texan set somewhere, but that will probably be in 1/160 scale so that would shrink me by another few inches! maybe an HO kid would do the trick... i think you will be able to get matthew's mustache in, its pretty big! you now have aaron, philip and dmitry with the new tomytec photographer set as they are always snapping pics at shows of the layout. you will just have to bend the figures over the layout.

i just want to see you glue down the 160,000 figures for the full cherry blossom crowd scene! also expect to see the bamboo stanchions and crowd poles around the layout in scale along with goji on the roof!

I got to see Curts current fiddlings last weekend and the new fishing port scene is really going to be sweet. its a great little cove for this and then stuff going up the little hill. he is going to have fun remodeling this area or a while here and cant wait to see the details he puts in. its right at the edge of the layout so a place where hyper detailing he likes to do will really show up well and give you something to spend 10 mintues staring at!

he also is experimenting the tomytec fish warehouse as a container/van transfer station in the container yard. nice idea as thats the same basic layout with a big open warehouse area with open sides to allow containers and vans to be backed up to them and things transfered as needed.

cheers

jeff

Wow! what did we learn here? never challenge Curt!!!

great job! where goji?! have to get the sculpey out!

now can you get the logo and the got shinkansen on our club shirts?

cheers

jeff

Can anyone suggest an N scale figure that looks like Jeff (needs to be tall, with a hat)?

Just use a skinny HO figure.  :grin

How is this for a first mock-up?  It may take me a few months to assemble the tiny building kits. 

Holy cow--it's some sort of nesting multi-scale, um, well, thing. Nice job!

Wow! what did we learn here? never challenge Curt!!!

Seriously--I think he actually means it about the tiny buildings!