PAPER STRUCTURE - Direct oders now possible!

SONIC883_de

SONIC883_de

I have contact to the Producer of Paper Structure, Mr. Jun Takekawa. He sell on Yahoo Japan and this is difficult for us non-japanese people to bid there.

So I ask him for direct ordering. After some Mails here the answer:

Dear Mr. Pernau

Thank you for giving me an idea.

I didn't know about Paypal.

Now I have a paypal account, so you can pay with a credit card.

Please note that shipping charge and 7% of the sum of your order (as Paypal fees) will be added.

(SOME PRIVATE STUFF CUTTED)

I'm looking forward to your order.

If you need any further information about my papercraft, please feel free to ask me.

Best regards,

"PAPER STRUCTURE." Jun Takekawa

http://www.zb.em-net.ne.jp/~pepast/

pepast@ad.em-net.ne.jp

His English is very well (better than my kauderwelsch) so you can write him directly without a maschine translation :-)

- Kai

Ok i bit and ordered two kits to give them a whirl!

they would also work well for t scale!

cheers

jeff

Interesting models! I await a review...

The TFC with what appears to be a female Colonel is pretty funny, and so is the WcDonald's. That would definitely get some laughs at a train convention.  :laugh:

The hotel looks pretty intense, but some of the other models look kinda... Meh. But would probably work just fine in the back part of a layout.

sure he is doing this to avoid copyright issues by not licensing the logos... they are fun for folks to find! just like the I Feel Coke! takes a second to realize its wrong, you mind just fills it in! will be interesting to see how these end up looking and how they fill in with other buildings. should be good with a partially obscured view.

cheers

jeff

Kai,

hey looking interesting! email in to them tot see about ordering a couple of kits to experiment with!

whats that interesting circular building skeleton in the last picture there? looks really interesting!

cheers

jeff

No, he means the weird looking thing on the left. :)

yeah the one on the left. looks like the start of a multi story circular building with floors and spacer columns!

jeff

yeah, but from a few feet away and with other buildings around it and partially obscuring it and in person it may have a very different feel. i think these are worth a shot to see.

this sort of thing can look very different in a photo than to the naked eye (both ways, better or worse!). paper/photo buildings like this ride a very fine line. from the looks of things he as seemed to engineer them out pretty well

worth a look see at $10 for two or three structures.

cheers

jeff

SONIC883_de

Fast delivery! 5 days (not working days!)

I am not at home, yet. I will post some photos of the package

SONIC883_de

Here you see

Leaf Building (free) and Small Building from Paper Structure

and

Tomix Town Builings

So the paperbuildings doesn't look so bad

post-78-13569924969785_thumb.jpg

yes they do blend in well. also this is a pretty close photo and unless these are going to be right at the front of the layout, folks wont be looking anywhere near this close as this picture. photos also do funny things, sometimes making things look worse, other times a lot better than with the naked eye. lighting, angle, etc all change the look and feel between the two.

when i was building models at the aquarium the head designer (my design mentor for the last 30 years...) could plop the camera into the model and have the pretty much right angle to get the realistic shot from the rough chipboard models in like 30 seconds. of course we would then spend another hour getting people and lighting set just right. i use to ask him for pointer on why he chose the angle/position he did and it was one of those things he could never really teach was just a feel thing.

cheers

jeff