Hakone-Tozan Layout Blog

Kabutoni

This blog, I've been following a few now and I must say it's really inspiring. Detailing is very good and the overall track plan of the layout is very interesting as well.  He uses 2 and 3-car Hakone-Tozan RR Modemo trains for operation.

The focus is very much on detailing, so -for me at least- it's a eat-your-heart-out style layout and a reminder that a splendid layout can also be made on a small space!

http://tounosawa.exblog.jp/

• Like 2

I love it! Thanks for sharing. I am planning on my own Hakone Tozan layout as well. The wooden toothpick for catenary poles is genius!

Nick_Burman

Very nice layout indeed... I had to look twice to notice it was Tomix track! I *think* this layout was featured in a YouTube film Bill posted sometime earlier.

Cheers NB

I've been watching this blog too, and the author has just declared the layout 'complete'! Well, he's also stated that a "layout is never complete"..

It has definitely inspired a few items on my mini automated layout. I was not going to have a town, but just completely covered half of my main loop to incorporate one.

And, as Toni stated, the scratch-building is immense. I really do love the work.

This layout is amazing.  the level of detail is incredible.  It's actually inspired me to make my layout more mountain-oriented