bc6 - Discussion thread

disturbman

Here are some pics on how I started my project, basically I purchased styrene sheets braced them together and got a rectangle. I found a website that sold plastic mirror mosaics that I used as windows.

Secondly I decided that I wanted another level to my hotel "The Golden Buddha", so I did the same as above but instead of 4 sides I did three sides and had my triangle.

The hardest part of this project was adding the lobby (which is still not finished). I plan on adding an support/elevator shaft under the triangle portion of the hotel. Im planning on adding a panoramic elevator to the support/elevator shaft.

The net portion of this diorama includes adding a golden Buddha to the grounds of the hotel. The grounds of the hotel will have trees, people, Buddha, etc.

Humble beginnings of The Golden Buddha.

sky4.JPG

This is the lobby of the hotel.

sky4.JPG

Here you have a side view of the hotel with the support/elevator shaft.

pogoda9.JPG

Another side view of the hotel.

pogoda10.JPG

UPDATES

Ive added a grass mat to the buliding, I think I may have to make it bigger Im not sure though.

You can see the Buddha Ive added, I also created a podium for him lol.

Just a picture of the building itself, its mostly mirrored but still lots to work on.

post-168-13569923172764_thumb.jpg

post-168-13569923173067_thumb.jpg

post-168-13569923173374_thumb.jpg

bc6 - is your future plan to incorporate the diorama as part of a layout? Also how big is the building going to be?

Bernard the building/diorama will be part of any layout I build. Ive translated the measurements into both American and European standards :)

27 scale stories/floors

34cm - Tall

8cm - Wide

30cm x 14cm- Base

27 scale stories/floors

12-1/2" - Tall

3-1/2" - Wide

12" x 5-1/2" - Base

Well there isnt much going on with my project. I managed to snap the upper portion of my tower from the base. Im now thinking about locating the tower portion elsewhere. Im think about cutting a hole in the middle of the main bulding and putting the triangle tower portion through that hole.The building hopefully will look like a spear has been thrust into it by the Gods.

As you can tell I have some lofty goals lol I hope they work out in the end.