Business Building

bill937ca

Very similar to the Atlas Hexagon building but with a lot more details plus windows. It will be interesting to find out the dimensions on the building.

CaptOblivious

This is from JAM.  I think this may be Kato. No idea when it will be available.

090823-53.jpg

I've seen that photo before…it was at the Matsuya (sp?) Greenmax booth recently. It has a strong resemblance to the new Greenmax modular kits, either modified to make a hexagon, or sample of a new hexagonal add-on…

This is from JAM.   No idea when it will be available.

090823-53.jpg

Not a commercial announcement/preview - just a sample of what can be done with their city building kit.

Thanks for the clarification that it's the building kit. Now the next thing I'd like to know is what was the total cost in making the building? (or do I really want to know. :crybaby2:)

Thanks for the clarification that it's the building kit. Now the next thing I'd like to know is what was the total cost in making the building? (or do I really want to know. :crybaby2:)

probably dont, it looks like it might be at least 2 base and 5 extension kits worth. although they probably had access to the japanese shops that will sell just wall parts for these greenmax kits. trying to do something special with the preset set that comes in the base and extension kits is really frustrating! you are always one or two walls short in one style to get what you want! i have fiddled with several ideas and gotten frustrated with this.

this design though does make a bit better use of walls than a straight rectangular building would.

cheers

jeff

cheers,

jeff

probably dont, it looks like it might be at least 2 base and 5 extension kits worth. although they probably had access to the japanese shops that will sell just wall parts for these greenmax kits. trying to do something special with the preset set that comes in the base and extension kits is really frustrating! you are always one or two walls short in one style to get what you want! i have fiddled with several ideas and gotten frustrated with this.

this design though does make a bit better use of walls than a straight rectangular building would.

cheers

jeff

cheers,

jeff

You can buy the individual sprues of wall/door parts separately if you need 'extra' pieces.

You can buy the individual sprues of wall/door parts separately if you need 'extra' pieces.

Yes in japan, but I have not found any sources to order from from outside japan. do you know of any that will ship the individual sprues overseas?

Doug Coster has a source that he was able to get some of the sprues for his buildings he built.

thanks

jeff

Yes in japan, but I have not found any sources to order from from outside japan. do you know of any that will ship the individual sprues overseas?

Doug Coster has a source that he was able to get some of the sprues for his buildings he built.

thanks

jeff

Is that this page http://jmtn.wordpress.com/ ?

I like that Tokyo Hotel building  :grin

yes but as far as i know doug does not sell the sprues individually.

jeff

I was wrong, doug is selling green max highrise parts by the sprue!

http://jmtn.wordpress.com/2009/09/05/greenmaxs-own-business-buildings-kit-samples/

also this building was made from 12 base kits and 15 addons, although they must have had a mess of extras. i dont see why they needed that many base kits! have to pull my kit out and figure this one out!

cheers

jeff

cheers

jeff