What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

2 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

Paid the international shipping from Taobao's warehouse,  $12 for EMS from china for two locos isnt a bad deal at all. 

Do let us know if the trains are what you are looking for!  🙂

• Like 1

I really couldn't resist... It was futile... 

Pre-ordered the Yokohama Y500 series... Yes it's a private railway, but it looks really nice... Besides, it was an easier choice between 16,630 yen for 8 cars versus 12,770 yen for 2 cars... Also, it's about 5 months away so hopefully we have recovered by then ~  🙂

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Welshbloke said:

The pile of TN couplers for the Twilight Express turned up. Fitted them. Feels odd taking clippers to a model you only bought a few weeks ago!

Which ones did you get? I'm still waiting for my Twilight Express, and have to equip it with TN couplers afterwards...

I used 0374, three packs thereof leaves me with Rapidos on the outer ends, which is fine for now as I don't have TNs for the EF81 yet. Note that this is 92459/60/61, can't comment on other releases.

I understand JC6353 is the same part as 0374, but individually rather than a pack of six. Hopefully someone can confirm? I know I'll need three more knuckle type TNs by the time I finish the Twilight and kit out the KaYa for the Cassiopeia, so if I can just order three individually it'll be a little bit cheaper and won't leave an odd number of spares.

• Like 1

My first Pre Order from Hobby Search arrived. My very own Dr. Yellow.

But I currently have no layout to have it run. May will set up something small later this week.

IMG_20180807_174937.thumb.jpg.0193ab0378c53fea8654759229dcdbd1.jpgIMG_20180807_175447_01.thumb.jpg.85c360d0d6aa1e8cea7d989e1650a41d.jpgIMG_20180807_175436.thumb.jpg.182eb3f28c0b4ea44c985508c17bb156.jpg

• Like 14
17 hours ago, Welshbloke said:

I understand JC6353 is the same part as 0374, but individually rather than a pack of six. Hopefully someone can confirm? I know I'll need three more knuckle type TNs by the time I finish the Twilight and kit out the KaYa for the Cassiopeia, so if I can just order three individually it'll be a little bit cheaper and won't leave an odd number of spares.

According to the Tomix parts catalogue, that is correct. The 6353 is for one piece, while the 0374 is for six of them inside one pack. Same goes for 6362 and 0375 for the grey counterpart. 

One thing I dislike about these Tomix couplers, they make it quite confusing to understand which ones to get for which. Like I wrongly gotten so many packs of 0373 only to find out they cannot be used for other sets except for the one it is designed for, Oha-61. That itself is weird since I cant find the single coupler piece that is for Oha-61 that will correspond with the 0373 pack of 6 like how the 6353 and 0374 works. With the usual 0336 and 0337, there is then another 0339 which seems to be only used for the Cassiopeia cars... So confusing.

Edited by JR 500系
14 hours ago, Waisneed said:

My first Pre Order from Hobby Search arrived. My very own Dr. Yellow.

But I currently have no layout to have it run. May will set up something small later this week.

Great choice of the Kato one for the Dr. Yellow! Those pantograph lights are really lovely!

The first four cars for my Cassiopeia and the second DD51 arrived. Seen here with its sister loco, I've fitted the Cassiopeia headboard to one end of the pair and the Twilight Express to the other:

I disabled the headlights on the inner ends by cutting the PCB track, which could easily be reversed with a dab of solder if needed.

As for the couplers, it looks as if 0339 has a slightly longer shank than 0336. The mounting pegs on these coaches are quite a long way inboard compared to the Twilight, presumably to leave space for those underfloor skirt parts which fit under the coach ends.

• Like 7

Finally caved and put in the pre-order for the Hello Kitty Shinkansen today, pretty excited for it, to be honest 

• Like 3
Drunkenclam

22 minutes ago, TimWay4 said:

Finally caved and put in the pre-order for the Hello Kitty Shinkansen today, pretty excited for it, to be honest 

I think it's on my wish list too. The pleasure of having daughters.

I don't even have shinkansen lines on my layout. 

Edited by Drunkenclam
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Drunkenclam said:

Who care s? if you like it that much,I m sure you ll find somewhere to run it buddy👍😂😂

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Drunkenclam said:

I missed on the Eva Shinkansen when it came out and If i'm honest I've been sad about that since so I figured screw it, I'm going to get the Hello Kitty one now.

It also goes on the stack of booksets that I have no layout to run them on, my trains get ran on Tuesdays when I'm at the train club.

• Like 1
Just now, TimWay4 said:

I missed on the Eva Shinkansen when it came out and If i'm honest I've been sad about that since so I figured screw it, I'm going to get the Hello Kitty one now.

@Sascha is selling an EVA shinkansen in case you want one, in the "for sale" section

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Yavianice said:

@Sascha is selling an EVA shinkansen in case you want one, in the "for sale" section

Thanks for pointing out, I got in touch last night 🙂 

• Like 1
Drunkenclam

Needed to take some sort of action To start landscaping around the station building. So ordered 4 different people sets, some trees, a couple of the kobaru cast concrete paving slabs, tree surrounds and the 4 piece vending machine set with leds.  Saw the total price. So removed another 4 sets of people, the UFO crane and Photo and sticker booth sets.

Also hunting for a building or 2 to fill in an 8x16cm gap in the kato road plates. But the old 6 flr diotown buildings are hard to come by now. I think the 7-11 store might fit in without the car park.

Got to start somewhere.

Anyone done the kobaru vending machine kit recently?

• Like 3

Rest of the Cassiopeia stuff I ordered arrived. Now have a six car train and the spare KaYa along with the EF510.

I'm a bit unimpressed that Tomix didn't include the alternate TN coupler for the other end car though. I know the part number but it's out of stock everywhere, and for the sake of a few pence worth of plastic in £140 worth of train it just strikes me as a bit cheapskate not to include it. You get a spare Rapido in 92409 but no extra TN coupler. Same goes for not bundling the loco TN couplers in the basic sets.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, railsquid said:

Oooh, did Railsquid get yet another 115 series in Yokosuka livery?

Nope, it's a Minobu Line 62 series, aka the underneath bits of an olde-style 72 etc. series with a shiny new 115-series style body.

oooh, is that the tomtec model?  I've been very tempted to get one of those for a while now, they look really neat.

16 minutes ago, Kiha66 said:

oooh, is that the tomtec model?  I've been very tempted to get one of those for a while now, they look really neat.

That's the one (see link in the post). I do like these old JNR "Frankentrains", I also need to get the Tomytec 103-3000 series, which also started out as a 72 series with a 103 series-style body plonked on top for the Senseki line, then was later transferred to the Kawagoe line for which most of the remaining 72 series bits were stripped out and replaced with parts from redundant 101 series trains (IIRC).

• Thanks 1

Holy moo-bovine, I ordered some bits'n'pieces from Yodobashi Camera early in the afternoon, now it's mid-evening and they just arrived.

• Haha 2

I found a load of photos of the 62 Series a while ago. A couple showed a KuHa fitted with different bogies to the Tomytec and spoked wheels, for even greater oddness.

4 minutes ago, Welshbloke said:

I found a load of photos of the 62 Series a while ago. A couple showed a KuHa fitted with different bogies to the Tomytec and spoked wheels, for even greater oddness.

Interesting, Kato do some spoked wheels, must investigate...

1 hour ago, railsquid said:

Holy moo-bovine, I ordered some bits'n'pieces from Yodobashi Camera early in the afternoon, now it's mid-evening and they just arrived.

Talk about FAST! Is there a minimum amount to spend at Yodobashi before they will do delivery to your place? 

Yodobashi is one of my favourite places to shop for trains... huge hobby train department, great discounts, large variety... except for that annoying tune that keeps playing again and again...