What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

12 minutes ago, TimWay4 said:

I walked into work, sat down opened the website to the store I buy from and bought a MicroAce Series 922-0 4 car Doctor Yellow set for the grand Total of £80 ($103/11,504 yen) 

This is actually how 99% of my trains have been purchased. So don't feel too bad.

16 minutes ago, TimWay4 said:

I'm a bad person and shouldn't be allowed to have my own money -_- I walked into work, sat down opened the website to the store I buy from and bought a MicroAce Series 922-0 4 car Doctor Yellow set for the grand Total of £80 ($103/11,504 yen) Should arrive on Monday.Hopefully next week my Panda Train will arrive to.

Oh dear, I did exactly the same thing yesterday with the very same website, albeit with something non-Japanese. I did consider that set as it's a good price (esp. at the current exchange rate), but that would have been like sending sushi to Tokyo...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To be fair that is a crazy cheap price, I just hope my SO understands when I tell her I've bought it. I was going to say I have a problem when it comes to Doctor Yellows, but really I just have a problem when it comes to Japanese trains -_- 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, TimWay4 said:

I'm a bad person and shouldn't be allowed to have my own money -_- I walked into work, sat down opened the website to the store I buy from and bought a MicroAce Series 922-0 4 car Doctor Yellow set for the grand Total of £80 ($103/11,504 yen) Should arrive on Monday.Hopefully next week my Panda Train will arrive to.

That really is a good price... you would not be forgiven if you hadn't grab it! 

Don't worry... Even if I don't access the website on my working cpu, I will still access it on my handphone so it's almost unavoidable... 

3 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

That really is a good price... you would not be forgiven if you hadn't grab it! 

Don't worry... Even if I don't access the website on my working cpu, I will still access it on my handphone so it's almost unavoidable... 

That's what I thought too, as these don't seem to come up that often, thankfully told SO and she didn't seem upset by my purchase 🙂 

On another note, I've also taken delivery of the wood and track I need for my B-Train Shorty Layout build that was mentioned a little while back. so for that I now have:

The baseboard 

Two lengths of flexi-track

Two sets of points

So I'll probably start a thread for that soon as I'll be looking to start building it probably on Tuesday when I get back to the Train club, I missed this week as I'm currently fighting a flu.

Haven't ordered much recently, still working on my shelf layout...

Finally paid for a few cheap Yahoo Auctions items to be delivered, all B-Train Shorty stuff for the shelf freight layout.

New DE10 Kit

New DE10 JR Color Kit

New EF210 Kit (EF200 not included)

2x Used EF210 Kit in Power Unit 1 Cases (No Power Unit 1, but I was looking for spare cases)

2x New Power Unit 5

2x Koki 106 Double Car Kit

2x Koki 107 Double Car Kit

Greenmax 19D JRF Brown Containers

IMG_6729.JPG.6c22d84541f82eb2b4b9198e46bd8ab7.JPG

Of these, the Greenmax is really the gem of the lot- so happy I finally found one for a good price and really impressed by the quality of the design.

The molding is really something else! (I might consider smoothing out the inner doors, but otherwise it looks great, and has so many surface details)

IMG_6754.JPG.cb94ba43acff4ca91686a4494a819159.JPGIMG_6747.JPG.44b1e4868bde80694f058befb4d725a3.JPG

• Like 9

AAhhh I was about to ask you where you got those openable door containers from GreenMax… Looks like I need to start looking at Yahoo Auctions... those look great!

Wait a minute. I'm not supposed to buy new stuff...   😞 

14 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

AAhhh I was about to ask you where you got those openable door containers from GreenMax… Looks like I need to start looking at Yahoo Auctions... those look great!

It is hard, isn't it.

Caved and ordered the Cassiopeia basic set. £83.96 is still the best price going even if it was £10 less a fortnight ago. That gives me a six coach train plus the KaYa when everything arrives.

Tomix OhHaNe 25-100 arrived for my Asakaze. The bodywork and roof paint are a good match for my older one although the upgraded interior is a bit visible. Have ordered another one to get up to a five coach train for now, a third OhHaNe and a pair of OhHaNeFus will follow next month along with the various weird TN couplers I need for locos.

10 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

LOL-

I actually am having a hard time even justifying them in any sort of layout for accuracy's sake as it effectively means I have to implement some kind of local industry/business that will have them in the process un/loaded... AFAIK it's not common practice to open and inspect containers at intermodal depots. Still, they are so nicely implemented that it's hard to pass up in my pursuit of little brown boxes, so I will FIND A WAY!

1 hour ago, defor said:

LOL-

I actually am having a hard time even justifying them in any sort of layout for accuracy's sake as it effectively means I have to implement some kind of local industry/business that will have them in the process un/loaded... AFAIK it's not common practice to open and inspect containers at intermodal depots. Still, they are so nicely implemented that it's hard to pass up in my pursuit of little brown boxes, so I will FIND A WAY!

Or you could just model one that had an 'accident' and fell off of the forklift and spilled open.

• Haha 1

Finally got a kato tsubame set!  This one was labeled junk cause of "electrical issues", but I took a chance thinking it was just bad wheels.  Seems I was correct, and I already have 4 boxes of kato 11-606 replacements from another project!  I ran it today on the club layout and it looks great behind a c62, and I should get dcc installed on my ef58 so I can use that one too.

20180802_161714.thumb.jpg.9dfee93eb87cb31dc506e290e889695f.jpg

• Like 2

Have you guys seen the current issue of RM.   Saw at HS they were on back order.  I just have to wonder if there's some really great photos of layouts from the JAM show (which are online at their website).

Regards

ED1682FD-7CC8-49FA-B9AE-7F7D40C988F8.thumb.jpeg.5d1ffd30c6e71fab8998d39f4a9a2a1c.jpeg

Few bits and bobs arrived from MTP while I was away.Now I can finish off the refinery and fit a few lights to it.

• Like 6

34F8430D-795A-4856-B84D-C470683B5D96.thumb.jpeg.13e2a4e8967673ac65915bdb265c5f4f.jpeg

Also arrived is the replacement power bogie for the Azusa.

massive shout to jr500 for organising this for me👍👍😀

• Like 6
38 minutes ago, Pauljag900 said:

Also arrived is the replacement power bogie for the Azusa.

massive shout to jr500 for organising this for me👍👍😀

No worries mate glad I could help! Let us know if the Azusa flies well now!  🙂

On 7/31/2018 at 6:37 PM, Pauljag900 said:

Hope you re gonna share it 👍👍😀

One of the boards has fallen off the side (it’s second hand), so I want to fix that first!

On 8/4/2018 at 3:21 AM, Pauljag900 said:

Now I can finish off the refinery and fit a few lights to it.

Be careful! Once you start buying refinery parts you'll end up with a giant refinery complex 😬😅

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, valkyriepm said:

Be careful! Once you start buying refinery parts you'll end up with a giant refinery complex 😬😅

Well that was the initial idea as I worked on a petro chemical plant for twenty years from 1979-1999,unfortunately I decided to put a small freight yard in so I only have room for a smallish one now.The amount of stuff available for this idea is brilliant so yes,you could make a pretty nice,large refinery like yours which is superb buddy👍👍😀

Edited by Pauljag900
  • Thanks 1

Strangely enough I ve just found one on the link Gavin put up on the construction topic he posted not long ago,so that’s what I was thinking,cheers buddy👍👍😀

• Like 1

Great timing! My tomytec Keikyu 1000-1800 arrived the same day from hobbysearch as the running parts came from amiami. I will probably have it running by tonight.

The rest of the year should just be what I have on preorder. I am really trying to improve my layout so may make small purchases for diorama stuff.

This month an next month I should get my Keikyu rilakkuma in red and happy yellow train.

I am thinking next year I would like to have a keikyu N1000 in stainless steel. Hoping for a rerealease. 

20180806_112817.jpg

• Like 3

I'm waiting for a Kato 10-1456 Tokyu 5000 series Green Frog...but it seems that the USPS has misplaced my package *grumbles*. It still bewilders me how they could lose a tracked package, especially while it's still within their system. It has been about 2 weeks since it last had a status update...so hopefully I'll get it in +6 months once it makes its way to their missing mail facility. 

Paid the international shipping from Taobao's warehouse,  $12 for EMS from china for two locos isnt a bad deal at all. 

• Like 2

The pile of TN couplers for the Twilight Express turned up. Fitted them. Feels odd taking clippers to a model you only bought a few weeks ago!

• Like 1