What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Earlier this week an E751 Tsugaru from Microace arrived, yesterday a Series 583 from Tomix and today I finally joined the Shiki Shima club.

I picked my Shiki Shima up at the local train store and surprisingly the first one I got had defective tail lights in one of the end cars. Luckily they had another one without defects.

• Like 3

HS order showed up, another Boso area train for me, some containers (can never have enough Runtec), a GuP bus, and some figures (the Kobaru 'People of the Shrine' and the Tomytec police officers). Also went to the 'World's Greatest Hobby Show' that was in town this weekend, kind of a bummer. Did manage to get a V17 track set though for $35 for down the road when I do actual Shinkansen track. Only one table had some Japanese trains, an overpriced Kato Type 0 and Hayabusa.

5a51cf1d65c45_photo(51).thumb.JPG.a8b77f3e66f216304eca176728f2beea.JPG

Edited by nah00
  • Like 9

I purchased the new KATO SX powerpack 22-018 with the N gauge power brick, to “replace” my KATO 22-012 standard powerpack. It’s a bit different from the TOMIX CL function; I can’t get the trains to be lit when stopped (there is no button or a knob or anything), so that’s a bit disappointing. What is great however is that the LED interior lighting starts glowing very early at low speeds. No more driving at supersonic speeds to let the interior lighting be at acceptable levels!

I’m going to test my whole EU and Japanese train collection and report back if there are issues.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Yavianice said:

I purchased the new KATO SX powerpack 22-018 with the N gauge power brick, to “replace” my KATO 22-012 standard powerpack. It’s a bit different from the TOMIX CL function; I can’t get the trains to be lit when stopped (there is no button or a knob or anything), so that’s a bit disappointing. What is great however is that the LED interior lighting starts glowing very early at low speeds. No more driving at supersonic speeds to let the interior lighting be at acceptable levels!

I’m going to test my whole EU and Japanese train collection and report back if there are issues.

Awesome! Hope it works out well!

3 hours ago, Yavianice said:

From the videos I've seen you keep the lights on by turning the throttle a tiny bit, till the lights come on but before the motor starts spinning.  It seems to work best with the LED lighting, but I agree it would have been better with a seperate part to control lighting while the train is stopped. 

12 hours ago, nah00 said:

HS order showed up, another Boso area train for me, some containers (can never have enough Runtec), a GuP bus, and some figures (the Kobaru 'People of the Shrine' and the Tomytec police officers. Also went to the 'World's Greatest Hobby Show' that was in town this weekend, kind of a bummer. Did manage to get a V17 track set though for $35 for down the road when I do actual Shinkansen track. Only one table had some Japanese trains, an overprice Kato Type 0 and Hayabusa.

5a51cf1d65c45_photo(51).thumb.JPG.a8b77f3e66f216304eca176728f2beea.JPG

I like those Hogarakadou containers. I've never seen them before. Looks like they sell out quickly. On Hobbysearch everything released is sold out. There are four models available for pre-order - but there are no pictures??? Did you have that issue when your ordered them from HS?

Edited by gavino200

From the videos I've seen you keep the lights on by turning the throttle a tiny bit, till the lights come on but before the motor starts spinning.  It seems to work best with the LED lighting, but I agree it would have been better with a seperate part to control lighting while the train is stopped. 

This doesn’t seem to be the case. Most trains I tried start running immediately. I’ve seen TOMIX CL function in action, it doesn’t work like it at all. Maybe it’s because I have 240V?

Interesting, are you using a 240 to 12v power brick?  If it was a 120 only brick then you'd be outputting 24v to the trains. 

Interesting, are you using a 240 to 12v power brick?  If it was a 120 only brick then you'd be outputting 24v to the trains. 

The brick is 100V-240V, CE Certified
14 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

The brick is 100V-240V, CE Certified, official KATO for N gauge

EDIT: (sorry for the repost. Apparently something went wrong in Tapatalk).

Edited by Yavianice
On 12/26/2017 at 4:24 AM, Gryphr said:

I've found two videos on it in operation so far, it seems that thanks to the constant lighting the lights now turn on a bit before the train begins to move, although this is controlled completely with the main power handle instead of having a second knob like the Tomix controllers.

The second video seems mention using a 100V-240V Adapter? in the video description although it is not said if it's the stock adapter or an aftermarket one.

It is now also on sale from HobbySearch & co., including pictures which sadly do not show the bottom of the power bricks which means we can't read the actual specifications...

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10501349

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10501352

1 minute ago, Yavianice said:

The brick is 100V-240V, CE Certified, official KATO for N gauge

Strange, all the videos I've seen posted seem to work fairly well.  Has anyone else gotten the SX yet to confirm the problem?

No mention of what trains or brands that is failing.

Because so far I have not encountered any trains that are not running. Tomix, Micro Ace, KATO, Hobbytrain, PIKO, Minitrix, Fleischmann, Liliput trains tested. All run without abnormalities so far. But there is no benefit whatsoever to having the SX powerpack unless you have KATO LED interior lighting. If you have KATO LED interior lighting, it’s far better than the standard S power pack, but a true CL function (stationary but lit) is still strangely missing even though it is advertised clearly in the manual. I do not own Tomix or TORM interior lighting yet. Will report back when it arrives. My TORM set is somewhere in a distribution center still.

EDIT: while older Minitrix trains work well, newer Minitrix trains that only come factory equipped with a decoder won’t work well, either running at full speed or not at all. So buyer beware.

5 hours ago, gavino200 said:

I like those Hogarakadou containers. I've never seen them before. Looks like they sell out quickly. On Hobbysearch everything released is sold out. There are four models available for pre-order - but there are no pictures??? Did you have that issue when your ordered them from HS?

Generally the Hogarakadou containers won't have a picture. If I want an image I'll switch to the Japanese version of HS and use Google Japan to search the type of container and company name, I've pretty much always had success this way. Some of it too is from watching videos of JRF trains, Runtec is a good example as are the ubiquitous Paloma containers which are the only 2 in use. Also they pretty much all sell out een before release so you have to jump on them if you see a set you want. I just wish they'd do more Zentsu containers or the older Yamato Transport ones.

• Like 2

Small Parcel from Ami, mainly the Boso area 209-2100 series... have been waiting a long time for this one so we can now run the E233-5000 together with the 255 & 257 series in the Boso Area!

Also picked up a Kiha 40-2000 series Takaoka color that was in the bargains bin and too attractive to miss...

20171230_141329.jpg

20171230_141348.jpg

20171230_141357.jpg

20171230_141428.jpg

20171230_141451.jpg

20171230_141526.jpg

• Like 8

And another parcel which I call the bus parcel...

didn't know the 8 bus set comes in a book case shaped box! lovely buses but do cost abit more...

And the long awaited Bus Collection Number 23... really love going through the boxes one by one and hoping for a special! gotta love those Rosa! 

too bad no special for me this time... don't think I have much luck with specials even from a full box...

20180105_125508.jpg

20180105_125518.jpg

20180105_125703.jpg

20180105_135047.jpg

20180105_135051.jpg

20180105_135103.jpg

20180105_140732.jpg

20180105_140746.jpg

20180105_141639.jpg

20180105_141653.jpg

• Like 11

10 car koki set just arrived. I love the lights on the end car. Only one problem - I need to buy a whole lot of new koki containers to fill it.

F3MK2H1.jpg

hosydB2.jpg

• Like 9

Collected my two Kato DD54s from the Post Office. Very quick SAL from HS. Paid before New Year shutdown. 

Superb models of a failure in real life.

received a pcl from the Hobbylink recent sale. couldn't resist the DE10 at 3400 yen and the B train shorty power unit at 2100 yen. The kato 11-106 power unit is really only for a single vehicle  because of its drive only running one set of bogies, but at  1400 yen , I can handle that. Been after the Argosy kit for some time as they have one on permanent display where i was born in the south Island of New Zealand. Remember them flying cargo as a young fella as well as the earlier Bristol freighters.Seen the Bristols as a kit, but only in 1/72 scale.

20180109_000451.jpg

20180109_000552.jpg

• Like 11

I just received the Tobu 8000 sets 3 models from Sammy JR500 san last weekend , so happy :) thanks  so much Sammy-san for the nice deal and those Tobu 8000 sets are just great, especially the flying tojo and the two tone colors which are already fitted with upgrade parts of wheels, panto and motor. :)

P_20180109_230503.jpg

P_20180109_230445.jpg

• Like 9

Has anyone here ever used Zenmarket instead of Buyee? I keep seeing all these ads for it, but haven't really looked in to it myself.

Das Steinkopf
On 9 January 2018 at 6:55 AM, gavino200 said:

10 car koki set just arrived. I love the lights on the end car. Only one problem - I need to buy a whole lot of new koki containers to fill it.

F3MK2H1.jpg

hosydB2.jpg

Don't worry you can always run some as empties or have a rake of empties, I will be hitting 76 Koki's in my fleet very soon and there is no way that I will have them all loaded, even though I have well over 200 containers I would like to have 60 to 100 spare to use in a freight depot.

• Like 2

The add on pack for my 415 Series arrived today, so the resulting eight car set is getting some exercise:

Still need some detailing parts for the KuHa at the far end, unfortunately the instructions for the addon don't include any part numbers. It needs the skirt under the cab front, that hook shaped aerial for the roof and the stubby aerial with the square base behind that. I can probably make the latter two but the skirt is beyond my abilities.

• Like 5