Jump to content
JNS Forum
bc6

What did you order or the post deliver?

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Kiha66 said:

And the fist one just got knocked to the floor and shattered...  :sad7:

You are kidding, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly no, I guess this one will have to be the trailing unit if I can at least get the main parts put back together...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that isn't good.  Hopefully it all goes back together again.

 

I've knocked a few on the floor.  And mechanical they have all worked again without issue. Aesthetically some of the features like hand rails and pantographs get get bent/damaged. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ffs,wot a bummer,beyond repair? Like Kato I ve dropped a few but have been lucky as they snapped back together,tho I have been unable to find sum small bits on certain ones,they usually turn up once I clean up.

fingers crossed buddy👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, with some careful work, and a lot of parts borrowed from an EF65 and a kato daylight of all things, I've managed to replace/repair the broken parts from the first EF30.  Thanks for the encouraging words everyone!  Luckily I can hide the damaged front of the unit with close couplers to the locomotive before it.  They really are beautiful, the camera doesn't do these models justice.

20171226_161338.thumb.jpg.3c28d6afdf92c63587f36206659026c0.jpg

20171226_161253.thumb.jpg.98b308cae7f70cb0a739583bd026b3bc.jpg

Edited by Kiha66
  • Like 13
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The stainless steel on those looks a lot better than the Tomix effort. Wonder if Kato are using the spray gloss black then spray with Alclad technique?

 

Ordered a powered Greenmax KuMoYa 90-100, the Amazon price for the pair of 143s had gone up by about 60% overnight and is now ridiculous. Slightly annoying that this model doesn't have working couplers or switchable lighting, but I have the dummy version to attach to other units. Will probably order the 415 Series add on set soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paid HS for 2 DD54s and today have paid for the RLF Kyushu C11 numbers. 

 

Just need Kato to issue some more C11s in 2018.

 

Malcolm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got an EF81-500 from ebay last week.

 

No trains for christmas though.

But I ordered a Series 583 from Mandarake, won the bid on a Microace Series 485 Hakucho ( buyee test ) and I found an E751 Tsugaru on a german forum. And of course I have a preorder for the Shiki Shima Iam waiting for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three parcels from HS today.  At least they came to my door saving a trip out in the -20C cold. Mostly Tomytec tram reservations,  a couple of pieces of Unitram and two tubes of Tamiya Craft Bond glue.

 

 

IMG_5747 1024 x 768.jpg

IMG_5748   1024 x 768.jpg

IMG_5749  1024 x 768.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

Alright, with some careful work, and a lot of parts borrowed from an EF65 and a kato daylight of all things, I've managed to replace/repair the broken parts from the first EF30.  Thanks for the encouraging words everyone!  Luckily I can hide the damaged front of the unit with close couplers to the locomotive before it.  They really are beautiful, the camera doesn't do these models justice.

20171226_161338.thumb.jpg.3c28d6afdf92c63587f36206659026c0.jpg

20171226_161253.thumb.jpg.98b308cae7f70cb0a739583bd026b3bc.jpg

Those look great. What exactly broke and how did you fix it. Just curious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

Those look great. What exactly broke and how did you fix it. Just curious.

 

Sun visors (?) we cracked/smashed, pilot was broken and the coupler itself actually shattered.  Trucks/drive train were in pieces, but luckily they weren't actually broken. Pantagraph and the copper bar on the roof fell off, and the grab irons and uncoupler bar on the front were bent.  Luckily the coupler breaking seemed to take the worst of the blow, and the drive train and roof details all went back together.  I replaced the couplers with parts taken from my EF65 and the couplers from the kato daylight set.  The grab irons and uncoupler bar were just carefully bent into place, and the visors were bent/glued as best I could.  You can the far one on the front unit is still a little bent in the top picture.  The prototype EF30 14 actually had similar damage to the visor, so I think I'll leave it as it is.

01sA19CsEF301xEF30s640726sShimonosekiStn

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two parcels dropped off from Ami via DHL... gotta love their speed!

 

 

20171227_134434.jpg

20171227_134438.jpg

20171227_134525.jpg

20171227_134544.jpg

 

 

First up, a small parcel with some casco inserts, goods pieces, and a 3-car add-on for the E233-1000 Keihin Tohoku....

 

 

 

20171227_135536.jpg

20171227_135551.jpg

20171227_135557.jpg

20171227_135634.jpg

20171227_135659.jpg

20171227_135716.jpg

20171227_135729.jpg

20171227_135741.jpg

20171227_135816.jpg

20171227_135922.jpg

20171227_135934.jpg

20171227_135954.jpg

20171227_140028.jpg

20171227_140050.jpg

20171227_140159.jpg

 

Next is the much anticipated and highly reviewed Shinki-Shima! It's an astonishing set... the details are simply mind-blowing! Just the box alone is enough to drool! It's a must have set for any Japanese N-scaler!

 

I did hope they came with pre-installed interior lights though... having to open such a delicate and beautiful train set sends shivers down my spine... but without the interior lights, you can never admire all the details that went into the interior!

 

*P.s. the box kinda reminded me of a moon cake box....

 

Edited by JR 500系
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got a tiny package in from Buyee. At first glance, look like i was sent ANOTHER 201-series set instead of a 285-0 series set... *Sigh*...

20171227_180530.jpg

20171227_180808.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For that I not always leave from Nariichi empty handed I took some things with me yesterday...

DSC00902.thumb.jpg.07e2e73420ac8431f2f3e66a098b2414.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Philphil said:

Just got a tiny package in from Buyee. At first glance, look like i was sent ANOTHER 201-series set instead of a 285-0 series set... *Sigh*...

 

20171227_180808.jpg

 

 

? Did you feedback to Buyee? need to check the description of the item on the link you purchased, and if you selected 500yen extra for Buyee to check and re-pack then they are at fault...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Philphil said:

Just got a tiny package in from Buyee. At first glance, look like i was sent ANOTHER 201-series set instead of a 285-0 series set... *Sigh*...

 

Is the 201 a full set or just the add on?  If they don't take it back I may be interested in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kiha66 said:

 

Sun visors (?) we cracked/smashed, pilot was broken and the coupler itself actually shattered.  Trucks/drive train were in pieces, but luckily they weren't actually broken. Pantagraph and the copper bar on the roof fell off, and the grab irons and uncoupler bar on the front were bent.  Luckily the coupler breaking seemed to take the worst of the blow, and the drive train and roof details all went back together.  I replaced the couplers with parts taken from my EF65 and the couplers from the kato daylight set.  The grab irons and uncoupler bar were just carefully bent into place, and the visors were bent/glued as best I could.  You can the far one on the front unit is still a little bent in the top picture.  The prototype EF30 14 actually had similar damage to the visor, so I think I'll leave it as it is.

01sA19CsEF301xEF30s640726sShimonosekiStn

 

Nice repair job. They look amazing. Beautiful locos!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few more things:

Just some misc freight cars, 8 cars from a Yamanote Line set, the correct 285 series, etc. 

1 hour ago, JR 500系 said:

 

 

? Did you feedback to Buyee? need to check the description of the item on the link you purchased, and if you selected 500yen extra for Buyee to check and re-pack then they are at fault...

Unfortunately I'm cheap, so recently I've been going with Buyee's lite plan, and since there's only been one mix up, I can accept that. I'm just happy it didn't happen again! Haha!

 

1 hour ago, Kiha66 said:

 

Is the 201 a full set or just the add on?  If they don't take it back I may be interested in it.

 Looks like it was just an incorrect box, sorry to get your hopes up!

20171227_182010.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After long last, finally collected enough 211-series cars to make a full 15-car train! Just need to do some minor mods and repainting some of the underframes to make everything fit together!

20171227_193212.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheNicofabi said:

For that I not always leave from Nariichi empty handed I took some things with me yesterday...

DSC00902.thumb.jpg.07e2e73420ac8431f2f3e66a098b2414.jpg

You should ask Nariichi if you can clean around the shop and out front for some train money. Or better yet, trade labor for trains. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, serotta1972 said:

You should ask Nariichi if you can clean around the shop and out front for some train money. Or better yet, trade labor for trains. :)

LOL, nah, we already had that kind of conversation xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My latest MTP order arrived. Without a ransom demand, astonishingly! An empty Casco case for more of my Tomytecs and the four car add on for the RhB EW1s:

 

 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×