What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Well, my shinkansen dreams were just crushed, got outbid on Buyee for both of the 8-car Kato E4 sets...

Guess I'll focus on extending my two E233 sets out to 15 cars, and trying to find a Microace 215 series set instead (and maybe a 251 series, too).

• Sad 1

Love those containers, unfortunately by the time you include shipping costs the price is bonkers.

The RhB EW1 add-on and the Casco ten car case didn't make it before the Christmas shutdown, so I'll probably get a ransom demand early in the new year. Thinking next year's plans will include the Albula Ge 4/4 III and the Ge 4/4 II, maybe a Kato 415 Series add on set for the basic set I picked up for very little on ebay earlier this year, maybe a pair of Greenmax KuMoYa 143s, and possibly some more Tomytecs (another 119 Series variant and possibly one of the 72 Series rebuilds for the Senseki line). The 415 is probably a case of now or never, and the Ge 4/4 II looks as if it will sell out rapidly after release.

3 hours ago, Yavianice said:

Got my KATO Shiki Shima today. She is very beautiful, amazing detail. Instantly one of my favorites.

1A6303A5-ADC2-4C02-9FF4-9A11C601963F.jpeg

AMAZING! Where'd you get your set from?

I have two Kato EF30s that have been sitting at the local post office for a few days now.  Unfortunately they seem to have been delayed due to the overload of Christmas packages.  Sadly while I cant pick them up, I was informed that they should make it by the day after Christmas.  In the meantime I won a set of series 50 coaches from buyee to go with them.  

jr_azusa_from189-img1200x900-1513585834ybaaiz2116.thumb.jpg.b43f0ee4155ed61a2ba0d9b711c9237b.jpg

• Like 4
33 minutes ago, Kiha66 said:

I have two Kato EF30s that have been sitting at the local post office for a few days now.  Unfortunately they seem to have been delayed due to the overload of Christmas packages.  Sadly while I cant pick them up, I was informed that they should make it by the day after Christmas.  In the meantime I won a set of series 50 coaches from buyee to go with them.  

jr_azusa_from189-img1200x900-1513585834ybaaiz2116.thumb.jpg.b43f0ee4155ed61a2ba0d9b711c9237b.jpg

I always find getting stuff off buyee expensive due to their fees adding up.  What made you buy normal availability items through buyee?  Cheap final price?

Edited by katoftw
9 minutes ago, katoftw said:

I always find getting stuff off buyee expensive due to their fees adding up.  What made you buy normal availability items through buyee?  Cheap final price?

Yep!  While the fees and domestic shipping usually add 10-20 usd to the cost, in this case I got the lot about half off the normal price so it was worth it.  

Edited by Kiha66
  • Like 1
On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 12:46 PM, Philphil said:

Well, my shinkansen dreams were just crushed, got outbid on Buyee for both of the 8-car Kato E4 sets...

Guess I'll focus on extending my two E233 sets out to 15 cars, and trying to find a Microace 215 series set instead (and maybe a 251 series, too).

keep looking buddy,i guess these were nt meant to be for you but I m sure you ll find one

3 hours ago, Pauljag900 said:

keep looking buddy,i guess these were nt meant to be for you but I m sure you ll find one

Thanks for being positive! And surprisingly, I woke up today to find out I'd won one of the two sets, so everything sort of worked out!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, gavino200 said:

Train related Christmas gifts :)

Oh WOW!

You gotta LOVE the person who gave you the Sumiko Gurashii as a Christmas gift!!! Great guy/ girl there who knows exactly what you like!!  :grin

9 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

Oh WOW!

You gotta LOVE the person who gave you the Sumiko Gurashii as a Christmas gift!!! Great guy/ girl there who knows exactly what you like!!  :grin

Yes. That was from my wife. She's awesome.

6 minutes ago, Philphil said:

Ah you guys are so lucky, at least your significant other actually accepts that trains aren't a total waste of money! Haha.

yeah i'll love my SO even more if I wake up to a Sumiko Gurashii on Christmas day!  But that's not gonna happen cause she don't even know what's a N scale to begin with...   :sleepy5:

Edited by JR 500系
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

I got myself a (quite large) Jtrain JNR calender for Christmas, plus a set of window blinds for my Kato 581 series!  I also got a model train plus giftcard from the parrents. 

20171225_114022.thumb.jpg.99021a9291527a098e4d69543372b360.jpg

20171225_114044.thumb.jpg.2de08ddc4b3772de4ea36485e150fbe6.jpg

• Like 5
Das Steinkopf
7 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

yeah i'll love my SO even more if I wake up to a Sumiko Gurashii on Christmas day!  But that's not gonna happen cause she don't even know what's a N scale to begin with...   :sleepy5:

I don't think that's the problem, I think it's more of a case of given how many trains you have bought and sold over the years your poor wife would not have a clue of what you have had in your collection, she probably gave up due to not having a idea as to what to get for you.....  😛😛😛

Edited by Das Steinkopf
  • Haha 3

My December order from Buyee arrived on the 23rd, just before Christmas (in what was probably the largest shipping box they could find):

2 Train Calendars and a Kato 521 series set (and a small fortune of Airbags):

upab.thumb.jpg.7929f82d22f951755cc88a37b248cd55.jpg

upbx.thumb.jpg.a73f38e1027c8774e8a4929d9fec3df9.jpg

The Kato 521 series is probably one the best models I've had so far, detail wise, they even modeled the Cab and back of the cab realistically. I'm pretty sure it will look great once the interior lighting is installed.

uptr1.thumb.jpg.78112cfe79a7cd0eddfa9cda0b0c1eaf.jpg

uptr2.thumb.jpg.80fd160d460999831e5f131297dfee0f.jpg

Edited by Gryphr
  • Like 4
4 hours ago, Das Steinkopf said:

I don't think that's the problem, I think it's more of a case of given how many trains you have bought and sold over the years your poor wife would not have a clue of what you have had in your collection, she probably gave up due to not having a idea as to what to get for you.....  😛😛😛

He s probably got more than hs and mtp put together😂😂😂😂😂

5 hours ago, Das Steinkopf said:

Haha that's a good one! Even i'm not sure what to get myself! Haha ~

But surely I've been a good boy this year so a Shiki-shima is in order!

31 minutes ago, Pauljag900 said:

He s probably got more than hs and mtp put together😂😂😂😂😂

Thanks for the compliment buddy! But it's no where close... not even their bargain sales sections alone...

Edited by JR 500系
6 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

Haha that's a good one! Even i'm not sure what to get myself! Haha ~

But surely I've been a good boy this year so a Shiki-shima is in order!

Thanks for the compliment buddy! But it's no where close... not even their bargain sales sections alone...

Ha ha,only kidding sammy,I m just jealous👍😂😂😂😂

HS are operating over Christmas which is in line with Japanese tradition. DD54 s have arrived from Kato. 

Paid for the order.

Looking forward to receiving these.