What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Das Steinkopf
1 hour ago, nah00 said:

I thought JRF was supposed to scrap all the 50000s before the end of the year? Might be a case of over-ambition though and they weren't able to produce enough new koki to replace them. 

I still think that is the plan as I did notice a lot of Koki 107’s in sevice when I was there in April, at that stage they were already past 2000 in service as I have photos of 107-2014 at Inazawa. Production wise I think they should be able to achieve it, they are knocking out at least 500 to 700 wagons a year.

Just had quite a large box show up.

(Actually, I missed the post man, so when I saw the "Missed You" note on my door, I ran barefoot down the street after him!)

An N-scale EMU is shown for size comparison.

Though the worst part is I don't even remember what's inside!

20171103_113132.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'm slowly starting to get interested in these Shonan / Tokaido colours. The 115, 211, E217, E231, E233 etc. really make for some iconic trains in a nice livery. Due to size limitation I'd never be able to go for those 15 car formations though. Maybe Takasaki Line 4 to 5 car formations or something... I really shouldn't do this.

I ordered a laser cut paper craft turntable from Fuji Dream Studio 501 through Rakuten. It's static. Saw it here. http://kunnpuu238.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-180.html I'm their first foreign customer. I think I caused a lot of stress for them in shipping overseas. They'd never done it before and had trouble with the English translations. I clicked on place order at about the same second that I read the they don't ship overseas. They did it though. They also sent some lovely pamphlets about the area where they are located. I ordered it to see how it's made on the laser cutter as much as for building it. I may try to make myself one using Polybak on my laser cutter at work. Need to build up my design skills.

https://www.rakuten.co.jp/studio501/

Cheers eh,

Todd

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Got a set of kato Suha 42/43 coaches from Buyee, and a kato C59 and some assy parts from Model train plus.  I also bought 32 wheels to replace the broken ones on my Kiha 81 set, but they ended up 2 mm too wide.   I am a little bummed, but it turns out that the Wamu 70000 uses the right kind of wheels, so I may just buy 20 Wamu, put the wheels in the Kiha, and then replace the wheels on the boxcar with the roundhouse spoked replacement.  Anyone happen need 4 packs of kato 11-606 wheel sets?  

• Like 1

An unexpected surprise came today, a complete M250 set. Unfortunately I have to wait to get them, they are from the wife. One piece will be for my birthday (Nov 15) one for our anniversary (Nov 20), and the last piece is my Christmas gift........now if I can figure out what to get the wife. ;)

large.IMG_4338.JPG.c2cc453149ddd2d28d2e7cb65bab110a.JPG

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

A second m250 set to have a matching pair?! O second thought that may not go over too well...

take the motor set as your bday present then you can start running then expand the train with the other events.

cheers

jeff

• Haha 1

I've really dropped quite a bit of money into Buyee recently, so trying to give Amazon Japan a try.

I managed to find a really nice used E233 set on there for a steal, unfortunately they won't ship it internationally... 

So I guess I either purchase a different set, or I find someone living in Japan who can forward it to me...

Though the cost of shipping it might cancel out any savings that the cheaper set may have had.

Woah, woah, woah, wait, really? That's a thing!?

2 hours ago, disturbman said:

You can always use the "Add to Buyee" app and have Buyee forward it to you.

On 11/4/2017 at 8:02 AM, Densha said:

I'm slowly starting to get interested in these Shonan / Tokaido colours. The 115, 211, E217, E231, E233 etc. really make for some iconic trains in a nice livery. Due to size limitation I'd never be able to go for those 15 car formations though. Maybe Takasaki Line 4 to 5 car formations or something... I really shouldn't do this.

I went the Takasaki route and honestly it isn't too bad. You usually get all the cars in one set and don't have to by an add-on. On the other hand there's a decent number of unique trains to track down that can be quite pricey. 

...also Takasaki is nice because I only have to do destination boards on 4-5 cars...

2 minutes ago, Philphil said:

Currently on the fence about getting a 115-series 4-car set in Shonan colors...

If it's Kato 10-1200 it's a nice little set that you don't have to add any other cars to, I like mine.

8 minutes ago, nah00 said:

If it's Kato 10-1200 it's a nice little set that you don't have to add any other cars to, I like mine.

It would happen to be the Kato 10-1200, I love the little white JR logos on the sides of the carbody, and it feels like that's a big part of what's drawing me towards bidding on it... And, as you mentioned, it is a nice, short set that I wouldn't have to add on to, which is also nice.

43 minutes ago, Philphil said:

I very much recommend it, I've had two so far, the older 10-1200 which I sold on to get the new 10-1408 (1409 is the 4 car version).  Its one of my favorites.

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 8:54 PM, tossedman said:

I ordered a laser cut paper craft turntable from Fuji Dream Studio 501 through Rakuten. It's static.

Saves you the expense and hassle of motorizing and indexing ;-)

Damn it, I went onto Buyee early this morning and won that 4-car 115 series, Kato 10-1200... 

Since I'm already on the subject, does JR East currently have any of the Yokosuka Line-colored 115's running around anymore? 

16 hours ago, Philphil said:

I don't understand, you're other trains are 15 cars long - why a little bitty short 4 car set and 115 Series at that. You need to get yourself a Series 115-1000 15 car set. :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

You did well to find that, Shonan 115 Series stock seems to be hard to get hold of.

I have a slightly odd unpowered set with a mix of 115 1000 and 115 2000 stock. Came about because I couldn't resist a KuMoHa 115 1000 and a KuHa 115 1100 for a tenner each, it now has a dummy MoHa 114 2000, a SaHa 115 1000 and one of my KuMoNis shoving gamely at the back. Also have a MoHa 115 2000 so depending on what turns up for sale it'll hopefully become self propelled and split into more realistic sets.

I also have an eight car 115 Series in Yokosuka livery and a four car 115 2000 Minobu line set.

I'm not leaping for the latest sets as the new couplers aren't compatible with my existing fleet. Mine frequently run in multiple or with KuMoNi/KuMoYuNis.

Just ordered a couple of Casco ten car cases (one black, the other a limited edition Shonan one) and assorted couplers and pantographs. The black case will be home to Tomytec Vol. 20 and the Shonan one will take the other half of my 153 Series set.

13 hours ago, Philphil said:

Damn it, I went onto Buyee early this morning and won that 4-car 115 series, Kato 10-1200... 

Since I'm already on the subject, does JR East currently have any of the Yokosuka Line-colored 115's running around anymore? 

Unfortunately no, it seems they are all currently withdrawn. It seems like Niigata Depot may have one in Yokosuka line colors but from what I could read through Google Translate on it isn't in use any longer.