What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

14 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

Talk about FAST! Is there a minimum amount to spend at Yodobashi before they will do delivery to your place? 

Not that I'm aware of, if you're logged in they display the latest time the delivery will arrive if you place the order now. In Tokyo at least they have a fleet of mopeds and vans which I see pretty much all over the place, so I presume if it's in stock, will fit into one of those and you're in the delivery area they'll deliver, no matter how small. The quoted latest arrival time for this order was lunchtime Monday, so was actually expecting it tomorrow...

Yodobashi is one of my favourite places to shop for trains... huge hobby train department, great discounts, large variety... except for that annoying tune that keeps playing again and again... 

I bring my own music... Funnily enough earlier today the Squidlet picked up the tune from a TV commercial as he realised it contained the magic words "Yamanote-sen" 😉

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, gavino200 said:

My first ever full Tomytec Truck Collection item. Plus a few little bits'n'bobs.

Actually, it's a trailer collection ~  🙂

A truck collection is these trucks ~

Anyway great choice as it is the first and only trailer collection to feature tilting trailers and tank containers!

Edited by JR 500系
  • Like 2
20 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

Actually, it's a trailer collection ~  🙂

A truck collection is these trucks ~

Anyway great choice as it is the first and only trailer collection to feature tilting trailers and tank containers!

Oh, thanks. So a "trailer" is what they call a "tractor-trailer" in the US and an "articulated lorry" in England (both of which are oddly enough driven by "truck drivers"). While a "Truck" is the same as an American "Truck", or a British "Lorry".  I guess it's closer to the American use. I tend to just call them all trucks. 

Edited by gavino200
  • Haha 1

Recent ebay find: it's from bandai, out-of-print. https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/m/10051925

The listing said it was broken but I discovered it wasn't fully assembled. I like the tv news van because I haven't seen much for sale these days like it. It was sort of a crazy auction ended up paying $16. Not bad because it shipped in US.

20180813_102308.jpg

• Like 5
21 hours ago, gavino200 said:

I guess it's closer to the American use. I tend to just call them all trucks. 

Colloquially I think everyon just cals them "trucks."

It is good to learn, though, what the sets are called.  I have that same "trailers" collection.  Now, I know a bit more when looking at listings (just looking, for now...)

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Ultratram said:

Recent ebay find: it's from bandai, out-of-print. https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/m/10051925

The listing said it was broken but I discovered it wasn't fully assembled. I like the tv news van because I haven't seen much for sale these days like it. It was sort of a crazy auction ended up paying $16. Not bad because it shipped in US.

Thanks for posting. I love it. I won't rest until I own one!

• Haha 1

I completely missed this yesterday. It was in the bottom of a box from Hobbysearch under some packing stuff. My wife found it today when she was recycling the boxes. Maybe I'm buying too much train stuff!

SdAT0eK.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A spring-worm drive, chassis-block-in-cab era Tomix ED75, in mint condition for very few yen.

44031298471_1c8a039711_z.jpg

Tomix ED75 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Mainly out of historical interest, the ED75 is an interesting model to chart developments in Japanese N gauge with, and this is a vast improvement over the original Tomix (Tomy) version:

31676120454_4bd14dc93a_z.jpg

tomy-ed75-profile by Rail Squid, on Flickr

• Like 5

I have a couple of spring drive Tomix locos, they're not bad runners. The trick is to coat the springs in lithium grease to minimise friction inside the guide tubes. Mine are a little bit louder than a modern loco but not annoyingly so.

Yep but with time though some slowly wear on the plastic and get louder and louder. Also the friction they generate can burn motors. Two club members have had de10s Burn out. Luckily cheap motors to replace and through cleaning and good greasing keeps them going. I have a de10 though that’s really pretty quiet, but I think it was at the tail end of making this design and the one time I pulled it apart it looked a bit different than the old ones I had worked on, so maybe the design was refined some before moving to standard worm gears.

I have noticed that the loud ones came to me caked full of crap in the grease that is in there and the grease generally dried up. Luckily the newer greases tend to not dry out and get as mucky when schmutz gets mixed into it (thank you rc car hobby!).

jeff

That might be why my EF64-1000 came with a dud motor. I replaced it but only just got hold of a replacement for the spring drive which got bent during removal, it just spun wheels when I tried it on one bogie. With both driven again it's whirring around happily.

Just received an eagerly awaited package from Singapore containing a Kato 223-2500 & 225-5100 Series Kansai Airport / Kishuji Rapid. Thanks a lot, Sammy! 🙂

Dko_JzKX0AED8VJ.thumb.jpg.b8f78e8d93c4327df604696bb4965b1d.jpgDko_LuDXcAABuKo.thumb.jpg.6b163f9cd6769b37b82cc774637a7b0e.jpg

Also, DM-Toys had some eBay acutions last week, which ended kinda low. I guess they won't repeat that mistake any time soon...

Modemo Hakone Tozan Type 2000

DkpDewtW4AEDJcj.thumb.jpg.36acae566abeaebef9f68a2cfd2ff7eb.jpg

MicroAce D52-235

DkpFKliXoAA1GNQ.thumb.jpg.1ba46df781c22ece03fe7e057a3c1772.jpg

MicroAce Ki608 Rotary Snowplow

DkpFiLoW4AEqszC.thumb.jpg.75a7b383ad99752c294a482108e78d8e.jpg

MicroAce Ki908 Mackley Snowplow

DkpFkO0XoAANYNA.thumb.jpg.aac0ad87f73be2b3238c4bdfbdd99685.jpg

Edited by Suica
  • Like 6