What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

1 minute ago, Pauljag900 said:

Nice haul there buddy👍😀

you ll be receiving another one pretty soon I m guessing?👍👍😀

There are a couple of pre-order (new or restocked stuff) from Amazon.co.jp coming this week.  But they were ordered months ago.    And I have a pre-order at HS for July that was ordered months ago.   The exiting pre-orders I am keeping.  And exceptional new stuff like Kitty-chan 500 that is basically get it or weep, but I have been pretty good on the self-imposed moratorium on new orders.  It has been hard.  I get newsletters from several German dealers, HS, etc and even Amazon sends me emails about train stuff (amazon.com and amazon.co.jp).

1 minute ago, chadbag said:

There are a couple of pre-order (new or restocked stuff) from Amazon.co.jp coming this week.  But they were ordered months ago.    And I have a pre-order at HS for July that was ordered months ago.   The exiting pre-orders I am keeping.  And exceptional new stuff like Kitty-chan 500 that is basically get it or weep, but I have been pretty good on the self-imposed moratorium on new orders.  It has been hard.  I get newsletters from several German dealers, HS, etc and even Amazon sends me emails about train stuff (amazon.com and amazon.co.jp).

Nice,but I meant the tour car😂😂😂

only kidding buddy.

you got some really nice stuff on the way.

I fell in love with the 500 the moment I saw it and it’s the reason I got started in this wonderful hobby but the kitty livery just does nt do it for me I m afraid and neither does the price tag😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Pauljag900 said:

you got some really nice stuff on the way.

I fell in love with the 500 the moment I saw it and it’s the reason I got started in this wonderful hobby but the kitty livery just does nt do it for me I m afraid and neither does the price tag😂😂😂

I wondered if you meant the tour car but decided it didn't 🙂

I like the liveried trains, and the Kitty one is nicely done.  But more importantly, I have a 10 year old daughter who is a Kitty-chan fan, and a wife from Japan who has been a Kitty-chan fan since she was a girl.   My daughter's birthday is in January, right when it should be showing up, so she'll get that for her birthday.  So I get to keep the man card, my daughter will love me, and we'll have a new 500 to run.  Works all around.

4 minutes ago, chadbag said:

I wondered if you meant the tour car but decided it didn't 🙂

I like the liveried trains, and the Kitty one is nicely done.  But more importantly, I have a 10 year old daughter who is a Kitty-chan fan, and a wife from Japan who has been a Kitty-chan fan since she was a girl.   My daughter's birthday is in January, right when it should be showing up, so she'll get that for her birthday.  So I get to keep the man card, my daughter will love me, and we'll have a new 500 to run.  Works all around.

It sure does buddy,and I guess if it’s your thing then it s nice to have,as you said,everyone s a winner 😀😀👍

Wanted to do part of my layout as an airport, but the range of modern aircraft in the 1:144-1:150 range was very poor, both in quality and quantity.

So I searched around and found a couple of "cheap" 😅 aircraft in 1:200-scale to see if they could work for an N-scale layout, both of which arrived today!

The first is a Boeing 737-800, seen here in the first picture. Maybe a bit small, eh?

Well, on the other hand, I also ordered a Boeing 777-300, which is a tad bit bigger, sneak peak in the second photo! 😉 More photos to come on my layout thread later this week!

20180725_171359.jpg

20180725_170725.jpg

• Like 6

Nice haul there Chadbag!  The prices are quite nice for that HB-E300, though Kato has already done those and most people will prefer the Kato ones hence the MA ones goes for cheap... The Kiha-220 is also a nice score!

Be careful though, ZenMarket is highly addictive! I am avoiding clicking on the ZenMarket tab in my favourites as much as I can ~ 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JR 500系 said:

Nice haul there Chadbag!  The prices are quite nice for that HB-E300, though Kato has already done those and most people will prefer the Kato ones hence the MA ones goes for cheap... The Kiha-220 is also a nice score!

Be careful though, ZenMarket is highly addictive! I am avoiding clicking on the ZenMarket tab in my favourites as much as I can ~ 

WRT:  HB-E300.   Yeah, before I bid (i was the only bidder) I went and researched what these and other versions (KATO) were going for (asking price at least) on Yahoo and outside of Yahoo (stores etc) before I decided to put in some sniper bids.   Hopefully the research I did was accurate 🙂   

WRT:  KiHa 220.  Yeah.   It was a good score.  It was boxless, as it was part of a broken up set, but the other broken up KiHa220 cars (both motor and trailer) that were up were 2x the price or even close to 3x the asking price IIRC.  I was going to be patient and just keep looking when I saw those.     Later a SSL set of KiHa 220 came up and I bid on that but the bidding kept going up and I just didn't worry. I set my max price as a sniper bid and see what happens.   Luckily most of these are timed to end in the middle of the night in the US so I can't be up and second guess that strategy...

I am being very careful to not peruse ZenMarket, Amazon.co.jp, HobbySearch, Modellbahn-Lippe, Modellbahn-Kramm, etc. on a regular or even semi-regular basis any more.  It got me in way too much trouble perusing them in the past.

Edited by chadbag
4 hours ago, Philphil said:

Wanted to do part of my layout as an airport, but the range of modern aircraft in the 1:144-1:150 range was very poor, both in quality and quantity.

So I searched around and found a couple of "cheap" 😅 aircraft in 1:200-scale to see if they could work for an N-scale layout, both of which arrived today!

The first is a Boeing 737-800, seen here in the first picture. Maybe a bit small, eh?

Well, on the other hand, I also ordered a Boeing 777-300, which is a tad bit bigger, sneak peak in the second photo! 😉 More photos to come on my layout thread later this week!

It depends what your goals are but I would think the smaller 1/200 aircraft should be OK as a piece of the background in a layout...   After seeing the Aircraft section of the Joshin Denki in Den-Den Town in Osaka, I too had thoughts of how to use them in a layout eventually...    They have some nice plane models.

1 hour ago, katoftw said:

Pantogragh for my Tokyu 7700. These greenmax kis are a pain in the butt. So difficult to find all the add on bits needed.

1532579085670-1312534527.jpg

So true. I waited until HS and amiami had all parts in stock before I ordered my economy JR 101 series and 201 series.

So far my least favorite greenmax kit was my prepainted kiha 23. The body and the undercarriage would NOT fit tight without the TN couplers and JC63s are not available. Had to use a JC63 variant and still had to modify the coupler and file the skirt guard wider to get it to fit.

My prepainted keikyu 600 blue sky and 103 kits were far easier to assemble. 

I just had a package arrive from Amazon.jp with RM Library #136, the issue covering the Nambu-Jukan Railway.  I just bought one of the line’s KIHA10s (in HO from another member) and wanted to learn more about the line. I’m amazed that Amazon delivered it in two days for very low cost. 

By by the way, I’ve seen it written both as “Nambu” and “Nanbu”, and “Jukan” or “Jyukan.”  Does anyone know which is closest to being correct or commonly accepted?

6 hours ago, Ken Ford said:

By by the way, I’ve seen it written both as “Nambu” and “Nanbu”, and “Jukan” or “Jyukan.”  Does anyone know which is closest to being correct or commonly accepted?

There are different ways to romanize and at different times different methods might have been more popular.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanization_of_Japanese

Edited by chadbag
  • Like 2

I had this on backorder/pre-order (for their restock) for many months.  FInally came today.  I already had the two add-on sets, so now I have my only full 16 car Shinkansen set.  I probably won't run it at full 16 cars most of the time, but wanted the ability to have at least 1 🙂    Next longest is a 12 car W7 Shinkansen and an 11 car E231 Yamanote line.

175zW4WTT5+6mX6p40GoAQ.jpg

• Like 5

I wandered into the Tomix shop in Omiya this afternoon, as one does when one is free and footloose with a day off and a Kanto area free pass, vaguely hoping they might have some scenic bits on sale, which they sometimes do, and they did (albeit nothing much useful), but what's this? Some actual rolling stock on sale? Fine, but Railsquid has decreed future Japanese stock must (with certain tightly defined exceptions) be something which runs or has run on the Chuo Line or the Musashino Line, mainly because storage space is starting to become an issue, anyway a few minute's work with the smartphone revealed that yes, this EF65-500 F series in a JRF livery did in fact work the Musashino Line and at 3,000 yen + tax, well it would have been rude not to.

43672727931_78cd8495e7_z.jpg
Tomix EF65-500 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

43672740671_c26cdfe1e1_z.jpg

Tomix EF65-500 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Any excuse 👍👍😂😀But I can see why,very nice👍😀

Edited by Pauljag900
  • Like 2

Last purchase from AmiAmi. TS807 bogies for my Tokyu 7700.  And it is the final part I need to build it.  Only had the economy set since November 2017. haha

1532731516233-721273875.jpg

Edited by katoftw
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, katoftw said:

Last purchase from AmiAmi. TS807 bogies for my Tokyu 7700.

1532731516233-721273875.jpg

But do you have your power unit yet? Is this an unpainted kit?

2 hours ago, katoftw said:

Last purchase from AmiAmi. TS807 bogies for my Tokyu 7700.  And it is the final part I need to build it.  Only had the economy set since November 2017. haha

What are the kits like to make? Hard? Fun? Would it be similar to taking a kato loco completely apart and re-assembling it? Just looking for a frame of reference. I understand these kit trains are no cheaper than buying them made up, right? You do it just for fun?

1 hour ago, Ultratram said:

But do you have your power unit yet? Is this an unpainted kit?

Got power unit.

Yes economy kit so unpainted.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gavino200 said:

What are the kits like to make? Hard? Fun? Would it be similar to taking a kato loco completely apart and re-assembling it? Just looking for a frame of reference. I understand these kit trains are no cheaper than buying them made up, right? You do it just for fun?

Depends on you definition of fun. haha

Yeah similar to your loco example.

These are cheaper than buying a completed model.

I'd prefer to pay an extra 3k-5k yen to have a completed model. But the 7700 isnt available elsewhere. Tomytec do a hard to find 2 car  Tokyu railway shop version which still needs to be butchered to make a 3 car 7700 or 4 car 7000 set.

Edited by katoftw
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, gavino200 said:

I think it's mostly about if you enjoy assembling models and painting for the economy kits. Price wise the kit should be under $100 USD for even a six car kit. Also another motivator is if you want to have a certain train set that is sold out or not made. One of my recent kit I got was a 201 series so I can make a chuo line set. A harder find at the moment.

Sometimes I wish I had better access to all the other upgrade parts and kits. I am blown away by some of the things I've seen people do in RM model magazines. Not sure if I have the time to fold little PE kits though!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Ultratram said:

I think it's mostly about if you enjoy assembling models and painting for the economy kits. Price wise the kit should be under $100 USD for even a six car kit. Also another motivator is if you want to have a certain train set that is sold out or not made. One of my recent kit I got was a 201 series so I can make a chuo line set. A harder find at the moment.

Sometimes I wish I had better access to all the other upgrade parts and kits. I am blown away by some of the things I've seen people do in RM model magazines. Not sure if I have the time to fold little PE kits though!

Oh, that is cheap. I didn't realize they were also unpainted. I'm actually starting to experiment with airbrush, and am looking for projects. I might pick one up. What's a PE kit?

PE is short for photo etched, usually brass. They are light weight detail sheets many require precise folding. Tedious.... very.

• Like 2

I have 2 Greenmax JR 103 Series kit sets.   Both are multi car sets (which together form a consist).  These are prepainted, and contains all the bogies, motor, pantographs, etc kits.    Not the basic kits where you have to buy all the parts separately...  I have not yet tried to assemble them.  One of these days I will get up the courage 🙂

• Haha 1