What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

22 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

Well... actually I AM trying to... some are REALLY hard to get... 

Actually it's RSP 35000yen ~ (Before tax and discount) and yes I am happy cause I am also pre-ordering it! (you know it kinda sucks to be alone haha)

Where? I only see the Rokuhan ones... 

Tomix website says 30,000

I am probably thinking the Rokuhan version. Tomix announced their version a week ago. I probably just assumed it was theirs.

• Sad 1
6 minutes ago, katoftw said:

Tomix website says 30,000

I am probably thinking the Rokuhan version. Tomix announced their version a week ago. I probably just assumed it was theirs.

My eyes must be playing tricks one me... I could have sworn I saw 35,000 yen, same as the Eva 500

Welshbloke

Add on pack B arrived:

Hopefully A and the first DD51 aren't far behind. There were no instructions or numbers in the box so I'm guessing those come with pack A?

• Like 4

From my dwindling pile of "forgot I'd bought that" stuff, an old-school Tomix 103 series set in Chuo Sobu line colour acquired for next to nothing.

42537731894_d892d58ea8_z.jpg

Tomix 103 Series Chuo-Sobu Line by Rail Squid, on Flickr

It actually turned out to be a lot better than I was expecting, in good condition with all extras present. Runs quite nicely and quietly even though it's a worm gear model. My notes indicate I deduced this was made between 1991 and 1997, though I forget how I reached that conclusion. Obviously the current Tomix HG 103s are a lot nicer, but IMHO it can hold its own against the current Kato equivalent, which still has those ridiculously deep door window surrounds.

43255732641_97bd154b16_z.jpg

Kato and Tomix comparison (old 103 series) by Rail Squid, on Flickr

It will make a nice detailing/improvement project one day, methinks.

• Like 6
19 hours ago, Welshbloke said:

Hopefully A and the first DD51 aren't far behind. There were no instructions or numbers in the box so I'm guessing those come with pack A?

Interesting you have posted this set... you just reinforced my temptation to pre-order the upcoming Kato re-release....   

scotspensioner
1 hour ago, JR 500系 said:

Interesting you have posted this set... you just reinforced my temptation to pre-order the upcoming Kato re-release....   

I picked up a mint condition Kato set recently.Its a beautiful train and the green livery reminds me of the earliest British Rail DMUs!

Lovely train!

Drunkenclam
On 7/7/2018 at 3:26 PM, railsquid said:

From my dwindling pile of "forgot I'd bought that" stuff, an old-school Tomix 103 series set in Chuo Sobu line colour acquired for next to nothing.

42537731894_d892d58ea8_z.jpg

Tomix 103 Series Chuo-Sobu Line by Rail Squid, on Flickr

It actually turned out to be a lot better than I was expecting, in good condition with all extras present. Runs quite nicely and quietly even though it's a worm gear model. My notes indicate I deduced this was made between 1991 and 1997, though I forget how I reached that conclusion. Obviously the current Tomix HG 103s are a lot nicer, but IMHO it can hold its own against the current Kato equivalent, which still has those ridiculously deep door window surrounds.

43255732641_97bd154b16_z.jpg

Kato and Tomix comparison (old 103 series) by Rail Squid, on Flickr

It will make a nice detailing/improvement project one day, methinks.

The wipers are different? 

Welshbloke

Think I've finally managed to get hold of the missing spring drive for an old Tomix EF64 1000 I've had hanging around for ages. Replaced the motor at the time but one of the springs bent beyond repair during removal, and it doesn't run terribly well on one bogie drive.

Oh, and the KaYa 27-500 for a Cassiopeia set. Was going to wait until after completing the Twilight Express but it was cheap and I didn't want to pay £5 post for a £1.20 pair of spring drives alone...

Well stuff finally arrived.
1828786774_train002.thumb.JPG.d43701687d3feec796c77469879dbe10.JPG

And I completely didn't realise that I ordered two GuP #4. Yeah, I think I'm going to ask Nariichi, if he can get me the parts to motorise them. Though I'm not certain if I want to do both.

• Like 6

My Tomix Percy arrived, got an £8 refund off it as it turned out that there was a buffer missing and all three of the replacement faces being missing, none of which was mentioned in the stores listing. So I'll be giving that a run round the club's test track tonight 🙂 

• Like 2

Haven't gotten that much recently.

There's a MicroAce UBE Taki 1100 calcium carbonate train

Dh1C0D0XUAE8evL.thumb.jpg.6bc6d844deb7a998bbed2c9d56834e91.jpg

Should go well with the JRF DD51 I purchased a while ago.

And a Japanese friend sent me some Hobbyland Pochi finds.

Dhudg4CXcAAsfsG.thumb.jpg.e335c9e6335f4b503a7e8cec5bb2f3b7.jpg

Tomix 485-3000 add-on set, so I can extend my Hakucho to 8 cars and a Tomix KuHaNe 581. Now I can finally run my Kitaguni in my desired formation.

My friend also threw in a (not so little?) gift which is super great. ( ˇωˇ )

• Like 11
2 hours ago, Suica said:

Be careful taking the cars in and out of the foam, there's a few bits that tend to stick, luckily most the plastic has some give but I did snap a brake wheel off. Luckily I have oodles of those lying around. I found the best way to get them out was to lift the foam up and kind of poke them out of it. Also you get a bunch of extra end of train reflectors that look way better than the all-red Tomix ones.

Edited by nah00
  • Like 2

I just ordered a Digikeijs DR5033 Booster https://www.ebay.com/itm/DIGIKEIJS-DR5033-BOOSTER-WORKS-WITH-DIGITRAX-NCE-MRC-ROCO-LENZ-ETC/252438351558?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

and

and this thing https://www.ebay.com/itm/WiFi-Adapter-Z21-XpressNet-USB/183257950404?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649. (WiFi adapter Z21 - xpressnet + usb)

on eBay.   Mainly because they had a 15% off coupon running today and I had some $82.xx in eBay Bucks that needed to be used this month before they expire.  I would have waited until the actual need was upon me for the booster but I could not find anything else on eBay that was reasonably priced that I needed and I did not want to forget and let the eBay Bucks expire.

The WiFi thing is just to experiment with.   The DR5000 command station already supports the z21 WiFi, supposedly, and I have the Digitrax LNWI for other-protocol WiFi.  I have a couple of the Roco/Fleischmann wan multimaus controllers plus some smartphone based controllers.   (Doing "research" for my own eventual iOS project)

I used the 15% off coupon as well to get some more couplers, as well as picking up a set of more detailed replacement roofs for my 50 series passenger cars.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Suica said:

My friend also threw in a (not so little?) gift which is super great. ( ˇωˇ )

That's quite a rare and interesting set! 

What a great friend you have!  🙂 He sure knows the long hours of train driving sure puts a strain on us operators!  🙂

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, railsquid said:

I'm not sure if it's possible to have too many Chuo Line 115s, this one (late-era M40 set) reduced to clear as one of the corridor diaphragms was twisted beyond repair, presumably due to MicroAce's over-zealous packaging.

From Tam Tam?

Found at a small hobby shop in the wilds of the Olympic Peninsula.  Behold the only micro reamer set I've ever seen in the US.  Now I can finally finish the running gear on the Pensy K4s I was building!  (As soon as I return to sunny California of course).  

20180713_224727.thumb.jpg.c47402425d94ea27c0485a32ecf6568e.jpg

• Like 4
17 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

Found at a small hobby shop in the wilds of the Olympic Peninsula.  Behold the only micro reamer set I've ever seen in the US.  Now I can finally finish the running gear on the Pensy K4s I was building!  (As soon as I return to sunny California of course).  

Looks like a useful toolset. I just ordered one. 

https://www.ebay.com/p/Mascot-Precision-Tools-Mpth311-Mini-Reamers-broaches-Set-079376003113/1600129741

• Haha 1

The rest of the Twilight Express arrived along with the first DD51. Hopefully next week I can order the other one and the first two packs of the Cassiopeia...

Edited by Welshbloke
fixing link!
  • Like 5