What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Today I got some mail. My delayed pakages arrived. Including cables, lighting kits, track and trains.

IMG_20180705_121732.jpg

• Like 6
Welshbloke

The first part of the Twilight Express by Tomix arrived:

I was very impressed with the little tool provided for fitting the roof details, much simpler than trying to push a pinhead-sized aerial into a hole with fingers or tweezers.

• Like 5
Welshbloke

Amazon UK Marketplace still has them. In fact the basic set has dropped by £10 since I ordered which is mildly annoying! The KaNi has directional tail lights and illuminated nameboard between them. There are also DD51s and ED79-0s for under £40 each if you're going for the full set.

Definitely looking at the Cassiopeia next, need another DD51 to finish the Twilight Express first but after that... I'm intrigued by the powered KaYa offered as an optional extra to replace one of the end cars. Maybe start with that and the first add on pack, borrow the ED79 I have on order for the Twilight to haul it until I can stretch to the rest of the set...

Pauljag900

I ve just got the ef65 locco and the basic 8 coach set which is plenty big enough for my layout 👍👍😀

Welshbloke

I can only really run the full length trains on an oval on the dining table or the elevated oval on the floor, but I still find myself buying the complete set. Not necessarily in the order the manufacturer might intend, as you've probably noticed!

• Haha 1
Pauljag900

Who cares,it’s about doing what puts a smile on your face buddy.

i run all sorts af mixed up trains😂😂

3 hours ago, Welshbloke said:

I was very impressed with the little tool provided for fitting the roof details, much simpler than trying to push a pinhead-sized aerial into a hole with fingers or tweezers.

Very nice train! What does the little tool look like?

Welshbloke
10 hours ago, gavino200 said:

Very nice train! What does the little tool look like?

It looks like a straight piece of sprue with a moulded cup on each end. A round one for one fitting and a rectangular one for the other. Comes on the same sprue as the aerials and looks like it may be common to multiple Tomix locos.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Welshbloke said:

It looks like a straight piece of sprue with a moulded cup on each end. A round one for one fitting and a rectangular one for the other. Comes on the same sprue as the aerials and looks like it may be common to multiple Tomix locos.

They are also common in some Tomix sets that require fitting of the Antenna and the Signal tube, such as the 313 series and many other commuters ~

21 hours ago, Waisneed said:

Today I got some mail. My delayed pakages arrived. Including cables, lighting kits, track and trains.

Wow... at the rate you are going, you gonna need a larger floor to run all your trains soon!  😛

10 hours ago, Ultratram said:

Just got this one in the mail to add to my keikyu collection. It was a bit pricey but it is harder to find.

Wow that's a rare bird! Only at the Kato shop in Ochiai-Minami-Nagasaki I presume? (Dang I could still remember the name of the Metro station haha)

10 hours ago, gavino200 said:

A few things for my container yard, plus some items for a future construction scene.

Being in the industry myself, I cant wait to see this completed!  🙂

• Like 1
scotspensioner
12 hours ago, Welshbloke said:

I can only really run the full length trains on an oval on the dining table or the elevated oval on the floor, but I still find myself buying the complete set. Not necessarily in the order the manufacturer might intend, as you've probably noticed!

Don't worry!  I'm using a folding dining table 6ft by 2 ft 6 but in addition to a full Twilight Express ,I've also got a Hokutusei,a Cassiopeia and a nine coach Asakaze!

I'm optimistic about someday getting a chance to make a bigger layout!

Ami dropped off a little parcel from my pre-orders...

Bus Collection 24 and case, Odakyu 4000 series, Sayonara Toei bus sets and more All Island bus series... 

And yes I got the special in the Bus collection 24 this time round! (First bus in the picture on the far left, Ahan Bus) which means i'm missing one bus, the normal Ahan bus. 

What's really strange is, isn't all bus cases supposed to hold 18 buses? (last picture) Why does mine only holds 16 (2nd last picture)  ??? 

20180706_124449.jpg

20180706_124504.jpg

20180706_124712.jpg

20180706_124757.jpg

20180706_124918.jpg

20180706_124933.jpg

20180706_125129.jpg

20180706_125218.jpg

20180706_130750.jpg

20180706_130850.jpg

20180706_130918.jpg

• Like 3

Some random purchases, a couple of Tomix E233 intermediate cars to bulk out my 3-car set, some Kato corridor diaphragms to experiment with bulking up some older stock, and some flags for my EF58 61 which came without them, but I have since discovered it hauled the Imperial Train along the Chuo Line so must have.

purchases-2018-07-06.jpg.2a580af0a046d18cf6b1ebfcd01ff99e.jpg

• Like 3
Das Steinkopf

Well my June preorder from AmiAmi arrived today and somewhat earlier than the last few months, mind you that’s because half of the order is missing as it has either been rescheduled for September release or shunted off into a mystery date preorder that still says June on it. I am rather underwhelmed with this order as it is just another example of AmiAmi declining level of customer service, in the past they were great and I was always happy with their service, now however is a different story.  

1663A3B8-9144-42D1-A90D-DAD3F3AA3763.jpeg

• Like 3
lighthouse

Get the Kato case for 1 loco and 6 wagons, finally 2 mail-cars and 2 passenger cars for the train. I collect this typ of train after seeing a photo from the Nemuro line in the later 70s.

IMG_20180706_182029.jpg

• Like 1
10 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Ami dropped off a little parcel from my pre-orders...

Bus Collection 24 and case, Odakyu 4000 series, Sayonara Toei bus sets and more All Island bus series... 

And yes I got the special in the Bus collection 24 this time round! (First bus in the picture on the far left, Ahan Bus) which means i'm missing one bus, the normal Ahan bus. 

What's really strange is, isn't all bus cases supposed to hold 18 buses? (last picture) Why does mine only holds 16 (2nd last picture)  ??? 

20180706_130850.jpg

Are you collecting one of every Tomytec bus ever made? That's hardcore!

• Haha 3

Might just have to pre-order that Hello Kitty JR-500 Shinkansen Tomix announced...... ¥30,000 isn't that bad!

3 minutes ago, Philphil said:

Might just have to pre-order that Hello Kitty JR-500 Shinkansen Tomix announced...... ¥30,000 isn't that bad!

Where? I don't see anywhere taking pre-orders yet.

5 hours ago, gavino200 said:

Are you collecting one of every Tomytec bus ever made? That's hardcore!

Well... actually I AM trying to... some are REALLY hard to get... 

9 minutes ago, Philphil said:

Actually it's RSP 35000yen ~ (Before tax and discount) and yes I am happy cause I am also pre-ordering it! (you know it kinda sucks to be alone haha)

2 minutes ago, katoftw said:

Hobby search and amiami have it

Where? I only see the Rokuhan ones... 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, katoftw said:

Hobby search and amiami have it

Are you using the Japanese language site, or something? I don't see it. Can you post a link?