What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

8 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

That is an amazingly long train!!

And I'm still 10 cars away from the documented JNR record of 54 cars with a d51!   Now to just find a kato d51 standard form too....

9 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

A few kato seko 3000s showed up today.  Got an amazing deal but 34 of them are missing the brake wheel.  I'll have to contact model train plus and see if he can order me some from the upcoming re-release.

20180624_160900.thumb.jpg.11857e92b860a198a6289951106f7686.jpg

I think you need a few more, so you can be like a cat chasing its own tail...

• Haha 1

Been awhile since I posted here.  

DHL brought this today.  Something I ordered like in February that was on a re-release schedule (and then was a few weeks later than planned).  I rode on one of these once so wanted to make sure I had this in my stable, since it fits with my loose guidelines of generally Kansai based -- this train ends at Shin-Osaka.  (Note that my guidelines are easily broken, and probably at least 1/2 my stuff is not Kansai based because it looks cool, or I wanted it).

BWBqQxFgRVqbk%lUNec2iA.jpg

gTGLFoDyTOeoqJdh6vXuxw.jpg

Edited by chadbag
  • Like 8
1 minute ago, katoftw said:

JR West train.  Fits you rules just fine.

yes, it does, as I mentioned.   (I just made the other disclaimer as I have posted plenty of things that don't fit in the past).

In fact the first N700 I ever rode was the "replacement" for this, the JR West Sakura when it first came out, and JR Central N700 were all Nozomi only, and hence not JRPass allowed.  When going south from Osaka, I prefer the JR West equivalents, as they tend to be nicer (2+2 instead of 2+3 seating for example, in reserved).

Smoltrains!

Photo_Jun_25,_11_40_20_AM.jpg.7b8864663d6c906ed6010ea427c2df15.jpg

Having to use fullsize loco to pull them because of problems with the kato motor fit 😥 (thankfully the Tomix DE10 can make it around R=117 curves, even if the resto of my locos cant)
463560117_PhotoJun2545655PM.jpg.38220d4c8061940e361aea2b14fefe71.jpg

Edited by defor
  • Like 7
5 minutes ago, chadbag said:

yes, it does, as I mentioned.   (I just made the other disclaimer as I have posted plenty of things that don't fit in the past).

In fact the first N700 I ever rode was the "replacement" for this, the JR West Sakura when it first came out, and JR Central N700 were all Nozomi only, and hence not JRPass allowed.  When going south from Osaka, I prefer the JR West equivalents, as they tend to be nicer (2+2 instead of 2+3 seating for example, in reserved).

I had noticed that also.  The N700-7000s and -8000s have much nicer sitting.  More space which is good when you have a 3yo on your lap.

Kyushu's 800s have similar seating in both reserved and non-reserved.

3 minutes ago, katoftw said:

I had noticed that also.  The N700-7000s and -8000s have much nicer sitting.  More space which is good when you have a 3yo on your lap.

Kyushu's 800s have similar seating in both reserved and non-reserved.

I've ridden the 800 only once, but it was one of my more favorite rides.  Love(d) the wood interior etc.  (My ride as a while ago so don't know how they are outfitted now).

On our trip next summer (2019 summer) I will be making special care to do lots of extra train riding.  We did a lot when my son was younger, but have lately, on the last few trips, been making less effort to seek out cool trains and train rides (though we did make the effort for the E7/W7 this last trip).  Will be repenting of that on this next one.

Today, some DioTown arrived. Also some more lighting. Now my 205 Series is fully lit too.

And an additional Power Trottle.

IMG_20180626_120524.jpg

IMG_20180626_141135.jpg

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Waisneed said:

Today, some DioTown arrived.

It will be interesting to see the consoles slowly replaced with actual buildings! Or maybe they can coexist? 

• Haha 2

Zen Market is getting on my good books with each and every order! The way they pack the items, just professional! Bubbled wrapped every single item and tag them with a tag to prevent confusion... Re-packing everything into a more fitting box with enough protection materials to save you on shipping costs! Very good indeed! This time, there was a DHL e-packet plus option that costs very little, and gets sent even faster than SAL! 

Loving the 211s more and more each time I see it! 

*P.S. Paul I will drop you a PM in a while!  🙂

20180626_133116.jpg

20180626_133226.jpg

20180626_133256.jpg

20180626_133457.jpg

20180626_133526.jpg

20180626_133619.jpg

20180626_133831.jpg

20180626_133939.jpg

20180626_134309.jpg

20180626_134346.jpg

20180626_134636.jpg

20180626_134737.jpg

20180626_134949.jpg

• Like 9
8 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Zen Market is getting on my good books with each and every order! The way they pack the items, just professional! Bubbled wrapped every single item and tag them with a tag to prevent confusion... Re-packing everything into a more fitting box with enough protection materials to save you on shipping costs! Very good indeed! This time, there was a DHL e-packet plus option that costs very little, and gets sent even faster than SAL! 

🙂

Just as Paul said, nice haul there, Sammy! 

Did you also get this notification from ZM? Apparently Japan is losing some of their DHL service, or something...?

I don't entirely understand it, probably because I'm pooped out right now. But hopefully it doesn't end with us losing DHL service completely!

Screenshot_20180627-081126.png

I got the same message from  them.  I think that the "DHL eCommerce" is a department, or service within DHL and that is what is closing -- not DHL itself.  Hopefully the replacement works as well...

Started my Twilight Express. Tomix 92459 and 92461 are on the way, will probably order 92460 and the first DD51 next week.

Slightly oddly the cases don't seem to have a space for the third loco type associated with the train, the ED79. I'll look for one after I finish the set as they're attractive little things. I notice that there are versions with single arm and scissor pantographs but I'm not sure which would be correct?

• Like 1

I ordered the Tomix Twilight Express "Sayonara" pack 98947 a few days ago. Just have to wait until it comes in the mail.

• Like 2

Is that the complete one with five locos and all the coaches? Couldn't stretch my budget that far but it looks very comprehensive! With the multiple packs I can spread the cost out, so base pack, add on pack B and a DD51 this month, then add on pack A and the second DD51 will probably be next month.

Annoyingly Tomix don't seem to sell a SuRoNe 25-500 separately to extend the train to its final form, Hobbysearch lists one from years ago but naturally it's long sold out.

12 minutes ago, Welshbloke said:

Is that the complete one with five locos and all the coaches?

Yes

Couldn't stretch my budget that far but it looks very comprehensive!

I got it for cheaper (used) than buying the separate sets new from Hobbysearch. It also has interior lighting built in to sweeten the deal.

Annoyingly Tomix don't seem to sell a SuRoNe 25-500 separately to extend the train to its final form, Hobbysearch lists one from years ago but naturally it's long sold out.

I've only seen the Twilight Express as a 10 part consist in youtube vids, the same as the Tomix individual set (92459/60/61) and the Sayonara set though? What is it missing?

1 hour ago, Welshbloke said:

Slightly oddly the cases don't seem to have a space for the third loco type associated with the train, the ED79. 

I just noticed that too. Strange. And don't you mean fourth loco, as the DD51 always ran in a pair when pulling night trains in Hokkaido?

Edited by Yavianice

Yep, fourth loco but third type (EF81, ED79, DD51). The odd part is that the B case has an extra coach space, so Tomix could easily have made that another loco slot.

I must have miscounted the cars in pack A as you do indeed end up with a ten car set after buying all of them. Apparently it ran with nine prior to 1990: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twilight_Express

Might just have a package arrive today, not that I remember what was in it...

All I know is I had to ship it out because some of the stuff was sitting in the ZM warehouse for 43 days, and once it hits 45 days, they start to charge you! 😅

• Haha 1

I bought this loco to pull the Orient Express, but I liked the little Emperor flags so much that I couldn't resist getting an imperial train to go with it. Both this and the Orient Express train have red lights at both end of the train, which I think is a bit weird but I kind of like it. I haven't added any of the details yet.

wkvMiY4.jpg

PSnJMHy.jpg

nuvQOsK.jpg

• Like 5
1 minute ago, katoftw said:

Since the consist can be pulled from either end. It makes perfect sense both ends have red lights.

Would only one set of red lights be on at a time? It's weird seeing the turned on red lights at the front of the train.