What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Just now, katoftw said:

It you have both ends on at the same time in DC operation. One end has polority error.

Ah, that makes sense. They're polarity activated. I only run in DCC. Maybe I'll get around to adding function decoders at some stage. Thanks for clearing that up!

A special package from a fellow forum member arrived today, but you wouldn't guess it based on the quality! Everything was packaged fantastically and professionally, even with a bonus amiami promotional print..

IMG_20180630_095439887.thumb.jpg.33a04f7465d758adfc762ea63f4b2c2e.jpg

What was inside? Well...

IMG_20180630_095939010.thumb.jpg.eeb61e309aac2a8dff76b78c8adb456a.jpg

A set of beautifully put together Tomix buildings, and a fantastic Tomix 92522 Yukimuri train WITH interior lighting installed! It looks and runs fantastically!

Thanks a ton to Sammy for the fantastic package! It came just in time two, as I leave for my trip to Germany for two weeks TOMORROW, so I couldn't be happier. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
16 hours ago, katoftw said:

So you on a dcc layout and the directional lights is all lit up?

Yup. It's not a big deal though. I was just curious about it. I totally forgot about DC.

10 hours ago, tt0880 said:

A special package from a fellow forum member arrived today, but you wouldn't guess it based on the quality! Everything was packaged fantastically and professionally, even with a bonus amiami promotional print..

What was inside? Well...

A set of beautifully put together Tomix buildings, and a fantastic Tomix 92522 Yukimuri train WITH interior lighting installed! It looks and runs fantastically!

Thanks a ton to Sammy for the fantastic package! It came just in time two, as I leave for my trip to Germany for two weeks TOMORROW, so I couldn't be happier. 

I knew it was JR500 who sent the package, even before I read the last line!

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, gavino200 said:

I knew it was JR500 who sent the package, even before I read the last line!

Haha how did you guessed?   😛 

14 hours ago, tt0880 said:

No worries, thank you Tim! I am glad you liked the train and the buildings!

• Like 2

Just got delivered some really beautiful Kiha-48 Resort trains... Lovely little trains that I often forget about after more and more HB-E300s Hybrid trains were introduced... Some of their paint works are really nice and impressive! 

20180630_132208.jpg

20180630_132812.jpg

20180630_140523.jpg

20180630_140527.jpg

20180630_140710.jpg

20180630_140716.jpg

• Like 4

Kinda of a bunch all at once, but here's what I got in May:may.thumb.jpg.53b73386afb5fad360ded58f78cf218f.jpg

The houses are normal Tomytec quality, the trucks are really nice printed. the Wiking excavator is a miniature marvel, i wish they'd do more construction equipment. The Kashima Rinkai GuP Kiha continues their trend of improving the printing on each, the Pz.IV 'smashing' the car effect is really nicely done. The Soyuz though molded in 7 colors unfortunately has some parts that could have been done in chrome/silver but were not which will make painting/assembly a bit more a of a challenge than I thought. I'll probably do an in-progress of this build as it's not as simple as it seems.

june.jpg.5e149741d802120fd03a7fc36b3b0913.jpg

June was pretty basic, Sekisui House containers and a Kiha40 from the HS sale and the motor unit for the KR Kiha. Crap picture doesn't do the Sekisui containers justice, they're really well done. 

113series.thumb.jpg.785eb678e263ea191940bd9e889174c7.jpg205series.jpg.546662c913c0ed3dcc459448d39e774a.jpg

And finally a pair of Yokosuka Line 113-1500s and a Yokohama Line 205 series. Given that they're older models the lights are a bit fiddly, you have to throttle the 205 up quite bit to get them suitably bright. On another note my skill at putting on car numbers and destination boards has got better, only managed to mangle one on the 205 (luckily had an extra) and none on the 4-car 113.

• Like 7
Welshbloke

Now have the complete Twilight Express on order from various Amazon Marketplace sellers, after ordering the remaining coach pack and the first DD51 this morning.

Sorely tempted by a Cassiopeia when I finish the Twilight, the DD51s and the ED79 I plan to buy could run with those coaches too...

Edited by Welshbloke
Update
  • Like 1

Got a pair of amazon orders in today:

Amazon Japan:

Bandai Powered Unit 5 to drive my B-Train Shorty DE10

Sapporo Streetcar 3300 Series 2 model kit (SnowMiku 2018 version)

Tomytec TM-TR04 for one of the 3300's

I was rather surprised, but the 3300 series is completely unpainted, unlike previous SnowMiku tram releases.

Going to have loads of fun trying to align these full-surface decals 😪

Amazon US:

Rolled 1/32" Lead to increase the weight of my B-Train rolling stock.

IMG_6624.JPG.c7a11e1fb38e2e24ea95335a7c8172b3.JPG

• Like 4
Welshbloke

The best trick I found with my Shorty DD51s was to assemble the subframe and then trial fit individual body panels while gauging how much room was behind them. You may also find some space between the inside of the subframe and the motor unit. Must get them down from the attic, they're currently parked on a couple of lengths of Kato double track for safe keeping.

• Thanks 1

It's been a little while since the last time I posted. I get so excited about new mail arriving that I rarely remember to take photos. 

After the birth of my daughter last October, this has been sort of my hobby to hide away with. In April I had the Kato M2 Master set and the full 11 car E231-500 set. Since then...

Kato V1 Passing Loop Track

Kato V2 Viaduct Track

Kato V3 Rail Yard Track

Kato V5 Inside Loop Track

Kato V7 Scissor Crossing Track

Kato V14 Double Track Inside Loop

Kato N700A Nozomi 16 Car Set

Kato 115-1000 4 Car Set

A bunch of various parts and pieces... Anyways... Since I've already taken them out of the box and set them up on a makeshift layout. Here are some visuals. Please excuse the mess.

Layout_S.JPG

115-1000-S.JPG

UsualBunch-S.JPG

• Like 13

Great fun getting some train time and larger layout going. Fun to be able to set up quicklynand play with.

congratulations on your daughter! Expect she is in dad’s lap watching trains going around! 

Jeff

• Thanks 1

Congrats Chuo. That looks a lot like my beginnings back in February. A lot has hapoened since then, and I wouodn't wonder if some of it would happen to you.too!

Have fun and enjoy!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Waisneed said:

Congrats Chuo. That looks a lot like my beginnings back in February. A lot has hapoened since then, and I wouodn't wonder if some of it would happen to you.too!

Have fun and enjoy!

Yeah, so far I just have a kato trackplan setup. It's easy enough to plan for but wow, you really have to balance the purchase of new engines with all the little pieces to build a layout. Try to get as much in one order as you can or scour ebay for used pieces.  😛

This was my first large layout and finding room for it was a little difficult. I'll only expand it from here and learn how to run multiple trains better. DCC in the future? I'm pretty techy so I have some ideas. Lighting too and a few more trains. I will try to post to this thread when they come in.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Chuo said:

UsualBunch-S.JPG

That's something you don't see everyday !  😛

Thanks for sharing! 

• Like 2
Pauljag900

Seems Gavino200 beat me to the last freight car from MTP,😂😂luckily for him I found a used one on eBay last week.😂😀👍

Also,as a bit of self indulgence I found these two jaguar sports cars for a steal!👍CE309A1A-D821-46E1-9A5F-13D3E64B8F3F.thumb.jpeg.39e3b17d9d5335beb0d9f9e477bf258c.jpeg

Edited by Pauljag900
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Pauljag900 said:

Seems Gavino200 beat me to the last freight car from MTP,😂😂luckily for him I found a used one on eBay last week.😂😀👍

Also,as a bit of self indulgence I found these two jaguar sports cars for a steal!👍

That blows. Especially, seeing that you where the one who told me about it. If you hadn't found one, I would have insisted on sending you mine.

A consolation is that your containers are already white, while I'll have to paint mine. They're green.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Pauljag900
1 minute ago, gavino200 said:

That blows. Especially, seeing that you where the one who told me about it. If you hadn't found one, I would have insisted on sending you mine.

A consolation is that your containers are already white, while I'll have to paint mine. They're green.

Ha ha,only kidding buddy👍😂😂

i would nt have told you if I had nt got one!😂😂

it was my own fault Gavin,I did nt order it till about a week after I told you.👍😀😀

• Like 2
Fenway Park

Three parcels arrived today having paid the HMRC ransom. 

Tomix EF30s from MTP and HS, compared to the Kato version, the Kato version is more shiny. The Tomix has lots of parts to add. Both look similar apart from roof details.

The Tomytec derelict factory looks good and will fit in to my industrial scene. 

The third box contained three Tomix Kiha 16/17 series cars.

Garage will be dry lined this autumn so construction can begin. 

Malcolm

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Fenway Park said:

The third box contained three Tomix Kiha 16/17 series cars.

Which version of the 16/17 did you get?  I have some of the express red and cream colors, but I've been tempted to get some of the full red ones as well.

Just ordered a Tomix Percy with post van for the grand total of £45 ($58.50/6,480yen) should hopefully be here Monday, I've got to admit, I'm pretty excited for it. Its listed as having a damaged roof, but considering when you can find them in the UK it's £82 for the newer one, as long as it looks OK and doesn't fall apart, then I don't mind. Then the only Tomix Thomas release i'll "need" is Henry and I'll have a full set 🙂 

40 minutes ago, TimWay4 said:

Just ordered a Tomix Percy with post van for the grand total of £45 ($58.50/6,480yen) should hopefully be here Monday, I've got to admit, I'm pretty excited for it. Its listed as having a damaged roof, but considering when you can find them in the UK it's £82 for the newer one, as long as it looks OK and doesn't fall apart, then I don't mind. Then the only Tomix Thomas release i'll "need" is Henry and I'll have a full set 🙂 

Do you mean this set?

A starter set with controller and tracks is also on sale

Too bad Henry is out of stock …  😞