What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

AllScales

Ordered a pair of HOKI 800 ballast wagons for the PW train. Hoping that they might slide in under the VAT amount...

• Like 1
Claude_Dreyfus

A couple of buses joined 'ooh, that looks nice' collection. Having been stung by customs for these, they are probably the most expensive Tomytec buses in the world (including VAT + robbery/handling change).

They look really nice though.

DSC_0013.JPG

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
JR 500系
7 hours ago, Claude_Dreyfus said:

A couple of buses joined 'ooh, that looks nice' collection. Having been stung by customs for these, they are probably the most expensive Tomytec buses in the world (including VAT + robbery/handling change).

They look really nice though.

DSC_0013.JPG

The double deckers are really beautiful eh?  I love them! 

Claude_Dreyfus

They are. I must admit, the double decker was the one that caught my attention. 

Hooray, a package! Not the Kato switches I was hoping for (as far as I know), but still, a package!

20180508_135620.jpg

Edited by Philphil
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
Fenway Park

Kato 58 and 28 series DMU cars arrived today following paying the HMRC ransom.

Lovely models which come fitted with buckeye couplers which will couple to Tomix TNs. Jumper cables to add to the cab ends and other detail parts. Older style decals/stickers are also included.

Will see how these compare to the Tomix series and hope to post photos later this week.

Malcolm

• Like 1
On 4-3-2017 at 2:51 AM, JR 500系 said:

Just got delivered 2 parcels:

Awesome old haul! What did you harvest the parts of the 783 series for? And where did you buy that AMAZING Odakyu 60000 from?

Edited by Densha
Shortened unnecessary long quote.

A couple of fun little things finally arrived:

+Microace A-8874+8875, Tobu 50090 10-car set. (Finally managed to get one, still hoping to find another one or two more.)

+Tomytec Tobu 8000 series Renewal, Sage Cream 100th anniversary. Awaiting new pantographs, wheels, and a few other things which are still in Japan. This set will be connected with the Microace set 8111F in order to make it a full 10-car to run on my N-Scale Tojo Line, since Tobu refuses to run anything other than 10-car trains on the Tojo nowadays  (as far as I know.)

+Microace A-0104, Tobu 8000-series six car set, Sage Cream color. I got this particular set to model the current paint scheme that the preserved set 8111F is in. I'll have to renumber it with what i assume will be custom decals and add a few other things like antennas and whatnot to modernize it.

+Greenmax 4478, Tobu 30000 series 4-car set.

20180508_154401.jpg

20180508_154744.jpg

• Like 5

Unfortunately, the Tomytec 8000 series is quite a bit shorter than the Microace 8000, so either I need to cut the Microace down a bit, or, more likely, I'll need to raise the Tomytec up a bit.

20180508_165336.jpg

• Like 1
JR 500系
7 hours ago, Philphil said:

Awesome old haul! What did you harvest the parts of the 783 series for? And where did you buy that AMAZING Odakyu 60000 from?

Wow you made me recall a parcel sometime back more than one year ago haha ~~  

My Huis Ten Bosch 783 series were missing a back glass, 2 pantographs, really dirty wheels and one motor... Hence it would be a great idea to cannibalise that 783 series for its parts for the HTB train set that I really like... 

The Odakyu 60000 MSE was from Yahoo Auctions... I was on a frantic search for the MSE 60000 as it was the romance car that I really like (after the VSE of course) but it was sold out everywhere... Got lucky with Hobby Link on the 4-car set and again got lucky on the 6-car set and now it's complete... love it totally!

6 hours ago, Philphil said:

A couple of fun little things finally arrived:

+Microace A-8874+8875, Tobu 50090 10-car set. (Finally managed to get one, still hoping to find another one or two more.)

+Tomytec Tobu 8000 series Renewal, Sage Cream 100th anniversary. Awaiting new pantographs, wheels, and a few other things which are still in Japan. This set will be connected with the Microace set 8111F in order to make it a full 10-car to run on my N-Scale Tojo Line, since Tobu refuses to run anything other than 10-car trains on the Tojo nowadays  (as far as I know.)

+Microace A-0104, Tobu 8000-series six car set, Sage Cream color. I got this particular set to model the current paint scheme that the preserved set 8111F is in. I'll have to renumber it with what i assume will be custom decals and add a few other things like antennas and whatnot to modernize it.

+Greenmax 4478, Tobu 30000 series 4-car set.

Zenmarket... I gotta try that sometime... 

Your Tobu dedication really deserves a salute from me!  (you wouldn't happen to be interested in a Tobu Type 50050 (Crayon Shin-chan Wrapping Train, Shin-chan Design) Six Car Formation Set  now, would you? ) 

4 hours ago, Philphil said:

Unfortunately, the Tomytec 8000 series is quite a bit shorter than the Microace 8000, so either I need to cut the Microace down a bit, or, more likely, I'll need to raise the Tomytec up a bit.

Looking back at that Tobu 8000 series... made me a little did-hearted to decide to drop Tobu... 

JR 500系

Another small parcel from Ami.... 

Long awaited Yufuin no Mori! This certainly looks and feels and runs WAY better than the MA one I have! Luckily, this is a Kiha-71 and the MA is a Kiha-72 so I guess keeping them both for now is fine... 

The 213 series is quite a pretty little train!  :) 

20180508_131703.jpg

20180508_131719.jpg

20180508_131725.jpg

20180508_131813.jpg

20180508_131840.jpg

20180508_132025.jpg

20180508_132205.jpg

• Like 2
bill937ca

First of four small parcels from HS.  

Tsugawa Semaphore Railway Signals 2

Pre-colored Railway barriers made with crossties

Tomix S99 and S158.5

IMG_6080 crop.jpg

• Like 2
On 5/8/2018 at 10:15 PM, JR 500系 said:

Zenmarket... I gotta try that sometime... 

Your Tobu dedication really deserves a salute from me!  (you wouldn't happen to be interested in a Tobu Type 50050 (Crayon Shin-chan Wrapping Train, Shin-chan Design) Six Car Formation Set  now, would you? ) 

Looking back at that Tobu 8000 series... made me a little did-hearted to decide to drop Tobu... 

If you do try Zenmarket, you'll save a fortune on shipping costs! With Buyee, shipping was almost always upwards of $200 for me, but with ZM and DHL, it's usually under $50, plus it's probably cheaper for you since you're closer to Japan than I am.

If you're serious about that 50050, I'd certainly consider it (is it the yellow one, or one of the other colored sets?)

On a different note, I managed to get one out of the two switches I ordered on Amazon after only 28 days........ 

But of course, I can't exactly use it as I was originally expecting to, since I had to rip a decent portion of the layout out. :blush: But maybe that's for the best since I had quite the rear-end collision, and a couple derailments the other day...

20180510_200853.jpg

20180510_200912.jpg

• Like 1
EH500 (12)

I just bought another EH500 :sad1:

But it is okay because its a first series one which I did not have yet!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
Das Steinkopf
12 minutes ago, EH500 (9) said:

After seeing your name change it was pretty obvious what you had purchased.

• Haha 1
43 minutes ago, EH500 (9) said:

Didn't happen unless there is a pic

• Haha 1

Well just for fun I put in a 9900 yen bid on a kato legends collection 381 set, and then no one else bid.  I think the seller forgot to put the part number in the title, so most searches probably missed it.  Guess I'm getting an unexpected train this month. 

889e21.jpg.5c97333b77bca10b40f81197c9fb105e.jpg

• Like 7

I like that sort of thing.  I've gotten a few on eBay where I was the only bidder and got something for much cheaper than normal when I unexpectedly won...  Most of the time I was not planning winning and was surprised.

Good job!

• Like 1
Pauljag900

Do nt ya just love it when that happens👍👍😀

i never bid on eBay in advance,I set a price that I m willing to pay and if it goes beyond then I leave it alone,if it does nt I bid my maximum bid with 8 seconds to go,some you win some you lose,but I did get a Bachman tram for less than £10 a few weeks ago.

nor sure if it s good practice to do it this way but works for me.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Pauljag900 said:

Do nt ya just love it when that happens👍👍😀

i never bid on eBay in advance,I set a price that I m willing to pay and if it goes beyond then I leave it alone,if it does nt I bid my maximum bid with 8 seconds to go,some you win some you lose,but I did get a Bachman tram for less than £10 a few weeks ago.

nor sure if it s good practice to do it this way but works for me.

I have a couple strategies.   If it is something I'd take at a good price, I'll bid my max price and let it be.   If I win I win, if I don't I don't.  

If it is something I really want, I'll bid a max that is under what I am willing to pay.   Often much under.  No use driving the bidding up early.   Then, with a bid already in the system, they remind me when it is about to end and I will try and snipe like Paul mentioned in the last 15 or so seconds, where I will enter my max bid.   The idea with the early bid is two-fold:  get in the system so it reminds me when it is ending, etc. and I don't make it very high so as not to drive up the price early (at least to not drive it up because of MY bid).

• Like 1
Pauljag900
5 minutes ago, chadbag said:

I have a couple strategies.   If it is something I'd take at a good price, I'll bid my max price and let it be.   If I win I win, if I don't I don't.  

If it is something I really want, I'll bid a max that is under what I am willing to pay.   Often much under.  No use driving the bidding up early.   Then, with a bid already in the system, they remind me when it is about to end and I will try and snipe like Paul mentioned in the last 15 or so seconds, where I will enter my max bid.   The idea with the early bid is two-fold:  get in the system so it reminds me when it is ending, etc. and I don't make it very high so as not to drive up the price early (at least to not drive it up because of MY bid).

At the end of the day anything second hand is worth what it’s worth to the person buying it,but I found I was just competing against others and ended up paying nearly as much for things as they were new,purely because I did nt want someone to beat me!ha ha😂😂 Do nt know about you but it can be a bit of an adrenaline rush! Ha ha,

jeez,I m so easily pleased ha ha

Pauljag900
11 minutes ago, chadbag said:

Yeah you need discipline on eBay to not get carried away...  It is easy to do.

Yes it is,and that’s why I do it the way I do.😂😂

EH500 (12)
4 hours ago, chadbag said:

Didn't happen unless there is a pic

Wow, how mean to doubt my EH500 crazyness!! :O :D

But you will get your picture when the post drops it off.

Meanwhile a different picture of stuff that turned up this week:

20180510_172712.thumb.jpg.7a0b62f24e92b307c131f27964a3b4cd.jpg

A few locos from Mandarake and one of the new Tomix EF81 + Tomix Koki 50000 12 car set (not pictured) from MTP. 

• Like 3