What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

I decided to learn how to do weathering and other techniques.

So below is the first item (of many ordered) which just arrived.

I will see how this goes as I havent done weathering or anything like that before.

a.jpg.cd2f36a23e5552337cae893b875a727d.jpgb.jpg.a77e4ff54b0f29b83f56e347e5c2bc70.jpg

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, nxcale said:

I will see how this goes as I havent done weathering or anything like that before.

a.jpg.cd2f36a23e5552337cae893b875a727d.jpgb.jpg.a77e4ff54b0f29b83f56e347e5c2bc70.jpg

I ve only done a little bit buddy but if I can give you one bit of advice it’s to remember that less is more👍😀do nt put too much on at once.

After all its only practice mate 👍👍

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Pauljag900 said:

I ve only done a little bit buddy but if I can give you one bit of advice it’s to remember that less is more👍😀do nt put too much on at once.

After all its only practice mate 👍👍

Thanks, I will keep it in mind!

Das Steinkopf

Well my long awaited March Pre Order from AmiAmi arrived today, it was held back due to the late release of some items which ultimately got removed and shifted into my April pre order. This is somewhat in stark contrast to last year, I didn’t have a pre order for April back then as I was going to be in Japan on holidays. However items I had in a May pre order got shifted to an earlier release date and I had to get them delivered to my hotel room in Tokyo. Sadly no Koki’s or containers in this order, but when you can’t have either of those there is always Taki’s.

F7C29765-9608-45D8-98EA-681ABA8E0277.jpeg

I also got a delivery from MTP, this time something different with a pair of EF65-2000’s. These locos were totally off my radar as I had concentrated on mainly Chuo Honsen stock, but since I will probably be going for a more generic layout in JR Tokai territory I couldn’t resist adding a little more variety to my JRF fleet. I also picked up a batch of TN’s that I will be using on my soon to be expanded fleet of Tomix Taki 1000’s.

9762BA82-63CE-4D6A-A990-6215E3699C47.jpeg

Edited by Das Steinkopf
  • Like 7

Thanks to Yavianice, who got it for me at the Dordmund messe, I now have an E3 in my collection.

A real colorful one too, very pleased with it.

IMG_20180424_003413.jpg

• Like 8
18 minutes ago, oenckie said:

Thanks to Yavianice, who got it for me at the Dordmund messe, I now have an E3 in my collection.

Enjoy, Oenckie! 

• Like 1

Placed an order with Amazon Japan on Friday night, and first part of the order was already in DHL's hands by 1am yesterday.

Received package today, 38 hours 22 minutes later! I am IMPRESSED!

Anyway, this is the majority of my order- two lefthand crossovers, and 3 more left turnouts are on backorder, although they're marked as "shipped" with no information.

With this, I should be able to build the first version of the track for the layout I've been obsessing over for the last few weeks.

Very excited!

large.IMG_5991.jpg.7085b382bdbbeba2690e70d1af24444c.jpg

• Like 10
8 hours ago, oenckie said:

IMG_20180424_003413.jpg

Congrats.  I like the look of that one. 

That is the KATO 10-937 right?   I made a deal with a guy in HK for one that should be here this week.  Very nice.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, chadbag said:

Congrats.  I like the look of that one. 

That is the KATO 10-937 right?   I made a deal with a guy in HK for one that should be here this week.  Very nice.  

This is one of the very first trains I bought,it’s a real smooth runner and looks beautifull running on the layout with that paint job👍😀

unfortunately,on mine,there s two springs,one on each side of the motor that connect from the copper strip on the chasis to the motor and they keep falling out and I can t get new ones so I ve just ordered some electrically conductive wire glue to see if that will hold them in place.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Pauljag900 said:

This is one of the very first trains I bought,it’s a real smooth runner and looks beautifull running on the layout with that paint job👍😀

unfortunately,on mine,there s two springs,one on each side of the motor that connect from the copper strip on the chasis to the motor and they keep falling out and I can t get new ones so I ve just ordered some electrically conductive wire glue to see if that will hold them in place.

You can't get replacement parts? It's pretty much the same train as the regular E3, so it probably shares the same replacement parts.

1 hour ago, Yavianice said:

You can't get replacement parts? It's pretty much the same train as the regular E3, so it probably shares the same replacement parts.

Well I could nt get them last time I tried mate,but to be honest I managed to get it going for a while but now they ve become really loose,I ll try this conductive glue and see what happens if no luck I ll try and source a complete chasis

Edited by Pauljag900

Just finished the written part of my apprenticeship exam today.

Although Iam not 100% sure that I have passed this, I bought some locos from Mandarake, which I had my eyes on, as a reward.

Edited by EH500 (8)
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Another one from my "bought it cheap and forgot about it collection", a Kato kiha 110, absolutely nothing wrong with it, I just totally forgot about it.

39890700270_94d2efa431_z.jpg

Kato kiha 110 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

The lot number indicates it's from 1996, which is kind of nice as the first time I ever encountered one of these was in 1997.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
40 minutes ago, railsquid said:

Another one from my "bought it cheap and forgot about it collection", a Kato kiha 110, absolutely nothing wrong with it, I just totally forgot about it.

39890700270_94d2efa431_z.jpg

Kato kiha 110 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

The lot number indicates it's from 1996, which is kind of nice as the first time I ever encountered one of these was in 1997.

Wow, that's a pretty good model if it's from '96! That trackwork isn't bad, either!

On 4/23/2018 at 4:11 AM, nxcale said:

On the model you weather, you'll probably have to spray the shell, or underframe, or whatever part you're planning to weather with either a dull coat, or gloss coat of paint. That way the pastels will actually stick, instead of immediately coming off. 

• Like 1

So, um, another three packages came. I was expecting the one from Zenmarket, but not two from Amazon JP... 

It took them like 20 days to process and ship most of my order, which was a bit odd for Amazon. 

20180425_111322.jpg

• Like 2

Darn it, still no switches! Amazon sent the catenary pole separate, too, for some odd reason. (It was like $1.60 shipping :blush:)

Also had a decent-looking Tobu 30000-series set, and a Tokyo Metro 03 set come in from Z.M.

20180425_112205.jpg

20180425_112524.jpg

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Philphil said:

Wow, that's a pretty good model if it's from '96! That trackwork isn't bad, either!

Checking the packaging again, interestingly it doesn't have a lot number, just the year "1996", which is why I assume it's from then. The 1995 catalogue has a big "coming soon" page for the kiha 110, and packaging has the pale pink stripe on the sides which I think is not a recent design. So even if not from 1996, very probably from that era, and it is certainly a nice little model.

On ‎26‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 2:50 AM, Philphil said:

On the model you weather, you'll probably have to spray the shell, or underframe, or whatever part you're planning to weather with either a dull coat, or gloss coat of paint. That way the pastels will actually stick, instead of immediately coming off. 

Thanks for the tip!

So eBay had a flash 15% off when using the iOS app (probably the Android app as well) for purchasing. Expired at 1pm PDT.  I caught it a little before it expired and tried to get a quote on some used German freight cars from a guy I have bought from before, but he did not get back to me in time.  So, right before it expired, I was able to get 2x TCS decoders that were already about 12% off MSRP with free shipping for another 15% off so altogether they were about $36.50 each, which starts to make them affordable.  If I did my research right, these should help me with my KATO EF510 locomotives.

Holy cow, these are the BIGGEST pantographs I've ever seen! These can't be prototypical, or correct... Can they?

20180425_152249.jpg

Das Steinkopf
35 minutes ago, Philphil said:

Holy cow, these are the BIGGEST pantographs I've ever seen! These can't be prototypical, or correct... Can they?

20180425_152249.jpg

They look fine, have a look at PS16 that are common on Keihan Otsu-sen stock.

639DD1DC-656B-43D8-9C1C-654DBE99FB2C.jpeg

• Like 3

Couple of eBay items came yesterday, a very cheap, new Kato restaurant plus the Tomytec Bus Collection JR Bus Tohoku twin coach set.

Today the Kato Resort Shirakami (Buna) arrived with three Nine Scale World magazines from HS. Sent from Japan on April 13th, arrived U.K. April 19th, 5,944 miles in six days.

ParcelForce depot to my house, 92 miles in eight days!

180427-JNS.jpg

• Like 9
So, general question for everyone here: Has anyone noticed that there seems to be a trend with Yahoo Auctions, where there's eithers a large demand for a train, and it gets bid up pretty high, and then not too much later the same train goes for hardly anything?
It just seems like it's been really up and down recently.

That’s often also the case on eBay. It just means that one person wants to get the train no matter what, the other person just bids for their max price, and the next train the buyer that really wanted it already has them, so it stays low.
  • Like 1

So, general question for everyone here: Has anyone noticed that there seems to be a trend with Yahoo Auctions, where there's eithers a large demand for a train, and it gets bid up pretty high, and then not too much later the same train goes for hardly anything?
It just seems like it's been really up and down recently.

(I feel bad about reposting here, because I feel like Jeff will take it down, which is why i removed it in the first place, but here's my question again.)