What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

9 minutes ago, nah00 said:

Though to be honest the new Tomix ISO tank containers are really nice, I'd say even better than Popondetta because they have a much more secure base the clips on the koki and on the bottom support struts there's a small cut out so you don't have to trim a set of clips off of the koki if you you wanted to load it with three of them. 

I have a couple Tomix ones but my Koki 200 came with some (other) and I have not yet had time to try them on any KoKi.     One of the German cars I am looking at also has ISO tank containers...

97BDB50D-AB0E-433E-9BB2-E4AF0D29F16C.thumb.jpeg.0f3f341662c60f1c45f70f91b4bbdd4a.jpeg

They say anesthetic makes you do funny things,or am I just looking for an excuse for having bought this lot😂👍

Just arrived courtesy of serotta 1972 and khia66,cheers gents.

Hopefully get it all on the layout tomorrow.

Yes I have a hybrid on the layout,some german coaches which will be pulled by a Japanese locco for now until I can get one,just too nice to not have,😀👍

i ll need anaesthetic if the wife finds out!!😂😂

Edited by Pauljag900
  • Like 14
  • Haha 1

My P4 (25mm) viaduct items arrived today. Shipped April 4 so that is 14 day SAL shipping.

IMG_6026  1024 x 768.jpg

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 5
2 hours ago, Pauljag900 said:

They say anesthetic makes you do funny things,or am I just looking for an excuse for having bought this lot😂👍

Yes I have a hybrid on the layout,some german coaches which will be pulled by a Japanese locco for now until I can get one,just too nice to not have,😀👍

Those German coaches appear to be the Minitrix "short" versions.   Should be interesting to see them behind the 1:150 Japanese locos :)

Enjoy!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Pauljag900 said:

97BDB50D-AB0E-433E-9BB2-E4AF0D29F16C.thumb.jpeg.0f3f341662c60f1c45f70f91b4bbdd4a.jpeg

I like the German 80's nostalgia train!!! All you need is a restaurant car and a few 2nd class coaches. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
serotta1972

Have fun with your new trains Paul! Those freight trains are getting long and now you’re going to need a freight yard. You are also going International but I don’t think you have any British trains, hmmm.

IMG_20180419_195541110_HDR.thumb.jpg.fb9b5dca2615884ff2adc7b163301eb6.jpg

Adding on to my last pic I posted here a few days ago... I got all of the stuff in this picture for less than $100 shipped from the United States (Excluding the book and remote, of course)

I think it was a super good deal, even if the stuff isn't the newest. 

If anyone in the US is looking for cheap Japanese train stuff, there's one last bundle the seller has up... I bid $36 and got both of these :)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tomix-Greenmax-Bundle/152987651085?hash=item239ec64c0d:g:bTsAAOSwbw1aKDk9

• Like 6

Also, ordered this Pachinko Parlor set on Amazon, relatively cheap, just wanted another building to fill the layout, so I put it together...

IMG_20180419_204101831_HDR.thumb.jpg.948e5b1c5e22dbf37b691793b69efcec.jpg

Looks pretty good! But I noticed it was a bit heavier than most of my other buildings...

IMG_20180419_204134347_HDR.thumb.jpg.ae57abd845af6dc827be939e8ec58122.jpg

Well that would explain it. I had no idea this thing had lights, it wasn't in the product description or anything! Granted, it could have been on the box, but I don't read Japanese... :) 

IMG_20180419_204142803_HDR.thumb.jpg.fd2c8a77555a9c5e211b5779e5978a8e.jpg

IMG_20180419_204211600_HDR.thumb.jpg.3c263b9a3adc7a2d857ace0d728aec32.jpg

IMG_20180419_204219379_HDR.thumb.jpg.02e3837596954d7ff4ea7c12d6be0d21.jpg

It flashes these 3 colors very quickly, and I think it looks pretty cool! Was a pleasant surprise to see, because I don't really have any interior lighting on my layout... That might be a project for my next layout later in life :P 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, tt0880 said:

Also, ordered this Pachinko Parlor set on Amazon, relatively cheap, just wanted another building to fill the layout, so I put it together...

IMG_20180419_204101831_HDR.thumb.jpg.948e5b1c5e22dbf37b691793b69efcec.jpg

Looks pretty good! But I noticed it was a bit heavier than most of my other buildings...

IMG_20180419_204134347_HDR.thumb.jpg.ae57abd845af6dc827be939e8ec58122.jpg

Well that would explain it. I had no idea this thing had lights, it wasn't in the product description or anything! Granted, it could have been on the box, but I don't read Japanese... :) 

IMG_20180419_204142803_HDR.thumb.jpg.fd2c8a77555a9c5e211b5779e5978a8e.jpg

IMG_20180419_204211600_HDR.thumb.jpg.3c263b9a3adc7a2d857ace0d728aec32.jpg

IMG_20180419_204219379_HDR.thumb.jpg.02e3837596954d7ff4ea7c12d6be0d21.jpg

It flashes these 3 colors very quickly, and I think it looks pretty cool! Was a pleasant surprise to see, because I don't really have any interior lighting on my layout... That might be a project for my next layout later in life :P 

Looks really good that buddy,lighting looks really good and any layout looks completely diferent with lights on it 👍👍😀 

1 hour ago, Pauljag900 said:

Looks really good that buddy,lighting looks really good and any layout looks completely diferent with lights on it 👍👍😀 

Looks like it would look like a disco or something.

Sorry to derail the conversation for a second, but how are you all CHOOSING the shipping method from Amazon Japan to be DHL?

The only options I have are "AmazonGlobal Priority Shipping averages 3-6 days" when I grab anything that's sold by Amazon Japan G.K.

Thanks!

That amazon global priority shipping is what I choose and they in turn use Dhl for us shipping (always been that way for me in dc formthe last 15 years or so). I expect they may use other carriers in some countries.

cheers

jeff

• Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, defor said:

Sorry to derail the conversation for a second, but how are you all CHOOSING the shipping method from Amazon Japan to be DHL?

The only options I have are "AmazonGlobal Priority Shipping averages 3-6 days" when I grab anything that's sold by Amazon Japan G.K.

Thanks!

that is it!

Thanks!
About to order the bulk of unitrack for my first major layout-mad chuffed to finally start work on it, even though I'm sure I'll completely redo it once I start assembling it in real life!

• Haha 1
46 minutes ago, defor said:

Thanks!
About to order the bulk of unitrack for my first major layout-mad chuffed to finally start work on it, even though I'm sure I'll completely redo it once I start assembling it in real life!

Oh yes,but at least you re prepared😂😂👍

58 minutes ago, defor said:

Thanks!

Depending on how much of each pack of track you need, you might need to go to a different store, since Amazon JP only lets you order a max of 7 of the same thing at one time. Plus they won't let you reorder the item for awhile afterwards if you bought 7 recently on a previous order.

I don't know how long it is before they let you order the item again, but it must be a least a month or so, which kind of sucks...

Fenway Park

Tomytec  04 - 100 arrived today from HS plus power chassis.  Trailer chassis arrived earlier this year. 

Interestingly one car lacks the second bulkhead so is in effect a trailer car. Am I correct?

Edited by Fenway Park
Spelling error
  • Like 1

Finally got myself a snow Plow. It was a good price  at Amiami . I was tossing up between the Microace E10 steamer (on special)  and the plow set at 30% off, as I couldn't afford both. Also got a damaged box Greenmax drive for 1890 yen and a pair of Tomix Pantographs. The secondhand  Kato EH200 with DCC that I received recently from a friend had a broken Pantograph and the Kato product was sold out. Turns out the Tomix Panto will fit and looks nearly identical. Just had to carefully drill out the mounting holes, so the Tomix version would sit flush to the roof.

20180417_124958 (1280x768).jpg

• Like 7

Found this on Amazon.com and ordered it April 6.   Came today from China.  US$ 8.99 delivered.   

They look nice for the money.  1/150 scale. 50 painted cars. 

4E03A5DE-2CC2-4D98-8092-DC8127B75C5E.jpeg

• Like 5

They nice thing is there are a bunch that look like Porsche 911- style cars and I have a couple Fleischmann auto transports (1/160, but still) and would like to see if they fit so I have something besides 2 expensive Herpa 1/160 Porsche to pull around on them.   Also have a couple Japanese auto transport wagons.

From my pile of "whoops I bought this because it was damn cheap then put it away until I get round to fixing it" acqusitions, a Tomix Odakyu HiSE 10000 series Romance Car, which I presume I acquired as it reminds me of my student days in the 1990s when I commuted on the Odakyu line for a while, and I presume this springworm-drive model predates even that, but after a little strip down and some new traction tyres it's not too bad, except I need to repair/replace some of the pantographs.

39817584210_2a9fe17ca4_z.jpg

Tomix Odakyu HiSE 10000 Series by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Anyway it runs quite nicely, inevitably a little noisy but within acceptable bounds. Moreover the short length of the cars  means it doesn't look at all out of place on typical layout curves.

Edited by railsquid
  • Like 7

Nice work squidly. 

I wish some garage shop in japan would release a conversion kit of a maybe a flex coupler, drive shaft and worm gear to replace those damn spring worm drives. They will always growl even when tuned to the bast possible and are just bound to slowly tear themselves apart! Centripetal acceleration will rule on a spring and make it want to fly out and rub the whole enclosure! When I stripped one clubmenbers old de15s with the spring drive it was packed with finely ground bits of the gear casing, amazing amounts had been ground out of it with time. Of course the more room in there the less well it engages with the main gear thus more wear on that..l

jeff

• Like 1

Hmm, this is the first worm gear drive mechanism I've had reason to look at, apart from needing a general clean'n'degrease there was nothing particularly wrong with the mechanism; the worst issue was some sort of fibres wrapped around the motor car axles, also I'm sure one of the end car axles had some actual tatami fibre wrapped around it.

Anyway it passes my usability tests ("does it run around the layout without stalling or randomly derailing?" and "will it wake the Squidlet (who sleeps next door)?").

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I haven't purchased this yet, but I intend to...

There's a Microace set, A-0104, which is a 6-car Tobu 8000-series in "sage cream" livery, with the old shaped front up for sale for a decent price.

I was going to get the Tomytec version that models the Tobu muesum preserved set 8111F, but since this Microace set doesn't have a number already on the cars, and it does have lights, metal wheels and a motor, I might as well get this one instead, then turn it in to Tobu 8111F!

http://image1.shopserve.jp/hobbyland-pochi.net/pic-labo/a0104_ma.jpg?t=20130410165800

Edited by cteno4