What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

8 minutes ago, Pauljag900 said:

I hit the wrong button,maybe you did nt see it ha ha,in case you did I hit “sad “instead of “like,”sorry.😂😂😂good choice to start there buddy👍👍😀

Yeah I saw it! No worries though. I figured it might have been a miss. ;)

Btw. I have been following your layouts for a while now and I'm a big fan! :notworthy:

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, Chuo said:

Yeah I saw it! No worries though. I figured it might have been a miss. ;)

Btw. I have been following your layouts for a while now and I'm a big fan! :notworthy:

Wow,kind words,thank you so much👍👍😀😀😀

• Like 1

Just got back from my Osaka/Kyoto trip. Didn’t score a whole lot but did get this. Total damage about 11,000 yen.

6AXiniah.jpg

• Like 11
serotta1972

Wow, you are stronger willed than I or was there an external force helping with the restraint. :)  Welcome back, looking forward to seeing and hearing about your trip.  BTW, Sam and I are going to Crockett this Saturday.

• Like 2

Lol thanks Junior. There wasn’t a lot of time for train shopping. I wanted to buy a nankai 5000 rapit but didn’t see one at a good price. Wanted to get a few other trains I rode on during the trip but couldn’t pull the trigger mostly because I didn’t have time to do any research before hand.

Probably won’t make it this Saturday since I have other commitments. Have fun!

• Like 1
10 hours ago, ia909 said:

Can you please share any more details on the magazine please (title, publisher, edition or month and year)?

That freight guide looks awesome. Many thanks. 

Sure.

Title: 貨物列車撮影地ガイド 東日本編■特集 ED79,EH500/石北臨貨&石巻貨物/国鉄形から新型機関車へ■ブルートレイン,特急列車の撮影ガイドに最適

Publisher: Cosmic Mook

ISBN: 978-4-7747-5933-3

Year: 2014  (Maybe there is a more recent version available?)

Amazon.jp has it in stock: 

https://www.amazon.co.jp/貨物列車撮影地ガイド-東日本編―撮り鉄ナビ-COSMIC-MOOK/dp/4774759333/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1523865554&sr=1-1&keywords=COSMIC+MOOK

You might find it cheaper on yahoo auctions.

1 hour ago, Philphil said:

Oh no... Mandarake has a Shikishima for 24,000 Yen...

Go on! You know you want to! 😂👍😀

4 minutes ago, Pauljag900 said:

Go on! You know you want to! 😂👍😀

Hahaha, if I don't I'm gonna be the only one on the forum without a Shikishima!

Paul the train pusher... he gets you started with a chesp tomytec train and the next minute he has you ordering a shikishima!

jeff

• Haha 1

1C08030B-72BD-438F-9D37-C59D21F6EE16.thumb.jpeg.bbcf1ac51447d0e747bfc9163dc4bac3.jpeg

Not bought anything new for a while but as a certain forum member 😂 has influenced my intrest in freight I thought I d treat myself to some of the cheaper kokis plus a couple of mini platorms for the storage area,bit narrow but if I used normal platform I would have to lose a siding which I do nt want to do.

Just arrived from mtp,thanks Nariichi, if parcel wrapping was a sport this guy would be a gold medalist,beautifully parcelled and wrapped.

• Like 8
5 minutes ago, Philphil said:

Well I have n got one buddy,YET!

No one will think bad of you I m sure,except maybe the wife😂😂😂

Edited by Pauljag900
  • Haha 1

Got a package, it may not be the Shikishima, but it does mean I can start replacing wooden-tie track on my layout with concrete track on the subway loop, and I can start work on the subway station  (finally!)

20180416_122043.jpg

• Like 7
10 hours ago, EH500 (8) said:

Sure.

Title: 貨物列車撮影地ガイド 東日本編■特集 ED79,EH500/石北臨貨&石巻貨物/国鉄形から新型機関車へ■ブルートレイン,特急列車の撮影ガイドに最適

Publisher: Cosmic Mook

ISBN: 978-4-7747-5933-3

Year: 2014  (Maybe there is a more recent version available?)

Amazon.jp has it in stock: 

https://www.amazon.co.jp/貨物列車撮影地ガイド-東日本編―撮り鉄ナビ-COSMIC-MOOK/dp/4774759333/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1523865554&sr=1-1&keywords=COSMIC+MOOK

You might find it cheaper on yahoo auctions.

Excellent. Thank you so much!

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Pauljag900 said:

Not bought anything new for a while but as a certain forum member 😂 has influenced my intrest in freight I thought I d treat myself to some of the cheaper kokis plus a couple of mini platorms for the storage area,bit narrow but if I used normal platform I would have to lose a siding which I do nt want to do.

Just arrived from mtp,thanks Nariichi, if parcel wrapping was a sport this guy would be a gold medalist,beautifully parcelled and wrapped.

It's not the kokis that'll get you, it's the containers that'll drag you down the rabbit hole.

• Haha 4
34 minutes ago, nah00 said:

It's not the kokis that'll get you, it's the containers that'll drag you down the rabbit hole.

No truer words have been said.

I spent an hour or two trying every possible Tomix number in the range where their containers lie, seeing which ones I had, and ordering most of the rest.   (And I   was just on eBay looking at German/European flatcars with containers just now)

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Philphil said:

I don't have one, as it doesn't fit the region I'm doing, though I do have a 500 EVA...

A reason why Hobby Search doesn't do small boxes

5ad589f4bc675_train001.thumb.JPG.470753ac24a82f266cdf21f990d750c1.JPG

Just a small addition

5ad58a135d18d_train002.thumb.JPG.095f95fdf8d110ecf0420a8d8abb5f2c.JPG
Some upgrades for the Tomix set I have

I thought I goofed when I saw Boso Express on the side, but searches came back with that's what went to Kashima in Ayame service.

5ad58a4bf28bc_train006a.thumb.jpg.f12e727d5ae62c8237c88685eb9d1a45.jpg

I believe Ayame is the headboard sign by the blank one.

5ad58a50eb75c_train013a.thumb.jpg.94b98791fa7d727bc00bcf774e92289f.jpg

• Like 4

A couple of Tomix structures from HS before they disappear and are reissued in other colors at higher prices.  :)  The 4025 is already gone.

IMG_6024 1024 x 768.jpg

• Like 7
22 hours ago, chadbag said:

No truer words have been said.

I spent an hour or two trying every possible Tomix number in the range where their containers lie, seeing which ones I had, and ordering most of the rest.   (And I   was just on eBay looking at German/European flatcars with containers just now)

Just stay away from ISO tank containers...they get expensive fast. Nothing like an $8 koki with close to $40 of containers on it...

4 minutes ago, nah00 said:

Just stay away from ISO tank containers...they get expensive fast. Nothing like an $8 koki with close to $40 of containers on it...

Don't I know it...

Though to be honest the new Tomix ISO tank containers are really nice, I'd say even better than Popondetta because they have a much more secure base the clips on the koki and on the bottom support struts there's a small cut out so you don't have to trim a set of clips off of the koki if you you wanted to load it with three of them. 

Edited by nah00
  • Like 1