What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

16 hours ago, scotspensioner said:

The postman delivered a flat box which opened to reveal a somewhat battered Kato sleeve containing a book box.It was labelled 10-173 651series"Super Hitachi"

Opening the box revealed what appears to be a mint train with suitable packaging which suggests it has had very little if any use.The instructions are dated 1999!  It has full interior lighting as a standard fitting and all the decals are in place which makes me wonder if it's been a display model supplied complete by Kato.

A brief test this afternoon showed all to be in working order.

It's quite possible the previous owner detailed it, ran it a few times and put it away, I've acquired a few bargains that way. Helps that if any parts are used it's no longer seen as in "as-new" condition which reduces the price.

• Thanks 1

Been back for awhile now but got me Midosuji Line 10A, don't know how many times iv'e caught this train now but probably the most useful line in Osaka for a tourist :) I would like to get slanty face (21 series)next 

Ido.jpeg

• Like 8

My used plate track finally arrived, mostly just dusty but a few sections are very corroded and will need to be replaced.

20180222_230153.thumb.jpg.3a97b9d10be2aa0ee2033cec7ec21068.jpg

• Like 5

Latest ebay purchases to help fill the spaces.  Grandson has already populated the garage, but not sure how we will fit in the yellow one.

5a914ec7eb96c_P1240002(1024x685).thumb.jpg.25bd3b9bb2e0d2810d80f5cbd6131a2b.jpg

• Like 5

My Kato DD-16 from HS arrived, here it waits on the passing track with the Micro Ace snow plow set (I just got the two plows. was told the MA DD-16 left a bit to be desired) while the Hakucho I got from JR500 makes a stop at Mitakihara station on the mainline. 

photo (61).JPG

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, Philphil said:

An incredibly expensive week so far, and I'm ashamed to say I picked up eight packs of Microace rolling stock... Thank God it wasn't 10!

Wow. You may need a 12 step program. 

Das Steinkopf
6 minutes ago, Philphil said:

An incredibly expensive week so far, and I'm ashamed to say I picked up eight packs of Microace rolling stock... Thank God it wasn't 10!

At least you have been on an asset recycling program with disposing of your HO Scale gear, speaking of which I better start getting rid of some more stuff as my Japanese N Scale budget has been well and truly blown, not to mention my sporadic dabbling of late in OO Scale Great Western Railway stock.

52 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

Wow. You may need a 12 step program. 

Maybe another 12 sets will do the trick?

48 minutes ago, Das Steinkopf said:

At least you have been on an asset recycling program with disposing of your HO Scale gear, speaking of which I better start getting rid of some more stuff as my Japanese N Scale budget has been well and truly blown, not to mention my sporadic dabbling of late in OO Scale Great Western Railway stock.

I completely understand that! When I was a big HO guy, I always seemed to blow through my budget time after time, it just sort of happened.... Not always sure how, but it still just happened....

• Haha 4
Das Steinkopf
7 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

Or proud to be ashamed of it or ashamed to be proud of it!

jeff

Like most of us here it will be a case of six of one and half a dozen of the other.

I tend to be okay with my budget.  It is just when a overpriced MA set I have on pre-order comes up that month, that I have to spend the next month or two fixing the budget.

scotspensioner

I started off with an idea for 4 trains and some track ---that was 5 years ago.Beginning of last year it had reached 12.Current number is 26! 

In mitigation I had cataracts up till September 2016 and last year's lot included several of the big ones.

This year I hope to spend a lot less- famous last words!

Anyway I'm running out of space - to store them!

• Like 2
Das Steinkopf

My monthly entry to the wall of shame arrived today, I finally got my MicroAce 213-5000 which I have had on October/December/February preorder. I just need someone to bring out a 313-3000 Series and my contemporary Iidasen fleet is complete. Mind you I would also like a 119-5300 Series 2 car set and 119-5100 Series single car as well 119-5000 Series set E4 which was repainted into original JNR livery.

On another note just like Koki’s one can never have enough Taki’s, I will be renumbering all of them with the Tomix alternative car numbers. I have a decent fleet now with 15 Kato versions for my EH200 to haul, the Tomix vesions I have 11 soon to be 12 for a variety of my Tomix loco’s to haul.  

E32F933E-EBA4-4AFE-8E14-A85AE3CC4550.jpeg

Edited by Das Steinkopf
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, Fenway Park said:

Aoshima Housing Complex kit arrived today. Will keep me quiet for some time. 

Post some pictures of the build!  I've been wanting one but I haven't found the space to justify it yet.

6 hours ago, Fenway Park said:

Aoshima Housing Complex kit arrived today. Will keep me quiet for some time. 

Interesting.  I went and looked this up.  My MIL lived in an apartment building that looked very much like this.  (Except the water tanks on top were round).

They built some new buildings next door and tore the old ones down last year.

When you get it done, pics please (or it didn't happen)

Edited by chadbag

Postman brough a SAL box from ami ami today.  And a box I had trans-shipped by a friend who lives in Munich (but is Japan related).

First up is a Tomix Koki 106 with Yamato Containers.  I really just wanted the Yamato containers but another Koki is just fine to go with them

large.coE0TrXPQkCzdASF0GnihQ.jpg.443cc8b71c534c6aff6f87b846267535.jpglarge.5a94ab6901bb4_eZtO2uIeQKBQenUgwBoug.jpg.330a9fdec33ab4d008571b904ed4f802.jpglarge.5a94ab6f78df5_ZWSB1dt9S0GK1kJj2Giqg.jpg.be9b5e1b4fccd35273c19d4c762a012c.jpg

Then, the box from Munich had these.   These are upgrade boards for the Tomix Track Cleaning cars that allow the use of an NEM 651 DCC decoder to help control them (to avoid having to do your own wiring and solder job).  They were 11 EUR each and with double shipping to my friend in Munich and then to me from him, total shipping was just under 11 EUR for both combined.  I have 1 Tomix car and plan on getting a second.  I'll use some cheap Digitrax or whatever inexpensive 6 pin DCC decoder I can find locally. 

large.WdQu616hQYOznOBPwd1FUA.jpg.dc76835c09f54b72a7f6da8db8855e95.jpg

ETA:  I did not have the manufacturer info of the Tomix upgrade board when I bought them.  Going to the website on the instruction manual that came with, it appears that they only charge 10 EUR and while they don't list outside of Europe in their shipping, since they only except pre-payment by bank transfer (where that TransfwerWise.com should help), you can probably contact them and get a shipping cost from them, and they shouldn't charge that much based on what they charge for European delivery and what a letter package actually costs.

Edited by chadbag
  • Like 5
2 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

Some more Japanese freight and some important little do-dads. These are my first non-green/gray TaKis! 

9nem1hA.jpg

Whose KoKis are those?

• Like 1