What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

1 hour ago, gavino200 said:

I just made my fist AmiAmi purchase!

I purchased a Tomix Koki with Yamato containers from them off Rakuten.   Still waiting for it to come.  I got tired of looking at them on amazon and elsewhere.  I almost ordered it from Germany, since, while expensive, it would have been a buck or two cheaper included with other stuff from the German store, which has fixed shipping costs, than ordering it separately from Japan.  But then it sold out at DM-TOYS.DE and so I just said, screw it, and got it off Rakuten.

I wish it had been available through amazon.co.jp (for international shipment).  That would have been the easiest and cheapest.

1 hour ago, Kiha66 said:

Interesting, I didnt know the -3000 series were rebuilds.  How many parts were original to the 72 series? 

If memory serves correctly, they were originally new bodies (103-style) on 72-series chassis when rebuilt for the Senseki line, and then had their bogies and traction equipment exchanged for surplus 101 parts when moved to the Kawagoe line.

I've been meaning to get the 115 series that are actually 72 series with new bodies.

Officially 62 series, also on my list as they ran on the Minobu line which I can work into my layout/collection narrative.

• Thanks 1
56 minutes ago, chadbag said:

I purchased a Tomix Koki with Yamato containers from them off Rakuten.   Still waiting for it to come.  I got tired of looking at them on amazon and elsewhere.  I almost ordered it from Germany, since, while expensive, it would have been a buck or two cheaper included with other stuff from the German store, which has fixed shipping costs, than ordering it separately from Japan.  But then it sold out at DM-TOYS.DE and so I just said, screw it, and got it off Rakuten.

I wish it had been available through amazon.co.jp (for international shipment).  That would have been the easiest and cheapest.

I need to be smarter about my shipping. I got a box from Hobbysearch the other day with one singe packet of Tomix Koki containers in it. Eek!!

1 hour ago, chadbag said:

These were reasonably priced on amazon.com (yes. not .co.jp), shipped from Japan.  Ordered them back in January at some point and they came today.

You can never have too many containers.

It makes sense that Kato sells these in fives. I don't know what Tomix is thinking with their three packs!

Just now, gavino200 said:

I need to be smarter about my shipping. I got a box from Hobbysearch the other day with one singe packet of Tomix Koki containers in it. Eek!!

I got a package from DHL from amazon.co.jp with a single pack of Tomix Koki containers in it on Monday I think it was.  But this time the shipping was on them more or less.   It was a left over from a larger order, which they quoted shipping on as a unified shipment, and they paid the additional shipping then they broke the order up.  There is a reason amazon.co.jp is my first line place to try and find things. :)

• Like 1
Just now, gavino200 said:

It makes sense that Kato sells these in fives. I don't know what Tomix is thinking with their three packs!

So you buy two packs.  Trust me, I know.

• Haha 2

I might "accidentally" end up with three sets of Tobu 50000-series (two 00's and one 90) instead of the two I had originally planned for...

I haven't posted what I received recently because I am busy installing interior lighting in my trains before I do. But since the train I got today is already with interior lighting AND TN couplers and is in perfect working order, I might as well post it now.

Micro Ace A3391 East-I D, which I got on eBAY for 64 euro. I promise I will treat it better than what happened to its real life counterpart :-). And now it can keep my East-I Shinkansen some company (in which I still have to install interior lighting) :-)

IMG_2050.jpg

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Yavianice said:

I haven't posted what I received recently because I am busy installing interior lighting in my trains before I do. But since the train I got today is already with interior lighting AND TN couplers and is in perfect working order, I might as well post it now.

Micro Ace A3391 East-I D, which I got on eBAY for 64 euro. I promise I will treat it better than what happened to its real life counterpart :-). And now it can keep my East-I Shinkansen some company (in which I still have to install interior lighting) :-)

Good fine my friend!! i would mind having one East-i D too! Yahoo auctions are generating more expensive than what you got! 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

Interesting, I didnt know the -3000 series were rebuilds.  How many parts were original to the 72 series?  I've been meaning to get the 115 series that are actually 72 series with new bodies.

I think Tomytec did them, not sure if anyone else has. At least some of them had spoked wheels (Kato sell those as spares, not sure if the diameter is right though). Plenty of photos of them if you scroll down here: http://kokuden.net/mc53/sub.htm/sub20.html/sub20.html/sub20.htm

The final add on set for my Yamanote E231 and the storage case for my orange 103 Series arrived earlier, will give the former a run tomorrow when I rebuild the dining table layout after Sunday lunch.

Edited by Welshbloke
Correcting information
  • Thanks 1

Hi all,

Bought a lot this month.

This is starting to be an addiction...

First is an E1 Max (Kato 10-340 + 2x 10-341)

large.IMG_20180211_165233.jpg.b0f59d0136d17362e3318a533f02adcd.jpg

Next, thanks to Yavianice, an Euromed TGV (also Kato)

large.IMG_20180211_163053.jpg.d49f87952e386198eaf56f462a2f4fa0.jpg

And lastly:

An Eh10 (Kato)

An KTR1000 (Microace)

An East-i (Microace)

And a pair of ED79 (also Microace)

large.IMG_20180217_203742.jpg.c20f0ca1256043a5cc4c0964b5c1afe5.jpg

And now trying to pause the buying, hahaha.

Regards,

Marco

• Like 11

I'm looking to buy like 30 packs of those Greenmax #2178 Platfrom Doors, but haven't had much luck with finding any... Would you guys happen to know of any shop who still has them in stock? 

1 hour ago, Philphil said:

I'm looking to buy like 30 packs of those Greenmax #2178 Platfrom Doors, but haven't had much luck with finding any... Would you guys happen to know of any shop who still has them in stock? 

i think this is an older product is is being discontinued, as they have a newer product that comes pre-painted (http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10495188)

Got my full E231 out for a run. Then had to remove five cars so it would fit in the passing loop!

Have noticed a couple of little snags on this unit, a spur of plastic on one bogie which turned out to be causing a growl and one trailer bogie which wouldn't swing freely. Fixed both but this isn't what I normally expect from Kato. Anyone else had problems with theirs?

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, EF57 said:

oenckie, what’s that ktr 1000?  it sure looks great, but i can’t find it anywhere

KTR 001 would be the correct numbering I believe.
It's a (one off?) trainset belonging to the Kitakinki Tango Railway (Kyoto Tango Railway since 2015) and was used to run the "Tango  Explorer" limited Express. In 2013 it was removed from regular services and is operated only for special (chartered?) services or as a substitute for other units on the "Tango Relay".

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, EF57 said:

oenckie, what’s that ktr 1000?  it sure looks great, but i can’t find it anywhere

7 minutes ago, Gryphr said:

KTR 001 would be the correct numbering I believe.
It's a (one off?) trainset belonging to the Kitakinki Tango Railway (Kyoto Tango Railway since 2015) and was used to run the "Tango  Explorer" limited Express. In 2013 it was removed from regular services and is operated only for special (chartered?) services or as a substitute for other units on the "Tango Relay".

Hi all,

What Gryphr said is right, i made a typo in the series number. It is KTR 001 indeed.

Microace number A-2771.

Unfortunatly mine misses a part :(

One of the endunits doesnt have the white frontlighting.

Already send a question to the seller, hope he simply has it laying around.

Else I need to find an address for Microace parts, or drive the train in the same direction al te time....

Regards,

Marco

20 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

I really like the cab of the E1, it reminds me of a 747 with the long nose so high up.

Exactly my thought when I see an E1 - I have the new Tomix E1 coming, yay!

14 hours ago, oenckie said:

What Gryphr said is right, i made a typo in the series number. It is KTR 001 indeed.

Microace number A-2771.

Unfortunatly mine misses a part :(

One of the endunits doesnt have the white frontlighting.

Already send a question to the seller, hope he simply has it laying around.

Else I need to find an address for Microace parts, or drive the train in the same direction al te time....

AFAIK, Micro Ace do not sell replacement parts. I asked MTP, and Mr. Takayama confirmed it.

I hope the seller still has one! What exactly is missing?

Tomix 115-1000 series, a somewhat obscure 4-car set which ran on the Chuo Line in the late JNR era:

26489097058_295d0134d5_z.jpg

Tomix 115-1000 series by Rail Squid, on Flickr

It's possibly from 2001 or 2005 production lots, set was in mint condition, just the motor car was a bit rattly so the patent Railsquid fix was promptly applied:

39649140414_b40e213277_z.jpg

Tomix 115-1000 series by Rail Squid, on Flickr

and it runs much more nicely. I have before/after videos where the difference is quite audible, will edit and upload some time.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Yavianice said:

AFAIK, Micro Ace do not sell replacement parts. I asked MTP, and Mr. Takayama confirmed it.

I hope the seller still has one! What exactly is missing?

Hi Yavianice,

That's what I'm afraid of.

Im missing the lightreflector that takes the light of the led, and transforms this into two frontfaceing headlights :(

Difference in fronunitsMissing piece of second car

• Like 1
On 18/02/2018 at 3:23 PM, Welshbloke said:
Got my full E231 out for a run. Then had to remove five cars so it would fit in the passing loop!

They do look good at full length especially when you have 2 passing each other. Shame my platforms are only 8 cars long. 

I have that and a ten car 103 Series, both Yamanote versions. Will hopefully manage to get an E235 when they're released later this year. It should become a stock item for at least a while surely!