What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

11 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

i am getting seriously excited to see your 53 packages and all your buses mate! 

The Revalty? I'm waiting for that one too... but ever since i am selling most of my Tobu rolling stock... i might pass on this one... 

Actually, turns out not all the packages are busses, I managed to snag some JR and Keio rolling stock. But I'm still looking for a couple sets of Tobu 50000 series trains (found two at good prices, but have yet to actually purchase them) and the Tobu Skytree Train. 

And.... Maybe an Odakyu 4000 Series set to go along...

9 hours ago, Das Steinkopf said:

I am trying to figure out which one of you is worse but I have come to the conclusion you are both as bad as each other, especially since you both have the same addictions, out of curiosity do you both have a postman permanently allocated to deal with the constant stream of deliveries 😝😝😝😝😝😝

I agree with you, the buying is out of hand! Hahaha! But that's okay, I'm still selling my HO scale equipment off at about the same rate, so it's not as bad as just buying new stuff!

14 hours ago, Philphil said:

Wasn't there a flyer for some manufacturer that was planning to make the Tobu 500 Series sets in N scale?

I could have sworn I'd seen it announced before, but I can't seem to find it again. ???

I don't think I've seen any, but I'm waiting for it too, I hope Kato or Tomix will do it.

10 hours ago, Das Steinkopf said:

I am trying to figure out which one of you is worse but I have come to the conclusion you are both as bad as each other, especially since you both have the same addictions, out of curiosity do you both have a postman permanently allocated to deal with the constant stream of deliveries 😝😝😝😝😝😝

You could probably open a shipping company exclusively for this forum :P

Edited by Gryphr
1 hour ago, Philphil said:

I'm still selling my HO scale equipment off at about the same rate, so it's not as bad as just buying new stuff!

Coincidentally I've been assembling a large box of barely used OO with a view to trading it for N scale models I will actually use. Going to see what the shop has in stock on Monday, if there's anything I like the look of hopefully a deal can be struck. Will probably be British N as they very seldom have anything Japanese. I know I'd get more on ebay but after the fees and postage and so on it's not so clear cut.

But at least with ebay you get cash or money into a paypal account, which is money you can spend on anything you want.

Same with transferwise but it’s cheaper without PayPal selling fees.

I missed out on preordering the kato light units, so I ended up buying the lights for my dd16 off buyee.  Small package, so shipping was less than a week.  Meanwhile the track I ordered two weeks ago hasn't left Tokyo yet.

20180216_111520.jpg

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, Kiha66 said:

I missed out on preordering the kato light units, so I ended up buying the lights for my dd16 off buyee.  Small package, so shipping was less than a week.  Meanwhile the track I ordered two weeks ago hasn't left Tokyo yet.

20180216_111520.jpg

Does it not come with lights?

10 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

Does it not come with lights?

The locomotive is from the DD16 304 set which is equipped with two Russel plow units on either end, so the plows have headlights while the DD16 does not.  The DD16 is the same as the one available as a stand alone locomotive minus the lights and with a few winterization parts, so the assy light boards convert the locomotive so it can run realistically without the plows.  I also switched the couplers to the ones meant for the EF66 which drastically shortens the distance between he plow and the locomotive.

20171002_194432.thumb.jpg.b24489d1dbec2df2034d45d1ed8add50.jpg

20180131_195816.thumb.jpg.f31798acdf2fb7dc78063402de43c29a.jpg

old and new couplers.

Edited by Kiha66
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Kiha66 said:

The locomotive is from the DD16 304 set which is equipped with two Russel plow units on either end, so the plows have headlights while the DD16 does not.  The DD16 is the same as the one available as a stand alone locomotive minus the lights and with a few winterization parts, so the assy light boards convert the locomotive so it can run without realistically the plows.  I also switched the couplers for the ones that come with the EF66, which drastically shortens the distance between he plow and the locomotive.

20171002_194432.thumb.jpg.b24489d1dbec2df2034d45d1ed8add50.jpg

Cool. My son is really interested in this train. I wasn't too hot on the idea as we had bad luck with an HO snow blower train. I didn't want to buy a train that would be problematic. How does it run? Any problems? Derailments? Also, does it look like there's any room in there for a decoder?

The train runs beautifully, no problems at all.  The locomotive is of the older design where the motor is directly attached to the frame, but there is room in the cab to add a very small decoder.  However when running on DCC I usually just run the train on address 00.  When I take it to the club I usually just run the plows with my DD51 instead which is already converted to DCC.  They come with rapidos and replacement knuckle couplers so you can run them with any locomotive with a front coupler.  I'll take some pictures of the locomotive frame and shell later tonight so you can see how much room there is.

1 minute ago, Kiha66 said:

The train runs beautifully, no problems at all.  The locomotive is of the older design where the motor is directly attached to the frame, but there is room in the cab to add a very small decoder.  However when running on DCC I usually just run the train on address 00.  When I take it to the club I usually just run the plows with my DD51 instead which is already converted to DCC.  They come with rapidos and replacement knuckle couplers so you can run them with any locomotive with a front coupler.  I'll take some pictures of the locomotive frame and shell later tonight so you can see how much room there is.

Cool. Thanks. I need to go see if it's still on the market.

46 minutes ago, Kiha66 said:

What's the part number for the lights?

10 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

Cool. Thanks. I need to go see if it's still on the market.

Kato actually just rerelased it this last month, so its back in stock again.  The lights are kato 7013G, I ended up getting them from a seller on buyee as hobby search seems to no longer stock extra assy parts for most models if you miss the preorder.

Amiami amazon.jp Hobby search

Edited by Kiha66
2 minutes ago, Kiha66 said:

Kato actually just rerelased it this last month, so its back in stock again.

Amiami amazon.jp Hobby search

The Amiami price looks good. I've never bought anything there. Always wanted to get one of those packages with the cool Amiami flier. I'm always a bit jealous when JR500 shows pictures of his parcels. (Yes, I know that's dumb.)

Thats how they get you!  I've only ordered from them twice, but the package is always so exciting to open!  Its like Christmas with chibi characters instead of santa on the wrapping.   

1 minute ago, railsquid said:

That reminds me, must get hold of one of those Tomytec 103-3000 sets as they're "fake" 103s

Interesting, I didnt know the -3000 series were rebuilds.  How many parts were original to the 72 series?  I've been meaning to get the 115 series that are actually 72 series with new bodies.

These were reasonably priced on amazon.com (yes. not .co.jp), shipped from Japan.  Ordered them back in January at some point and they came today.

You can never have too many containers.

large.Mtsj5TDIRVSafPcgo4z6zA.jpg.59dbd61bcd7ec7510c0f077e5d5d8e62.jpg

• Like 2