What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

1 minute ago, Yavianice said:

Considering that the 6 set alone costs 21150 when it was new on HS, I’d say yes

Thanks! And WOW, they were really that much new?!

6 hours ago, Philphil said:

@tt0880 Great deal on the cars and busses!

@Suica How many cars are in that set?

Which one do you mean? The 381 Yuttari Yakumo? That's 6 cars. However, it can be prototypically arranged as a 4 car set as well.

5 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Hi Suica - what puzzles me is that does your Kuro381 already has the nickname board? Mine doesnt seem to come with it... though i have already pre-ordered the additional part for it... 

The head mark? Mine came attached.

7 hours ago, Philphil said:

Quick! Would you say that a Microace 10-car, 215-series set for 23,000 Yen is a good deal?

Sure is! one of the rare set too, grab it! 

Just now, Philphil said:

Apparently I have 53 packages that have arrived at Buyee, and four still on their way... I didn't realize I'd spent so much money... :sad7:

I track everything I purchase in an excel sheet. This way I can keep tabs on how much I spend, and what my budget is, because I tend to get carried away sometimes. Maybe, it's an idea for you too.

Just now, Yavianice said:

I track everything I purchase in an excel sheet. This way I can keep tabs on how much I spend, and what my budget is, because I tend to get carried away sometimes. Maybe, it's an idea for you too.

I like that idea! I'm going to start doing that from now on!

1 hour ago, Yavianice said:

Maybe its better not to track.  That way you don't know you are over budget and need to stop or take a break.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, chadbag said:

Maybe its better not to track.  That way you don't know you are over budget and need to stop or take a break.

Amen to this, hahaha. People at work tease me and ask how much I've spent on the hobby. I tell them I'm too horrified to ever put a number to it.

Speaking of excessive purchases, ANOTHER package came in the mail... :)

IMG_20180212_075550633.thumb.jpg.2ccfe8c8627fefc74ebb01affe4bfbb4.jpg

But it wasn't a train this time! I found this cool calendar online.

IMG_20180212_090644580.thumb.jpg.a7390e34cf78e1df67793f57d52c4633.jpg

Here's the beautiful picture for the first 2 months. It's great to bring this little bit of my interest into my workplace, as I have it hanging up at my desk at work!

IMG_20180212_090658354.thumb.jpg.84c6201e69cc980863a0ed6f9a832470.jpg

Bonus picture: I actually picked this up at a second hand shop during my trip to Japan for only 100 yen. It's such a simple little diorama (probably just from a gacha machine) but it brings me a lot of joy. I wonder how long until my work desk is covered in Japanese trains?

• Like 11

Wasn't there a flyer for some manufacturer that was planning to make the Tobu 500 Series sets in N scale?

I could have sworn I'd seen it announced before, but I can't seem to find it again. ???

On 2/14/2018 at 9:15 PM, Philphil said:

Apparently I have 53 packages that have arrived at Buyee, and four still on their way... I didn't realize I'd spent so much money... :sad7:

7 hours ago, Philphil said:

+4 Busses

On 2/14/2018 at 8:35 PM, Philphil said:

Darn you guys, I bought it! Hahaha

i am getting seriously excited to see your 53 packages and all your buses mate! 

2 hours ago, Philphil said:

Wasn't there a flyer for some manufacturer that was planning to make the Tobu 500 Series sets in N scale?

I could have sworn I'd seen it announced before, but I can't seem to find it again. ???

The Revalty? I'm waiting for that one too... but ever since i am selling most of my Tobu rolling stock... i might pass on this one... 

Das Steinkopf
On 15 February 2018 at 12:15 AM, Philphil said:

1 hour ago, JR 500系 said:

i am getting seriously excited to see your 53 packages and all your buses mate! 

I am trying to figure out which one of you is worse but I have come to the conclusion you are both as bad as each other, especially since you both have the same addictions, out of curiosity do you both have a postman permanently allocated to deal with the constant stream of deliveries 😝😝😝😝😝😝

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, EH500 said:

This just arrived although I already thought it was lost as there was no progress during shipping for nearly 3 weeks. 

Good catch! Where did you get it from?

22 minutes ago, Yavianice said:

Good catch! Where did you get it from?

Got it from Buyee, a bit expensive but you gotta have a complete collection of South Hokkaido Railway Kihas! :toothy9: