What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

6 hours ago, Suica said:

This weekend's purchases:

Kato JNR 381 series Shinano

MicroAce JR 283 series Ocean Arrow

DVwfhf7X4AAbiHu.thumb.jpg.204c32abe43be5091f7ad83e6ac2d948.jpg

is that who i think it is beside the Ocean Arrow?  :P 

i love the 283 series.... i recall reading somewhere it was modeled after a dolphin, including the 2 tone color, so how cool is that!  

6 hours ago, Suica said:

Kato JR Keiyo-line 205 series

DVwfizWW0AAKQWS.thumb.jpg.5aaad0fd2472718675d45d7a26a71180.jpg

you reminded me of a train i missed.... 

someone has been very busy on the Auctions !  

5 hours ago, Philphil said:

Wish I could! Since I'm getting them through Buyee I probably won't have them in my hand for another three weeks or so... Plus shipping will probably be like 50,000 Yen or something crazy like that, so it'll hurt for a bit. Domestic shipping makes up about half of that total cost.

i am also very interested! especially more so since they are buses and 50,000yen on buses is truly remarkable, so i hope to be able to see some pictures too! 

• Like 1

Purchased and received A LOT of interior lighting to equip all my trains with them. I lost count how many, but it's around 250+ in total. It's glorious!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Das Steinkopf
7 hours ago, nah00 said:

Are those the Ricoh ones below the Super Green Shuttle Liner ones? I thought of picking those up since I think they have different numbers from the set before. 

They are numbered 3, 5 and 8.

28 minutes ago, Yavianice said:

Purchased and received A LOT of interior lighting to equip all my trains with them. I lost count how many, but it's around 250+ in total. It's glorious!

Did you buy them in bulk?  I've been considering adding more lights but it seems to be pretty pricey to do more than one or two at a time. 

1 hour ago, Kiha66 said:

Did you buy them in bulk?  I've been considering adding more lights but it seems to be pretty pricey to do more than one or two at a time. 

Yes, through JR500, the same as in this post:

Also KATO interior lighting was on discount in Amazon. And besides that there were some packages of WIDE lighting from TORM that I purchased. I purchased enough lights to equip everything at the same time. Gives me plenty to do in the weekend.

11 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

That 381 looks amazing!  Is that the legend collection version?

That's the one.

Also, one of the packages I sent home from Japan has arrived. In it was the Greenmax Tie Tamper which I got for 5,400 Yen because it wasn't in running.

Apparently, all that was wrong with it was the motor mount had come loose. So I had the extremely complicated task of clipping it back into place to get it running again. Almost took me a whole minute.:tongue11:DV1Lg9gWAAAomtZ.thumb.jpg.60ffce56c261018299e62ceb4c0fa107.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
13 hours ago, Suica said:

That's the one.

Also, one of the packages I sent home from Japan has arrived. In it was the Greenmax Tie Tamper which I got for 5,400 Yen because it wasn't in running.

Apparently, all that was wrong with it was the motor mount had come loose. So I had the extremely complicated task of clipping it back into place to get it running again. Almost took me a whole minute.:tongue11:

5400 yen is a steal! Man that's a really good catch! 

14 hours ago, Yavianice said:

Yes, through JR500, the same as in this post:

Also KATO interior lighting was on discount in Amazon. And besides that there were some packages of WIDE lighting from TORM that I purchased. I purchased enough lights to equip everything at the same time. Gives me plenty to do in the weekend.

how are you liking the lights my friend? i love lighting up the trains... and running the trains in the dark is now so much more fun! 

And another small parcel from Ami being dropped off... this time, the 381 series Yuttari Yakumo is reporting! i finally have a 381 series, and this Yakumo has a really nice color scheme, the Kuro green car and those cute little printed decals on the side saying 'Yuttari Yakumo'... really nice train indeed! 

20180212_193733.jpg

20180212_193742.jpg

20180212_193819.jpg

20180212_193918.jpg

20180212_193932.jpg

20180212_194049.jpg

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

how are you liking the lights my friend? i love lighting up the trains... and running the trains in the dark is now so much more fun! 

It's highly addictive. Sure, the initial investment is steep, but the reward is so much better! Will post some pictures later.

3 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

And another small parcel from Ami being dropped off... this time, the 381 series Yuttari Yakumo is reporting! i finally have a 381 series, and this Yakumo has a really nice color scheme, the Kuro green car and those cute little printed decals on the side saying 'Yuttari Yakumo'... really nice train indeed! 

20180212_193819.jpg

I really wish AmiAmi would pack my purchases like they do yours. So disappointed by AmiAmi parcels with damaged sleeves!

Edited by Yavianice
16 minutes ago, Yavianice said:

It's highly addictive. Sure, the initial investment is steep, but the reward is so much better! Will post some pictures later.

i agree! i cant stop till i get all my trains fitted.... 

16 minutes ago, Yavianice said:

I really wish AmiAmi would pack my purchases like they do yours. So disappointed by AmiAmi parcels with damaged sleeves!

you mean they dont pack them like this? i thought it was their standard all along... perhaps you can use this picture to email to them... i mean, just an additional bubble wrap over the bookcase surely wont cost that much for them? 

6 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

you mean they dont pack them like this? i thought it was their standard all along... perhaps you can use this picture to email to them... i mean, just an additional bubble wrap over the bookcase surely wont cost that much for them? 

They just stack my sleeves with nothing in between them. Not even paper. Which damages them significantly. Modeltrainplus also does this, it is super annoying! I did e-mail AmiAmi. They said they will "consider it next time". But this makes me hesitant to purchase from them again. Fortunately I did have some spare sleeves lying around this time... I just don't want my sleeves to get damaged, and is it really that hard to put some of the plentyful of paper they ship it with in between the sleeves? Ugh! At least ModelTrainPlus gave me some replacement sleeves, and promised to take more care next time. Very happy with Mr. Takayama!

Edited by Yavianice
Strange, both MTP and Amiami have always wrapped my items well.  Which shipping method did you choose?

SAL. It’s not because of weight limitation they can’t put stuff in between the sleeves. A redistribution of the paper or plastic would have already been sufficient.

Last week from amazon.co.jp.  For some reason, one of the track packs [same order] was sent separately, on the same day, from the same warehouse.  Maybe their inventory system told them they were one short, so they split it off, and then sent it separately (on the same day, from the same warehouse).   One of the Tomix containers was actually from a previous order and had been delayed for some reason -- again, probably I ordered multiple and they were short 1. That one came today but was from an order from a few weeks ago.

Not shown is the Arashi music CD the wife wanted, which was my excuse to place the order :)

The track order was placed Feb 4, Japan time.   It shipped Feb 8, Japan time, from Osaka.  It was delivered to me in Utah on Feb 9, US/Utah time.

This is mostly various R and L hand switches, and some curves to go along with it.  Working on some sidings/yard type stuff [planning stages].

large.LQWAz2ByQeOlwiBbkG3IRA.jpg.0fc2e0d7704f5f0f31943494f3c94796.jpg

• Like 1

Nothing exciting, just koki106-995.  I now surprisingly need more containers, 7x 12 foot containers I have space for.

Another 12 wagon tomix case came last week in preparation.  Up to 3x cases of wagons again.

Edited by katoftw
  • Like 1

An exciting package came in the mail for me today... My first order from Model Train Plus!

large.IMG_20180213_165028372.jpg.57dd9e6fdbce7123b16f1260ddae798b.jpg

I wonder what's inside...

large.IMG_20180213_165429660_HDR.jpg.63e5272d0e32802629a5af5e33541c89.jpg

First up is a Tomytec Portram! This actually doesn't have a motor or lights, and that's because it's going to be a stationary piece on one of my T-Trak layouts. I wanted to get the most embarrassingly Japanese Tram I could find so people knew for sure it was Japan... And I think I succeeded! Both me and girlfriend think it's super cute, though... I hope my clubmates agree ;)

large.IMG_20180213_165446839_HDR.jpg.7bc118bd6b9a04b11f391186424d7517.jpg

Next is a Tomix 2229! I got a super good deal on this (even cheaper than what's on the sticker) and I was really excited to get it. I really like this style of freight train and I didn't have any like it. Pretty bare bones loco, but it runs, so I'm super happy with it. (Apologies for the horrible picture quality)

large.IMG_20180213_165513869.jpg.52f28e0d85a5f697ad884ae8a57f5b28.jpg

Some buses and some Tomytec cars! I got an AMAZING deal for the buses (like $3.50 a pop!) and these will go a long way to adding some realism to my layout.

large.IMG_20180213_165522723.jpg.8fc590094a96b60f025429449c6b74ac.jpg

And lastly, just a cute building. 

Besides the long shipping time (which was my own fault, I went for SAL) I am super satisfied with Model Trains Plus! I already have another big order to make. Oh, happy day!

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, tt0880 said:

An exciting package came in the mail for me today... My first order from Model Train Plus!

I wonder what's inside...

large.IMG_20180213_165429660_HDR.jpg.63e5272d0e32802629a5af5e33541c89.jpg

First up is a Tomytec Portram! This actually doesn't have a motor or lights, and that's because it's going to be a stationary piece on one of my T-Trak layouts. I wanted to get the most embarrassingly Japanese Tram I could find so people knew for sure it was Japan... And I think I succeeded! Both me and girlfriend think it's super cute, though... I hope my clubmates agree ;)

I have that tram too. I bought it from Nariichi last year when we visited his store. It's been an ornament for a year, but now I'm waiting for a motor to arrive. I agree. That thing just screems "Japan".

15 hours ago, Suica said:

I also received my 381 Yuttari Yakumo. 

IMG_20180213_103121.thumb.jpg.e99efa190dcd47f2eef4898149ff6b1e.jpgIMG_20180213_103119.thumb.jpg.35600d477ade967e8d746a56027ecbd3.jpg

That's an awesome looking train. But why does is look like that. Is it a power loco (EMU?) at one end and a non-powered control car at the other end? Like a German IC train with a loco at one end and a non-powered "Steuerwagen" at the other end?

18 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

That's an awesome looking train. But why does is look like that. Is it a power loco (EMU?) at one end and a non-powered control car at the other end? Like a German IC train with a loco at one end and a non-powered "Steuerwagen" at the other end?

The top picture shows the "panorama car" which is a functioning cab, with the forward seats arranged to take advantage of the view.  They were remodeled from Salo 381 (サロ381) green cars, adding the cab to what used to be an intermediate car (thus now knows as クロ381).  None of the 381 cab units are powered, that is all the intermediate cars.  An easy way to tell is look at the car number, any car that is powered will have a モ in front of the number.  Cars with cabs have ク and standard class cars have ハ.  サ means trailer (unpowered but not a cab) and ロ means first class car.  Kato sets usually come with a diagram showing the arrangement of the train, and you can use the symbols to tell you what each car is.  Notice that the motor cars are in pairs, with one of each pair having a pantograph.

381kei_v_2.jpg

Edited by Kiha66
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, Suica said:

I also received my 381 Yuttari Yakumo. 

IMG_20180213_103121.thumb.jpg.e99efa190dcd47f2eef4898149ff6b1e.jpg

Hi Suica - what puzzles me is that does your Kuro381 already has the nickname board? Mine doesnt seem to come with it... though i have already pre-ordered the additional part for it... 

Quick! Would you say that a Microace 10-car, 215-series set for 23,000 Yen is a good deal?

Considering that the 6 set alone costs 21150 when it was new on HS, I’d say yes