What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

12 hours ago, Philphil said:

Bought the full version of Anyrail for $59 (OUCH!!!) But it will be worth it to actually design my entire layout, instead of just partially designing it 50 parts at a time.

Money well spent mate,best £35 I ve spent.

its easy to use too hey?

Yes! This one was already 2 years on my wish list and finally got the Kato 10-1444 E233-6000 Yokohama line set. It arrived today! Only need to add the interior lighting.

IMG_4369.jpg

IMG_4370.jpg

Edited by Densha
Moved into this topic.
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, Suica said:

I like the 207 series more but the models seem harder to get.

Me too! but it is WAY too costly to get now... i do wish a re-release is possible... but seeing that the actual train itself is going axed soon....

Two new sets arrived from Amiami, making my current fleet even more colorful. The new Tomix Midori Express (A set) and the Huis Ten Bosch Express.

large.IMAG1600.jpg.f4a6af09d29f6e02650ec

large.IMAG1599.jpg.d7b1e43a78c0813584ea3

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

but seeing that the actual train itself is going axed soon....

Huh? They're being modernized, but I didn't read anything about them being scrapped.

So as it stands now, our best hope would be the release of one of those modernized sets. 

10 hours ago, Suica said:

Huh? They're being modernized, but I didn't read anything about them being scrapped.

So as it stands now, our best hope would be the release of one of those modernized sets. 

They are? i was just making a wild guess since they were manufactured back in 1991 for the first few consists, making them almost 27 years old.... 

i do hope Tomix will do one more release soon... i missed that 207 series which is also one of the flagship train sets in JR West region and will look good together with its commuter brothers, the 221, 223, 225, 227, 321, 323 series...

And another small parcel from Ami... now this is interesting. both this parcel and the previous one were ordered and confirmed on the same day, but they were shipped differently. the previous one was by DHL, which took only 2 days, and this one by EMS, which took 3 days. now DHL really wins in terms of speed, and sometimes cost!

Just a few more buses, and 2 interior light sets for the Shiki-Shima... the interior lights are REQUIRED to do justice to that elegant beautifully made interior of the Shiki.... 

the new Isuzu bus has a really long wheel base... making the back end of the bus shorter and the middle section much longer....  will Tomytec also make this a new practice to release box sets containing new and old liveries of the different bus companies ?

20180207_175112.jpg

20180207_175122.jpg

20180207_175219.jpg

20180207_175404.jpg

20180207_175449.jpg

20180207_175534.jpg

Edited by JR 500系
  • Like 2
On 06/02/2018 at 10:13 AM, railsquid said:

I will acquire a couple more cars from the "junk" section on my perambulations around Akihabara - an unprototypical 5 is the maximum practical for the layout and long enough that the entire set can't be taken in at a single glance.

And sorted, drew a series of blanks in Akihabara but Tenshodo in Ginza came up trumps :D

39266936595_ccd77ae1af_z.jpg
tomix-500-series-coaches by Rail Squid, on Flickr

• Like 7

I can't help thinking I'd spend rather a lot of money if I had access to the "junk" corners in Akihabara. Given I have assorted random EMU cars lacking the other vehicles to form coherent sets!

Well if you call ca. GBP 3.50 per car a "lot of money" ;)

But yeah, especially for things like this where I'm not fixated on having the latest and greatest (these are so old they don't even have pickups for lighting), lots of temptations. Though once you try and put together a full set, the "junk" stuff usually doesn't work out any cheaper than acquiring the proper set 2nd hand, and you don't get the box/case and all the other bits. Useful for spare parts, replacements and ad-hoc set expansions like this though.

Anyway while I was at Tenshodo I couldn't help noticing they appear to have acquired someone's quite extensive collection and realised it consisted mainly of a vast variety of handpainted Greenmax kits in misleadingly labelled bookcases but dig far enough down the pile and you find the odd bargain:

39457175234_8f640ac50c_z.jpg

microace-a-5330-price by Rail Squid, on Flickr

which translates into a very intact MicroAce 155 series:

40168274141_f96f8987bb_z.jpg

microace-a-5330 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

except the motor car will need a wheel cleaning and strip down and introduction to the concept of lubrication.

Edited by railsquid
  • Like 5

Oh wow. Good find! I still need to sort my MicroAce 185 Series out as it runs significantly slower than everything else. I suspect the rubber tubes they used in place of UJs may be slipping.

In my case the random EMU cars are from Kato's occasional habit of selling individual vehicles rather than box sets, so buying single cars from the junk pile would suit me fine.

And I just picked up a box containing most (possibly all, photos are not too clear) of a Kato elevated station for £30 including post. Planning to use it to double the width of my existing station, will need other parts as well but couldn't pass it up at that price. The main station building and three deck plates are definitely there, so it's worth it for those.

Edited by Welshbloke
Extension
14 hours ago, railsquid said:

Anyway while I was at Tenshodo I couldn't help noticing they appear to have acquired someone's quite extensive collection and realised it consisted mainly of a vast variety of handpainted Greenmax kits in misleadingly labelled bookcases but dig far enough down the pile and you find the odd bargain:

which translates into a very intact MicroAce 155 series:

40168274141_f96f8987bb_z.jpg

microace-a-5330 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

except the motor car will need a wheel cleaning and strip down and introduction to the concept of lubrication.

Oh excellent, I find evidence at least one has been sighted in this livery on the Chuo Line :D

http://tsurikakedensha.blogspot.jp/2014/01/blog-post_21.html

Das Steinkopf

I got a pleasant surprise today, I never expected DHL to deliver on a Sunday but they did, my long overdue January pre order from Ami Ami arrived  today. The delay was due to waiting for some Hogaraka Dou containers, but as many of you know I can never have enough Hogaraka Dou containers and don’t mind the wait.

AD32D921-9DCC-4D3E-999B-A9C0D42F3BAB.thumb.jpeg.de71b585bea044c195137abf3ed985f4.jpeg

I wish I could have maximised the space inside the box, but sadly my monthly hobby allowance only allows so much and I had already spent more than double that.

B9990745-F49F-4634-92DB-AF7289454F98.thumb.jpeg.d3bb0bed277ba51398770105856312b5.jpeg

I know some people aren’t overly happy about polystyrene being used for the insert but I don’t mind as I think it will give a decent level of protection.

E9483A29-1952-4B0F-AAB1-4C26F7F3AB21.thumb.jpeg.24886de92fb4009997c1e61657bbff82.jpeg

• Like 7

Admittedly this arrived a few weeks ago but I completely forgot to post about it, and I like it a lot. It's not a train, but it's still pretty cool...

large.walldecal.jpg.7f4f0cc62e0a8ca312fbf0d29e5699ee.jpg

Ignore my messy desk, but this is currently what's hanging above it! I love that every time I'm using the computer I can look up and, for a brief second, believe that's really a view out of my window...

• Like 8
4 minutes ago, Suica said:

This weekend's purchases:

Kato JNR 381 series Shinano

That 381 looks amazing!  Is that the legend collection version?  Now I'm feeling the urge to start browsing buyee again...

1 hour ago, gavino200 said:

Eh, pictures please!

Wish I could! Since I'm getting them through Buyee I probably won't have them in my hand for another three weeks or so... Plus shipping will probably be like 50,000 Yen or something crazy like that, so it'll hurt for a bit. Domestic shipping makes up about half of that total cost.

21 hours ago, Das Steinkopf said:

I got a pleasant surprise today, I never expected DHL to deliver on a Sunday but they did, my long overdue January pre order from Ami Ami arrived  today. The delay was due to waiting for some Hogaraka Dou containers, but as many of you know I can never have enough Hogaraka Dou containers and don’t mind the wait.

Are those the Ricoh ones below the Super Green Shuttle Liner ones? I thought of picking those up since I think they have different numbers from the set before. Wish I had waited on the rerelease of the Super Green Shuttle Liner containers, most of mine are Tomix and a slightly different size. 

Speaking of size, how does the Kato taki compare to the Tomix one?

Das Steinkopf
23 minutes ago, nah00 said:

Are those the Ricoh ones below the Super Green Shuttle Liner ones? I thought of picking those up since I think they have different numbers from the set before. Wish I had waited on the rerelease of the Super Green Shuttle Liner containers, most of mine are Tomix and a slightly different size. 

Speaking of size, how does the Kato taki compare to the Tomix one?

Yes they are Ricoh, I will have to check my list when I get home and I can verify what numbers they are as I record all my container numbers to ensure I don’t have duplicates.

With the Taki’s the sizes of both models match, both models have their pros and cons but as I had mentioned before in another thread the Tomix model is overall the best detail wise. The Kato models do have some extra decals with the consignment notes down on the right hand side that the Tomix model doesn’t have, for physical detail though the Tomix model wins hands down.