What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

1 minute ago, JR 500系 said:

Cause one can never have enough buses:

Nice haul there. The HO bus is especially cool. I wonder if it comes in N scale too.

Claude_Dreyfus

Had a notification that the E001 has been dispatched. Seeing the pictures on other threads, this is going to be incredible. Unfortunate timing however, as I also about to take delivery of an H0 Brawa DR V100.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Claude_Dreyfus said:

Had a notification that the E001 has been dispatched. Seeing the pictures on other threads, this is going to be incredible. Unfortunate timing however, as I also about to take delivery of an H0 Brawa DR V100.

Looks like a lot of TLC went into this model. Even the packaging is beautiful. 

https://www.kato-shikishima.com/report-top

World Craft ED22 plastic kit arrived today from HS.  

The chassis appears to have two tiny motors, one for each bogie, so will keep away from Feedback type controllers.

It should be capable of hauling a small freight train.

Building project for 2018.

Malcolm

8 hours ago, Claude_Dreyfus said:

I have this train on preorder from a german shop.

I hope it will arrive in early january.

3 hours ago, gavino200 said:

Looks like a lot of TLC went into this model. Even the packaging is beautiful. 

https://www.kato-shikishima.com/report-top

Agreed, worthy of a place in the display case.

• Like 2

It really does look georgeous, I almost want to buy one too, but the price :(

Anyway, took delivery of  Kato Powerpack and some Point Switches today. Loving the Powerpack so far, really smooth operation compared to the ancient ones I've been using before.

A small order from HS arrived today, I made the order for the retaining walls which I need to keep working on my layout but ended up adding a few items to it......I am weak ;)

IMG_4590.thumb.JPG.9bcc50f668fa78135cd699bb0623dbc7.JPG

• Like 4

Had a few more Kato Banking locos and other goodies arrive from Ami Ami today. Sadly the other EF63 ordered was out of stock so I need to find a buddy for the lone blue one. One minor niggle is that my original JNR spec ones carry 2 of the numbers included and the brown versions come with the same 4 numbers as the blue. I’ll have to fudge the originals a little I think so I can have 6 locos with different numbers.

Other items are some catenary for HO and made my first leap into moving buses. I wanted this older Nishitetsu livery bus but I have only found in Hobbyland Pochi for ¥3000. I’m pleased to get it with a motor and track for not much more.

23ABA2F4-7646-437D-BE86-ED11E703F9CB.jpeg

• Like 8

Picked up my box from parcel force. Once I paid their protection money. Pics to follow tomorrow as stuck on a double shift 

• Sad 1
On 21/12/2017 at 3:52 AM, Gryphr said:

It really does look georgeous, I almost want to buy one too, but the price :(

Anyway, took delivery of  Kato Powerpack and some Point Switches today. Loving the Powerpack so far, really smooth operation compared to the ancient ones I've been using before.

Did you get the new PWM power pack? Have you tried with the new Kato C11 or any other thing with a cordless motor? My C11 runs better with straight DC than with Tomix PWM.

9 hours ago, Kamome said:

Haven’t got round to fitting the details on the brown versions yet but here’s all my helpers.

Nice!

Can you show more pictures of the weathered loco?

20 hours ago, Kamome said:

Other items are some catenary for HO and made my first leap into moving buses. I wanted this older Nishitetsu livery bus but I have only found in Hobbyland Pochi for ¥3000. I’m pleased to get it with a motor and track for not much more.

Wow that's a great bargain! And welcome to the world of moving buses!

7 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

Those EF63s look great!  I'm really tempted to pick some up.  Buyee beckons again....

My first loco was an EF63 courtesy of eBay and I was impressed that it had head and tail lights. I was actually slightly disappointed that my next loco, an EF65 didn’t have tail lights. They have switches under the roof panels to allow you to turn lights on and off easily and they lack traction tyres so they run on the front or back of an EMU without issue. I have a 189, 115, 185, Kiha 82 and EF62 which i run with them. 

3 hours ago, EH500 said:

Nice!

Can you show more pictures of the weathered loco?

Thanks. I have weathered both the original JNR EF63s as all the photos of them in use showed them looking pretty shabby. In this case I used Tamiya enamel paint XF-1 Black and XF-10 Brown diluted with Tamiya enamel thinners. Using thinned enamel paint means if you go wrong, it’ll wipe off without effecting the original paintwork as long as you don’t wait too long. The only other colour I used was some Railmatch brake dust which is an orangey rust colour. I used this on the treadplates of the front which gives a slight variation in the rust and dirt deposits. I still need to do the roof once I’ve invested in an airbrush. I’ve seen examples using a khaki colour which looks very effective.

18023001-7D7C-40E2-A72E-2128F91A1ECC.jpeg

• Like 7
22 hours ago, Kamome said:

Other items are some catenary for HO...

23ABA2F4-7646-437D-BE86-ED11E703F9CB.jpeg

Nice haul. What's the HO overhead for?  :)

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 1
Just now, marknewton said:

Nice haul. What's the HO overhead for?  :)

Cheers,

Mark.

I was interested to see what these looked like for a little HO set up for my Kato EF65. I think imaginary overhead wires is passable for N gauge but after receiving these, I’m not convinced that you could get away with it in HO. I wonder whether the Marklin wires would fit as the molding is nice on these.

15 hours ago, Khaul said:

Did you get the new PWM power pack? Have you tried with the new Kato C11 or any other thing with a cordless motor? My C11 runs better with straight DC than with Tomix PWM.

It's still one of the old Kato Powerpacks, the new ones will be on sale from the 26th December I believe.

Das Steinkopf
10 hours ago, Kamome said:

I was interested to see what these looked like for a little HO set up for my Kato EF65. I think imaginary overhead wires is passable for N gauge but after receiving these, I’m not convinced that you could get away with it in HO. I wonder whether the Marklin wires would fit as the molding is nice on these.

Peco also has a range of catenary wire which are produced by Sommerfeldt, they look better than the Marklin ones and are comparable price wise if not cheaper, https://www.peco-uk.com/page.asp?id=catenary .

Edited by Das Steinkopf
10 minutes ago, Das Steinkopf said:

Peco also has a range of catenary wire which are produced by Sommerfeldt, they look better than the Marklin ones and are comparable price wise if not cheaper, https://www.peco-uk.com/page.asp?id=catenary .

Wow, that catenary looks amazing! I'm quite surprised it isn't more expensive! It's a real shame that there isn't any decent catenary wire for N-scale, or at least not any that I know of...

Das Steinkopf
26 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

Wow! Those look amazing. Do you know of anything similar for n gauge?

Sommerfeldt and Viessmann who are pretty much the industry leaders in this field both produce catenary in N Scale, the wires are 0.4mm in diameter which translates to 60mm in real life which is a bit thick but in all reality you couldn't go much smaller than that if you want something that will be durable and last, any thinner than that it would be too fragile. To be frank trying to emulate overhead wiring in N scale is more hassle than it is worth, given the general viewing distances for a layout proper scale overhead wiring would almost be invisible to the naked eye as the catenary, droppers and reporting wires would be 0.15mm in thickness, having the catenary masts situated along the line is generally more than enough to give the impression that there is overhead wiring present. 

https://www.eurorailhobbies.com/products.asp?mn=11&ca=32&sc=N

https://www.eurorailhobbies.com/products.asp?mn=24&ca=32&sc=N&offset=50

Edited by Das Steinkopf
  • Like 1

So finally got time to unpack my box. 

20171222_130556_resized_1.thumb.jpg.c527f209c3dc7181f9bfe98f9a4b6000.jpg

Special thanks to Pashina for measuring the arm length on his tomytec crossing gates. 

Now have a nicer home for my wrapped trains. 

20171223_174749_resized_1.thumb.jpg.03c17374326154348685376975337829.jpg

20171223_174815_resized_1.thumb.jpg.00af83dbd6df70249cad8e21052bda4e.jpg

Also took delivery of my first container :D 

20171223_211753_resized_1.thumb.jpg.117ccc09ae3ae7b7fdddc3083488ade7.jpg

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Drunkenclam said:

Also took delivery of my first container :D 

20171223_211753_resized_1.thumb.jpg.117ccc09ae3ae7b7fdddc3083488ade7.jpg

AH, a fellow owner of these containers!

• Like 4