What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Das Steinkopf
1 hour ago, Pauljag900 said:

Are nt we good at thinking up excuses for why we buy Trains.😂😂😂I m not quite sure why we have to justify the reason we buy toys,but it seems most of us do,me included 😂😂 maybe we can start a thread and share our excuses just so we can be prepared😂😂😂😂

they tell us we re wasting our money,but I would never dream of telling my wife that when she s just come home from the hairdressers or beauty salon!!😂😂😂

I'm not really into Shinkansen's as I much prefer freight trains and local passenger services over high speed trains, my son however has always had a love for Shinkansen's which started when I gave him a Tomica Railstar set as well as a 500 Series set when he was 7 years old. When we first went to Japan in 2015 he saw a Kato W7 6 car set in Tokyu Hands in Shibuya and said I want a proper model train, we purchased that set and about a year later I purchased the 6 car add on set for him so he could have a complete train. He has saved up his money since and purchased a V13 track pack as well as extra sections of viaduct and pylons as well as catenary masts. When we went back in April this year he purchased a Tomix E2 Asama as well as an East i which he had to borrow some money from me for, he started on collecting trains that run along the Nagano Shinkansen route and is now planning on expanding onto Joetsu Line services.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, kvp said:

That's good news, Kato made those recently. Annoyingly I can't run it with the EF81 as the speeds don't match.

The Marklin IR stuff is actually pretty fun, unfortunately they stopped using standard C Track and went over to an all plastic track system for it. The standard track was of course reusable with their track powered stock if the owner caught the train bug and wanted to expand their collection. I have the ICE-ish unit in SBB livery as it was silly cheap a few years ago.

My most recent Kato storage case arrived shortly after posting, here it is populated with assorted single units:

The other two KuMoYuNis live with the 111 and 115 Series sets.

Edited by Welshbloke
Photo added
  • Like 4

Trick question: What locomotive can you not have enough of?

CORRECT, EH500s!

EH500.thumb.jpg.eabf591b468c664daa39e4919ff04743.jpg

Picked this up dirt cheap on ebay uk two weeks ago.

It joins a fleet of three Kato EH500 3rd series, one Tomix 3rd series and one Tomix 2nd series EH500.

Now I just need to find one 1st series EH500.

I also picked up a package from HobbySearch at the customs office.

After hearing about Suicas story I was pretty nervous.

One of the two customers in front of me got his package opened and inspected and the other one got railed for importing a piece of clothing. I was already panicking internally and fearing I picked the wrong day to pick up my package.

Luckily everything went smooth. I was a bit surprised when the custom officer wrote down the TARIC code for model trains from memory. Guess Iam by far not the only one ordering model trains in my city.

HS.thumb.jpg.f3586fdd13a4ffeb140486d4d49c9e87.jpg

• Like 6

Picked up two partial Yamanote Line E231 sets, hoping to combine them along with a couple of spare cars to form a decent-looking 11-car set. Guess we'll see how it goes when they arrive!

• Like 2

I was never a huge fan of E259 Series but I always liked E253 (reminds me of a red-crowned crane) so I was able to pick up the older Kato one and an add-on set for it. Just ignore the out-of-place Shinano there, waiting on a new foam insert for it.

E253.thumb.jpg.efc09727370ee39ef8c89cb03677aeac.jpg

• Like 12
10 hours ago, EH500 said:

HS.thumb.jpg.f3586fdd13a4ffeb140486d4d49c9e87.jpg

Aahhh the Resort Asunaro! I'm sitting on the fence for this one, as I really want Kato to make it...

20 hours ago, Das Steinkopf said:

I'm not really into Shinkansen's as I much prefer freight trains and local passenger services over high speed trains, my son however has always had a love for Shinkansen's which started when I gave him a Tomica Railstar set as well as a 500 Series set when he was 7 years old. When we first went to Japan in 2015 he saw a Kato W7 6 car set in Tokyu Hands in Shibuya and said I want a proper model train, we purchased that set and about a year later I purchased the 6 car add on set for him so he could have a complete train. He has saved up his money since and purchased a V13 track pack as well as extra sections of viaduct and pylons as well as catenary masts. When we went back in April this year he purchased a Tomix E2 Asama as well as an East i which he had to borrow some money from me for, he started on collecting trains that run along the Nagano Shinkansen route and is now planning on expanding onto Joetsu Line services.

I can understand since one can never have one shinaksen set!  :) Soon he will want to go to the Tohoku route, the route that is the most colorful and fun!

3 hours ago, nah00 said:

I was never a huge fan of E259 Series but I always liked E253 (reminds me of a red-crowned crane) so I was able to pick up the older Kato one and an add-on set for it. Just ignore the out-of-place Shinano there, waiting on a new foam insert for it.

I like the 253 series too, but it was just out of place, running alongside its newer brother E259 and the others...

But I still want a 253 series.. and no one is making the Nikko set that I would really like...

Solution, I got the Snow Monkey Set instead ~~  :P  An excuse to run together with its Nagaden brother, the former HISE 10000 Romance car!

Small parcel from HS, mainly for the 'Women's only car' sticker and the Kato platform set so I can finally make the full station... Throw in a missing signal light for the station, and a really neat playground equipment so I can make a mini park (when I get to actually building the layout....)

20171212_132354.jpg

20171212_132407.jpg

20171212_132442.jpg

• Like 5
2 hours ago, medusa said:

Here arrived a storage case for my Koki:

koki-box1.thumb.png.a3ede2ad1e32fcd73a06eb97cc5a52a0.pngkoki-box2.png.ea6c02434085d3ba0f27f963d9760715.png

Best of all is, there's still room for more Koki...

I need one of those. Can you tell me the model number?

5 minutes ago, bill937ca said:

Kato Pocket Line Chicken Ramen tram from Model Train Plus.

IMG_5693   1024  x 768.jpg

What's with the bubble wrap photo? Such a tease!

• Haha 3
3 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

What's with the bubble wrap photo? Such a tease!

OK, here it is out of the package.  Kato 14-501-2.

IMG_5702  1024 x 768.jpg

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 7
5 hours ago, bill937ca said:

OK, here it is out of the package.  Kato 14-501-2.

I grabbed this one too, cute little guy and good price on this!

I was wondering, if the car can run as a single car consist, since technically the motor is in the front car?   :P

14 minutes ago, JR 500ç³» said:

I grabbed this one too, cute little guy and good price on this!

I was wondering, if the car can run as a single car consist, since technically the motor is in the front car?   :P

Yes, I did that with the green Pocket Line tram.  It scoots like a bat out of hell, so some weight would be idea for serious running.  I have completely disassembled, "scrapped" the trailer and then put it back together last year. Its like new now.

23 hours ago, gavino200 said:

I need one of those. Can you tell me the model number?

Casco YP-716. These were on sale on AmiAmi some weeks ago.

Edited by medusa
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, railsquid said:

A bit modern for my tastes, on the other hand it drags my Chuo line collection kicking and screaming into the second decade of the 21st century.

Tomix E233 Chuo Line by Rail Squid, on Flickr

(Also it was dirt cheap and I think the previous owner has added some detailing).

One of my most favorite commuter trains of all times... the Chuo line always has a special place in my heart...

1 hour ago, JR 500ç³» said:

One of my most favorite commuter trains of all times... the Chuo line always has a special place in my heart...

I still kind of miss the 201s with that late Showa look. The Squidlet does however love these as we take them a lot (default excursion route is bus to Mitaka, then either the yellow or the orange trains).

Another find from my trip yesterday, an additional car for my ghetto ex-trainset Tomix E2, happily exactly the one I needed. Not the newest model but fills an E2-like space for very little money.

25216697058_299c047b97_z.jpg

Tomix E2 Shinkansen E225 (92074) by Rail Squid, on Flickr

• Like 3

Hi all,

Got myself some nice trains this month.

First of two I bought from Sammy:

large.FB_IMG_1513192745267.jpg.fac4e25b951a94da577187b761cdb5c0.jpglarge.FB_IMG_1513192750029.jpg.a00f35ede954dd407c84634589125357.jpg

Next a cool 10100 series (Kato 10-295):

large.IMG_20171215_191350.jpg.41c4eb29bfbade034e8db35fb0fba6eb.jpglarge.IMG_20171215_191340.jpg.8dfa5cbc7abffe5eb1873f2c488c8911.jpg

And lastly an European one, being An e95 from the DRG:

large.IMG_20171202_172828.jpg.309e49049d7e10af9dda54da34c50828.jpg

A good month, if I say so myself :)

• Like 12
6 hours ago, railsquid said:

I still kind of miss the 201s with that late Showa look. The Squidlet does however love these as we take them a lot (default excursion route is bus to Mitaka, then either the yellow or the orange trains).

Another find from my trip yesterday, an additional car for my ghetto ex-trainset Tomix E2, happily exactly the one I needed. Not the newest model but fills an E2-like space for very little money.

Tomix E2 Shinkansen E225 (92074) by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Dang! That is EXACTLY the E2 Hayate carriage I needed, the one with smaller windows and that Pantograph! I got the newer Yamabiko set for my Hayate set and now it looks weird with big and small windows...

3 hours ago, oenckie said:

Hi all,

Got myself some nice trains this month.

First of two I bought from Sammy:

A good month, if I say so myself :)

Nice! Glad to see they arrived safely! I'm sure they will love their new yard master!

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, EH500 said:

I just snatched another EH500 2nd series off ebay. :toothy9:

Do you have a picture of all your EH500s together? Why do you need/want so many of them?

Don't get me wrong. They're great locos. But are you never tempted to get a 200 for a change?

Edited by gavino200
25 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

@EH500 you need a lot of Koki´s :toothy12::toothy12:

I got that covered! 

17 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

Do you have a picture of all your EH500s together? Why do you need/want so many of them?

Don't get me wrong. They're great locos. But are you never tempted to get a 200 for a change?

I can take a picture tomorrow. 

They are just awesome locos and they are used in the Aomori area. So every time I see a cheap second hand EH500 I add one to the collection.

But I think 7 of these are enough. Still have to get one 1st series one though. Last time I was in Japan I only managed to find one 2nd series EH500, even though I visited A LOT of model train shops.

I also have an EH200 but as these are mostly used in the Tokyo area and do not fit the area Iam interested in one is enough.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2