What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

On 12/1/2017 at 12:56 AM, Gryphr said:

Received a package with an Kato E5 motor unit, to swap out the motor of my E259 which was running really rough (vibrationwise) and loud. The swap succeeded, but sadly the new motor seems to have pretty much the same problem :(

Maybe a loose motor mount? My solution is in the pictures below. I but two pieces of the rubber band and wedged on both sides of the motor. Growling disappeared immediately.

large.IMG_1399.JPG.fca9aad3bb27013f6f2ff6ef871f0fe9.JPGlarge.IMG_1398.JPG.85af6d8f95926b88063765927279237e.JPG

• Like 3
1 hour ago, gavino200 said:

My first kato set with more than one bookshelf case. Decoder install, test, wrap, place under tree. 

Where did you get the decoders?  Most places seem to be sold out again.

3 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

Where did you get the decoders?  Most places seem to be sold out again.

I got them from Nariichi. But I just checked. Modeltrainstuff has 11 EM13s and 10 FL12s in stock.

53 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

I got them from Nariichi. But I just checked. Modeltrainstuff has 11 EM13s and 10 FL12s in stock.

Thanks!  Looks like plazajapan just got a restock, so I may pick up a few more. 

14 hours ago, Khaul said:

Maybe a loose motor mount? My solution is in the pictures below. I but two pieces of the rubber band and wedged on both sides of the motor. Growling disappeared immediately.

Hmm, I had to tried to get some rubber band under the motor which didn't really work. Ill try out this method when im home today, thanks for the suggestion!

23 hours ago, Khaul said:

I had to place them a bit differently since the car I have has a different mounting design, but it did get a bit quieter. There's still some noticable noise which I guess I'll have to live with but this has already helped a good bit.

I think the cars shell not being tight makes this resonate and increase the sound elevels even more, so if I can find a way to fasten it somehow it might negate some more noise...

Edited by Gryphr

HS notification received my Revolution Factory Kyushu C11 number plates have arrived. In addition, the coach stickers for a number of routes are also on their way.

World Kogei ED22 also sent. Not sure if these worked on the Iida Line but a useful old electric. 

EF30 also on its way from Nariichi. 

Good news, the builder has removed the last of his equipment from my garage.  Layout will start in 2018

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, Sascha said:

The Tobu 200 and the 8000 series from JR 500 arrived. Great Trains.

Lovely! Great to see them with a yard master that will surely take better care of them than their previous one....  :)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sascha said:

The Tobu 200 and the 8000 series from JR 500 arrived. Great Trains.
c715f4943af75bdc03ec984695da6997.jpg

I'd love to see a few more pictures of these!

On 12/4/2017 at 4:08 PM, maihama eki said:

Here is the Yamanote Line one.  This is the second version of this - green cover.  There is also a first version that has red text on the cover.  I don't have that one, so I can't say how they are different. 

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B071ZPJVRT/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks. I just ordered mine. I can't wait!!!

16 minutes ago, Yavianice said:

One of the missing packages arrived unexpectedly after 2 months in limbo! The other is still missing however...

The horror. What are they? DHL, EMS or SAL?

Edited by Suica

The one that showed up was SAL. Total transit time was a little under 3 months. The one that is missing is a domestic package with Hermes. Still nothing, after 2 weeks.

Apparently I just had a DHL package containing a trainset returned to Mandarake.

German customs ordered an inspection of my package, then forwarded it to the market surveillance authority, who deemed it "not fit for import into the EU" because it didn't feature a CE logo and didn't comply with EU parliament decision No 768/2008/EC.

Pretty sure the 'nice' lady in charge of my case was just super anal about all of it. Oh, I love German bureaucracy.

Welp, gonna pick up my order directly at Mandarake Nakano when I'm in Japan later this month.

By the way, the same train set was prevously sold by a German model train shop. I wonder how that worked if the item is seemingly super dangerous. Of course I brought this up when I contacted the 'nice' lady. Of course it didn't work. She was all: "WOOOOAHOOOWOOO WE'LL HAVE THIS LOOKED INTO!!11"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
1 minute ago, Suica said:

Apparently I just had a DHL package containing a trainset returned to Mandarake.

German customs ordered an inspection of my package, then forwarded it to the market surveillance authority, who deemed it "not fit for import into the EU" because it didn't feature a CE logo and didn't comply with EU parliament decision No 768/2008/EC.

Wow! I never realized they could do that even with simple toys such as model trains!

3 minutes ago, Yavianice said:

Wow! I never realized they could do that even with simple toys such as model trains!

German bureaucracy~

These decisions are written in a way so that the individual person handling the case has leeway in decision-making. Should work out positively in most cases but this time "It iz ze law! You must abide by ze rulz, ja?!"

• Haha 2

Meanwhile there are genuinely dangerous things with fake CE stickers out there, like some of the Chinese USB chargers (the real cause of most "exploding gadget" stories). They seem to have little trouble getting in...

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Yavianice said:

One of the missing packages arrived unexpectedly after 2 months in limbo! The other is still missing however...

Everything seems to have slowed down.  I've got an SAL at 6 weeks.  A recent EMS took 10 business days instead of 5 days. I would hate to be in one of the processing centers. I have a feeling parcels are coming in faster than they can be sent out. One of the evils of online shopping.

7 hours ago, Suica said:

Pretty sure the 'nice' lady in charge of my case was just super anal about all of it. Oh, I love German bureaucracy.

Welp, gonna pick up my order directly at Mandarake Nakano when I'm in Japan later this month.

By the way, the same train set was prevously sold by a German model train shop. I wonder how that worked if the item is seemingly super dangerous. Of course I brought this up when I contacted the 'nice' lady. Of course it didn't work. She was all: "WOOOOAHOOOWOOO WE'LL HAVE THIS LOOKED INTO!!11"

Wow i would never understand how model trains can be more dangerous than exploding cell phones!

• Haha 1

Got my early Christmas present, a Hokkaido Shinkansen. Also added a small station and an EF-510 that Nariichi-san had on sale. I kind of like the plain-jane silver scheme. 

photo_(41).JPG

• Like 8

I placed my last order for the year with Hobbysearch. Nothing too exciting. A blank tomix bookcase for my painted/wrapped trains. A storage container. Another set of crossing gates and some Greenmax wall plates. 

• Like 1