What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

20 minutes ago, Gryphr said:

I tried it with the battery, at that speed it osunded the same as with the powerpack, however i couldnt test low speeds like this. I don't think it's the bogies/mechanics either since the motor is already noisy when just running by itself.

maybe it s just the characteristics of that type of motor? I m no expert but I ve had a noisy motor and I lubricated and cleaned all I thought I should and after about a week it burnt out.

I ordered a new one and when it arrived I fitted it and it s the same as the old one.However,before I accepted it s just the way it is,i stripped it down to check everything,as you have,and I noticed a set of the wheels in the bogie were nt sitting quite right si I sorted that.It runs fine now but is still a little noisy compared to the other trains I ve got.I m not saying the wheels are making it noisy but it maybe causing the vibration.

the reason mine burnt out is I ve been told I over lubricated it!!!

8 hours ago, Das Steinkopf said:

Is that the new Tomix model, I have the Kato version which is one of my favourite locomotives.

Yep, it's the Tomix one. I haven't seen the Kato one but I really like this one. The uncoupling bar came pre-installed but I still had to add the grab irons on the cab fronts and some of the roof bits are fiddly. Really good runner, gets up to speed very fast. My only complaint is that the lighter blue number panels are slightly smaller than the recesses for them so you can see a bit of darker blue around them. 

One REALLY nice thing though is that the collector on top of the pantograph snaps into place in the raised position so sits flat. This is a pet peeve for me with single arm pantographs. 

Edited by nah00

So, to start off, there was a little mistake with my order. I'm pretty sure I ordered a 285-0 series set, instead arrived a Chou Line 201-series set... So... I'm not quite sure what to do with it! Haha.

20171130_122921.jpg

• Like 2

Had a couple more things come in, an E217, some E231's, and a 285 series, nothing terribly exciting

1 hour ago, katoftw said:

Just as out of place as the 165.

Actually, I think it's a 115, but I'd have to double check 

20171130_143255.jpg

20171130_143303.jpg

• Like 2

Wow I see loads of trains moving in....  fast!

Too bad the 201 series is the one with the headmark.. if it's the normal type you can pass it off as a 201 series Osaka Loop Line... oh, wait... that's retired too...

• Haha 2
11 hours ago, serotta1972 said:

I see in the future a large container containing Koki's along with a bunch of containers. :) 

Just a few (For the moment!)

I have four Koki 200's on order, and picking up four packs of these http://www.1999.co.jp/10473113

For a very, VERY painfully high price... 

Along with a few 1000's and 43000's.

11 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Wow I see loads of trains moving in....  fast!

Too bad the 201 series is the one with the headmark.. if it's the normal type you can pass it off as a 201 series Osaka Loop Line... oh, wait... that's retired too...

As for the 201, I guess I'll just park it back behind the shops as a retired set or something...?

• Like 1

My Kato 110-0 add on set arrived. Probably my last chance to grab one as they seem to be sold out in most places:

The KuHa has no lighting as it's intended to run within the set. Which is now eleven cars long. Also bought some Woodland Scenics polystyrene foam risers for the mini module I'm still gathering materials for, planning to get the core built and then find a few inspirational photos of Japanese urban elevated lines with solid bases (as opposed to viaducts with piers or arches).

• Like 6
On 11/29/2017 at 9:54 AM, katoftw said:

Kato EF210 arrived yesterday.  Ordered Kato EH200 today.  Just trying to fill a few holes in the line up of my contemporary freight rolling stock.

Add a ED76-0 Kyushu Version to that line up also.  Nariichi-san had some going cheap.

10256500a2.jpg

Edited by katoftw
  • Like 6

How does that perform? I acquired the MA DD16 a while back and it's the worst Japanese loco I've ever had (it appears to be an old design with "split bogies" relying on each half of the bogie to make contact with the chassis, which is OK until it meets any kind of curve), and the matching snowploughs are so heavy and stiff the loco can't move them.

8 hours ago, railsquid said:

How does that perform? I acquired the MA DD16 a while back and it's the worst Japanese loco I've ever had (it appears to be an old design with "split bogies" relying on each half of the bogie to make contact with the chassis, which is OK until it meets any kind of curve), and the matching snowploughs are so heavy and stiff the loco can't move them.

Hm... this one doesn't have problems like that. It's a bit slow and louder than most Japanese locos but runs rather well.

1 hour ago, maihama eki said:

And now for something completely different...

Some CDs of Station and Train Melodies, etc. from Amazon.jp.

Do you have a link? I totally want the Yamanote line jingles. Do I have to search in Kanji?

10 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

Do you have a link? I totally want the Yamanote line jingles. Do I have to search in Kanji?

Here is the Yamanote Line one.  This is the second version of this - green cover.  There is also a first version that has red text on the cover.  I don't have that one, so I can't say how they are different. 

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B071ZPJVRT/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Thanks 1