What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

9 minutes ago, Drunkenclam said:

Yes... it is inevitable

I picked up a couple of Kokis, so I have to put something on those darn things!

You're right, it's completely inevitable...

To my absolute amazement, the postie came on a Sunday... brought me the second of the three packages I'm expecting. This one with a pack of Showa era figures, a WaMu3500, a WaMu50000 with plywood sides, and the Car Collection Basic Set I2. These cars are amazingly lovely... the "TOYOACE" on the front of the truck is legible... lovely.

2ndbox.jpg

• Like 7
On 11/26/2017 at 10:06 PM, Philphil said:

The big question of the day is... Do I really want to spend 11,000 Yen on four 2-packs of tank containers...?...

If you don't want to spend that much you can wait until February when the Tomix JOT ISO containers come out, hopefully they'll be doing more runs of different companies or at least at koki-200 with them. The Popondetta ones do tend to get expensive fast and you may have to some cutting depending on where you want the container to be on the car.

On 11/26/2017 at 9:31 PM, Kamome said:

I know this in kind of the wrong thread for this. For all those old and new Koki owners, there’s a nice big section on container traffic in the December issue of Nine Scale World Magazine. (Vol. 97) It has 5 pages of who produces which containers and I thought the loading guide, although mostly common sense, might help you make your fleets more realistic.

Staying on topic,

I picked up the Tomix Eneos Gas station as well as the first 2 issues of Rail Magazine Archives. Not that I can read them but a huge abundance of great reference photos for a lot of stock that no longer runs.

BC27B1A3-E79B-415E-B53F-D6A91E960B45.jpeg

I've seen the asymmetrical loading before (20ft + x2/x3 12 ft, 31ft + 20ft/x2 12 ft) but I was wondering is this used for loaded containers? Empties I can see but fully loaded that's putting a big weight differential over the trucks. Same with clumping x3 12 in the middle versus 1 in the middle and one on each end. 

Just ordered the four car add on for my Kato 111-0. Price was standard for UK (Gaugemaster) so eyewatering by Japanese standards, but nobody else has any left.

Also trying to decide whether I want the other four RhB EW I coach pack. I haven't really run the four I have or the Glacier Express but if I don't grab the pack soon it'll disappear from the shelves. It's competing with the 115 Series four car powered set Modeltrainplus just listed in the sale section for about the same money...

2 hours ago, nah00 said:

I've seen the asymmetrical loading before (20ft + x2/x3 12 ft, 31ft + 20ft/x2 12 ft) but I was wondering is this used for loaded containers? Empties I can see but fully loaded that's putting a big weight differential over the trucks. Same with clumping x3 12 in the middle versus 1 in the middle and one on each end. 

Same process yes.  The just plan for different weights.  Spending the empties out evenly also.

nscalestation

Attended a model railroad show over the weekend not far from my home in California and found one of the dealers there with a good selection of Tomix buildings and passenger sets and other Japanese prototype items.  I ended up with this Green Max bus set which I had never seen before.

GM56.thumb.jpg.3c70702c1eb92606d3f604cba8b5700a.jpg

• Like 5

It's the older Greenmax pre-painted bus kits.. They look lovely and come in a few types of bus types... I have one too...

Good find though! Lovely!

20170814_152352.jpg

• Like 2

A few items I brought from Maylands Model railway Shop in Perth on my recent trip. I now have a 7 car set of the Bombardier coaches.
Thanks for the info Davo. Biggest collection of N scale i Have seen in a hobby shop.New and secondhand. A little bit pricey on the Japanese N scale , but some of the stock is hard to find now.

20171125_110618.jpg

20171126_182958.jpg

• Like 8
2 hours ago, beakaboy said:

A few items I brought from Maylands Model railway Shop in Perth on my recent trip. I now have a 7 car set of the Bombardier coaches.
Thanks for the info Davo. Biggest collection of N scale i Have seen in a hobby shop.New and secondhand. A little bit pricey on the Japanese N scale , but some of the stock is hard to find now.

20171125_110618.jpg

20171126_182958.jpg

Lovin those carriages buddy👍👍😀

I have the HO scale Metra versions. Bought many years ago when I was building something inspired by the Illinois Railway Museum. They'll probably have a set one day!

• Like 1

Finally the last of the three boxes arrived! This contained one 2-car pack of HoKi800s, one No. 10 Station kit, one island platform set, a two-pack of section houses, a battery-powered lighting kit, a bookshelf case decorated like a JNR 6000形 container, and a book ("Lost JNR Local Lines"). Very happy!

box3.jpg

• Like 4
On 11/29/2017 at 1:44 AM, Pauljag900 said:

Lovin those carriages buddy👍👍😀

cheers Paul. I was very lucky to score the initial set of 4 coaches and a custom painted loco from a local auction site a few years ago for $80. Loco is fitted with a DCC chip. Had been looking for extra coaches for some time. One of the coaches from the first lot is a bit different to the rest as well if you look at the writing in the centre

20171126_183606.jpg

• Like 3

GO Transit in NZ, brilliant. :D

EDIT: Which also reminds me that my local transit authority shares a name with one in NZ, barring the spelling (TransLink/TraNZlink)? :D

Edited by Pashina12
1 hour ago, beakaboy said:

cheers Paul. I was very lucky to score the initial set of 4 coaches and a custom painted loco from a local auction site a few years ago for $80. Loco is fitted with a DCC chip. Had been looking for extra coaches for some time. One of the coaches from the first lot is a bit different to the rest as well if you look at the writing in the centre

20171126_183606.jpg

we[[ I think they look superb and if they re pretty rare to come by then I think it s something you could live with,ha ha.

I would nt know and my guess is a lot of others woukd nt either mate,good find buddy.

6 hours ago, Pashina12 said:

GO Transit in NZ, brilliant. :D

EDIT: Which also reminds me that my local transit authority shares a name with one in NZ, barring the spelling (TransLink/TraNZlink)? :D

Our transit authority here in Brisbane is also called Translink, they seem to know less about railways than I do about brain surgery and since they took over supervision of QR's suburban operations several years ago they have messed things up at every turn, but that's another story.

On topic, I've ordered Kato's 10 pack of Koki 107/106 and some more JR containers to make up the paper trains I saw at Ishinomaki last year.

Edited by westfalen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, westfalen said:

Our transit authority here in Brisbane is also called Translink, they seem to know less about railways than I do about brain surgery and since they took over supervision of QR's suburban operations several years ago they have messed things up at every turn, but that's another story.

Our TransLink seems to know about as much about public transit too...

• Haha 1

Got my KD55 and EH200 from Nariichi-san yesterday, both seen crossing paths here with the EH-200 hauling a gasoline train and the KD55 a much smaller trio of LPG tankers.

photo (40).JPG

• Like 10
Das Steinkopf
2 hours ago, nah00 said:

Got my KD55 and EH200 from Nariichi-san yesterday, both seen crossing paths here with the EH-200 hauling a gasoline train and the KD55 a much smaller trio of LPG tankers.

photo (40).JPG

Is that the new Tomix model, I have the Kato version which is one of my favourite locomotives.

Received a package with an Kato E5 motor unit, to swap out the motor of my E259 which was running really rough (vibrationwise) and loud. The swap succeeded, but sadly the new motor seems to have pretty much the same problem :(

Edited by Gryphr
11 minutes ago, Gryphr said:

Received a package with an Kato E5 motor unit, to swap out the motor of my E259 which was running really rough (vibrationwise) and loud. The swap succeeded, but sadly the new motor seems to have pretty much the same problem :(

So then perhaps the engine is loose? Maybe you can wedge it into place with a bit of cut elastics. I believe another forum member also did this but I can't find the thread real quick.

1 hour ago, Yavianice said:

So then perhaps the engine is loose? Maybe you can wedge it into place with a bit of cut elastics. I believe another forum member also did this but I can't find the thread real quick.

I tried that, though it doesnt really help much. I think it might be that the motor doesnt respond well to the output of the power packs im using...I should try to get my hands on a Kato/Tomix powerpack, maybe this could reduce noise levels somewhat.

1 hour ago, Gryphr said:

Could be a mechanical problem with the bogies or the transmission. You could test the motor unit with a 9V battery to see if it's good or not with the smooth 9V DC that the battery is providing. Just hold the power car normally (not upside down) and touch one of the wheelpairs to the contacts of the battery.

I tried it with the battery, at that speed it osunded the same as with the powerpack, however i couldnt test low speeds like this. I don't think it's the bogies/mechanics either since the motor is already noisy when just running by itself.