What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

I too have been a bit Koki this month with this haul, but you can never have too many, in any scale!

I finally picked up the Kato Koki 106 and 107 set (10-1432) I was worried I'd miss this as they seemed to be selling through fast. I also went around various hobby shops in Hakata to find suitable containers. I grabbed a good selection from Tomix (3133, 3134, 3155, 3146)and also picked up the newly released livery 19D and the UR19A containers from Kato (23-571, 23-572). Again the new paint scheme version were sold out in a number of shops.  I also found the Assy part Sagawa T260s for Kato's recent Mc250 release (Z04M4156). Not sure if these are prototypical on a regular Koki but the JRF trains along the Kagoshima line often have one or two Sagawa containers. I also used up all of my spare JRF 19D containers filling up the train. Seemed I had the exact amount which was a bit of a fluke. I did look at the tanker containers from Poppondetta but still can't commit to investing 2700 yen + tax for two, despite their detail.

Not N but I also grabbed some of the Tomix HO Koki 106 and 107s including the new version with Kuro Neko Yamato containers. I hope Tomix release just the containers in N in the near future.

Also added some Kadee couplers for my Kato HO EF65

IMG_0688.JPG

IMG_0689.jpg

• Like 8

I ve always been more in favour of the passenger trains,but now,with all these wonderful,various goods wagons And  containers being posted on here I m not so sure!! Looking more and more like I may have to make some enquiries!😂😂😂😂😀👍👍

• Like 2

Finally ordered a JR Freight DE10 in the updated colors! Just figured that it was a pretty safe bet to see at least one of those floating around in the Tokyo suburban area. Not really sure what cars to get with it though.

• Like 3
Das Steinkopf
6 hours ago, Philphil said:

Finally ordered a JR Freight DE10 in the updated colors! Just figured that it was a pretty safe bet to see at least one of those floating around in the Tokyo suburban area. Not really sure what cars to get with it though.

The new 12 car Koki 50000 set that is coming out early next year is a perfect start, as well as the Koki 106 and 107's that both Kato and Tomix have available, if you can get your hands on some of the other Koki 100 types go for it as Tomix does re releases every couple of years or so, Koki 200's are also suitable but don't go overboard as there was only 154 of them built.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Philphil said:

The DE10 is one of my favourites. Example below:

• Like 2
4 hours ago, gavino200 said:

It's not Japanese. But I couldn't resist. Maybe they're American tourists.

MipRWRJ.jpg

Fantastic,,I love ,😂😂👍

if you do nt mind me asking where did you get them? I would nt mind some of them ha ha,👍👍

The Kato SaRo 110 1200 turned up today. Not in a Tomix box but it is the right coach for the box I already had! At the moment it's lurking in my 111 Series as I don't have any of the matching 113 Series.

I may have found a source for the Kato add-on pack for the 111-0, hopefully it will still be there in a fortnight when I can afford to buy it. Interestingly the diagrams in the SaRo box show pretty much the same set formed with 113 Series stock.

Also ordered another Tomytec chassis to replace the one under a 119 Series that the motor died in. I managed to get it running again but the flywheel wouldn't go back on square, so it vibrated horribly. Unfortunately they don't sell the motors individually.

10 hours ago, Pauljag900 said:

Fantastic,,I love ,😂😂👍

if you do nt mind me asking where did you get them? I would nt mind some of them ha ha,👍👍

I got them at my local train store. Website is below. I think he only had one, but he's usually good about custom orders. He doesn't list small items like this on the website, but if you email him he'll help you out.

https://houseoftrains.com/

Edited by gavino200
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, gavino200 said:

I got them at my local train store. Website is below. I think he only had one, but he's usually good about custom orders. He doesn't list small items like this on the website, but if you email him he'll help you out.

https://houseoftrains.com/

Cheers buddy👍👍

• Like 1
16 hours ago, gavino200 said:

It's not Japanese. But I couldn't resist. Maybe they're American tourists.

That reminds me of some German figure sets (I think from Noch but can't recall) that are rather more explicit than those...

Anyways, more on topic, my package from HS got shipped today, so soon I'll have my first C11, a two-car pack of ToRa90000s, a Kato suburban station accessories set, a number sheet from RLF (intended for use on ToRa70000s but *hopefully* they'll be the right size to renumber my 90000s), and a Tomytec railway crossing D... looking forward to getting this!

I also placed two other orders today... one from HS, and the other my first order from MTP...

from HS I ordered the Tomix two-pack of HoKi800s - with these I'll be able to reproduce the consists of trains in a couple of photos type-for-type with my rolling stock; a number of structure kits: the No. 10 Station kit from MicroAce/Arii (which I'll eventually likely be getting more of, as based on the pictures it looks close enough to a number of stations on the Aizu Line that they'll be a good starting point for kitbashing), the Tomix Island Platform Set (mostly for the little waiting room building), and a two-pack of stationmasters' houses from Kato... and to go with these, a Tomytec 6-bulb battery-powered LED lighting kit. I also ordered a book, 国鉄ローカル線失われた ("Lost JNR Local Lines") - per the item description it's about the local lines that were closed or privatised at the end of the JNR period. Since the Aizu Line was one of these, maybe there'll be something about it in the book. And if there isn't, it'll still be interesting to learn about other local lines! And lastly, a bookshelf storage case that's decorated as a JNR type 6000 container in bright green.

The order from MTP was smaller, but some important things I didn't find at HS: Tomix WaMu35000, Tomix WaMu50000 with plywood sides, Tomytec figure set People in Showa Period A (which I figure should go well for my late 60s setting, along with the schoolkids and railwaymen I already have), and the Car Collection Basic set I2 (Mazda 3-wheeler, Daihatsu 3-wheeler, Toyoace truck (1960-1971 design), Subaru Sambar van (1961-1966 design))... these are 50s/60s types that'll look right at home in my rural/small town scenes.

Eagerly awaiting these...

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Pashina12 said:

That reminds me of some German figure sets (I think from Noch but can't recall) that are rather more explicit than those...

Doug Coster used those naughty figures in his love hotel on is great Japanese layouts. If you looked close enough thru one of the upper story windows you can guess the scene...

jeff

10 minutes ago, Yavianice said:

I would post here my newest additions from Japan. However the package got lost in transit. RIP.

Oh no!  I hope they find it!  Did it have a tracking number?  Which service did you ship with?  I've had USPS have packages come into my city, then accidentally send them across the country.  Luckily they found it and sent it to me in the end.

2 hours ago, Philphil said:

Accidentally won a 6-car set of E231-series rolling stock. So I guess that's good?

ACCIDENTLY??? Yeah,right you did! I ve heard some pretty lame excuses for buying stuff coz we re weak and that s as good as any of them👍😂😂😂😂 and I ve used most of them buddy😂😂👍👍

21 minutes ago, Pauljag900 said:

ACCIDENTLY??? Yeah,right you did! I ve heard some pretty lame excuses for buying stuff coz we re weak and that s as good as any of them👍😂😂😂😂 and I ve used most of them buddy😂😂👍👍

It was more of a "Hey look this item was just posted and it's cheap! I'll bid the opening price but not any more than that!" Then I forgot about the item and amazingly I wasn't outbid... 

Evidently I missed the email where it said I won an item on Buyee, and only realized I'd won it once I saw it on my 'Waiting for arrival' tab on the site, while I was checking on that DE10.

Completely unexpected! 😅

I also found a note on my door saying i had missed a package, so I had to drive over to the post office to pick it up.

(Fortunately it's a bit smaller than my previous packages which can be seen in the background for comparison)

20171121_122547.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1