What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Since I posted that last image, the mail man returned, and apparently he had missed a much larger and heavier package (Oh the regrets it contains!)

This was the package I accidentally shipped via EMS instead of SAL...

20171121_125635.jpg

49 minutes ago, Philphil said:

It was more of a "Hey look this item was just posted and it's cheap! I'll bid the opening price but not any more than that!" Then I forgot about the item and amazingly I wasn't outbid... 

Evidently I missed the email where it said I won an item on Buyee, and only realized I'd won it once I saw it on my 'Waiting for arrival' tab on the site, while I was checking on that DE10.

Completely unexpected! 😅

Ha ha,good for you mate,we all love a bargain😂😂👍👍

15 minutes ago, Philphil said:

Since I posted that last image, the mail man returned, and apparently he had missed a much larger and heavier package (Oh the regrets it contains!)

This was the package I accidentally shipped via EMS instead of SAL...

20171121_125635.jpg

Well do nt keep us in suspense, what is it.😂😂😂😂

14 hours ago, railsquid said:

Seibu E851 and freight set from Kato.

38526330562_9a72145f33_z.jpg

Kato Seibu E851 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Nice! Had been thinking of putting this set on my wish list together with a 101N series to accompany my Kato Seibu 5000. Not really sure of getting into more private railways at the same time though.

As Seibu is what got me (re)started in these model train thingies and it's my local line, I have a reasonable excuse :D

Actually this my second E851, the first was cheap "junk" missing decals etc., the set has enough spares that I can fit it out properly.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Philphil said:

Box #2 got pretty full (I'm not entirely sure how! 😂)

20171121_142807.jpg

20171121_144036.jpg

philphil needs a Dr. Phil intervention - his Japanese consumption is scary high and can lead to Japanese train overdose.  Luckily your in good company in this forum where many of us are fairly high functioning despite the disease. Enjoy your fleet of commuters. :)

• Like 1

There's  a saying, "if you hang out at a barber shop long enough you'll eventually get a haircut".  Well, I just got my set of Koki's, yikes!  What have I done? :)

IMG_3942.thumb.jpeg.665d3faac685d410c637a6c45aeee7d4.jpegIMG_3941.thumb.jpeg.365667bf5e75dcd8c358dd794f7fc598.jpeg

Got these from MTP and I asked Nariichi to just throw in some random containers he has in stock.  Actually, I selected the containers but he did place them on the cars and in the case.  So very cool of Mr. Nariichi.  

• Like 14
Das Steinkopf

Nice to see that you got both of the Kato sets so that you have all 12 cars, Nariichi did a great job matching up the containers for you and it proves to the pundits that Tomix containers can be mounted on Kato wagons.

• Like 1

Got these two beauties in the mail. Very happy these weren't in the MIA package.

Micro Ace A0985 Super Hakucho E785/E789

IMG_0939.thumb.jpg.ae716013a156849c5f0669fd3eb09414.jpg

Micro Ace A3664 E783 Huis Ten Bosch/Midori

IMG_0938.thumb.jpg.958927064bb42e2f8df2838b90f59185.jpg

• Like 7

Ordered a small pile of electronic oddments from China which might well turn into a rechargable PWM controller, assuming prototyping doesn't cause smoke or disturbing heat levels. Key parts are some battery charger modules as found in phone power banks and a PWM control board designed to take inputs between 1.8v and 35v DC. It will only have a 5v output but that should get a Tomytec moving.

My previous build which fed 12v from a commercial PSU through a similar board worked perfectly, this is going to be a lower powered variant with on board power recharged via USB. Why? Because the parts are costing less than £10 and I fancy an experiment!

• Like 2

Haven't sourced the battery yet, got a couple of potential sources though. A supermarket chain here is selling "disposable" phone chargers which open to reveal a standard rechargable lithium cell (which the charger boards I ordered are designed to manage). May need a couple in parallel to get enough milliamphours.

Sounds like a neat project!  I'd be interested in seeing a diagram to maybe build my own.  Are you planing on installing snubber circuits in your motorized trains?