What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Das Steinkopf
4 hours ago, nah00 said:

Hogarakadou UM14s can be a pain to fit properly but they're out of production now and exactly a super common type of container. 

They seem to fit my Tomix Koki's really nice and I have even triple stacked them, it's a pity that they didn't come in 4 packs as I saw plenty of the empty ones stacked that way when I was staying in Owari Ichinomiya, production wise Hogaraka Dou does a run of them about once a year as I have a dozen that I purchased earlier in the year.

9DF11EC5-641B-4BEF-8886-00F34C7923BE.jpeg

Edited by Das Steinkopf
  • Like 6
Das Steinkopf
1 hour ago, Pauljag900 said:

Lovin the tanker wagon👍👍👍

That's one of the Popondetta models, they are very well detailed and well worth the money.

Well finally ordered my first Kato C11! Happily one of the included number options is for an Aizu-Wakamatsu engine, but gonna have to figure out what to do for the numbering of future C11s...

• Like 3

Another large order from HS including more Kato control items for the Euro Unitram layout and some general modeling supplies.

IMG_5620  800 x 600.jpg

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 2

Small parcel from Ami, mainly for the DE10-1152 Kinokuni Seaside Liner... I like the color of it, and do hope it wins so that we can also get the carriages!

A mix of scales, Or Gulliver's travels maybe?

Edited by Drunkenclam
11 hours ago, Das Steinkopf said:

They seem to fit my Tomix Koki's really nice and I have even triple stacked them, it's a pity that they didn't come in 4 packs as I saw plenty of the empty ones stacked that way when I was staying in Owari Ichinomiya, production wise Hogaraka Dou does a run of them about once a year as I have a dozen that I purchased earlier in the year.

9DF11EC5-641B-4BEF-8886-00F34C7923BE.jpeg

For me it was figuring out how to get the three of them to attach to the koki, for some reason I couldn't get the spacing right. It would be nice if they gave you an extra one in the box since these aren't especially large, I'll pick up more Maruta ones if they do them next year. 

My Casco storage cases arrived. Pretty much identical to Kato but different colours and foam arrangement. Tomytec Vol.20 lives in this one:

The second one is a limited edition with Shonan colour striping:

This one has my extra 153 Series cars and a handful of others which are hiding from the dust in here:

The KuMoNi is a GreenMax kit. The green isn't bad but it turns out Tamiya orange is too lurid for Shonan orange. Also lurking are a couple of old Kato 165 Series cars and a SaHa 87-300.

• Like 6

These came from Modeltrainplus, but Hobbysearch have a bigger range if MTP don't have a style you want. You can also buy the foam liners and the cases separately - handy if you have a boxed set with a damaged inner tray or want to fit the basic and add on sets into the same box. They're more flexible than Kato in the foam design - the slots can accommodate pairs of four wheeled wagons or stock between 16m and 21m depending on the design and how much foam you remove. The removable end pieces are held in by perforations so if you're keeping some in situ (as I am with 20m stock in slots which can handle up to 21m) they won't wobble or fall out.

I would have preferred the landscape orientation foam for both cases but the Shonan one only came with this layout (and given it will hold Shonan express stock I couldn't resist).

Other trick I found, if you print the Tomytec website page for the collection you have on A4 paper scaled to 65% or so it can then be cut to fit the label wallet on these cases. You end up with a load of little photos of the contents.

Edited by Welshbloke
Label advice added
  • Like 1

I've always wanted to print little pictures for the cases, some trains I just can't bring up the train image from what's on the label. I'm dyslexic and horrid at keeping list type info like this retained.

jeff

If you look at the page for the individual volumes of the Railway Collection you get little photos in two columns of five, I sized it to fit just that part of the printout in the label wallet.

Have also left space for the KuMoYa and KuMoRu/KuRu in the very unlikely event of finding them for sale! The detachable chunk of foam which spaces a pair of 4w wagons would probably rest against the flatbed of the latter two and stop them from sliding upwards.

7 hours ago, cteno4 said:

I've always wanted to print little pictures for the cases, some trains I just can't bring up the train image from what's on the label. I'm dyslexic and horrid at keeping list type info like this retained.

MicroAce have got this right, much easier to scan a row of shelved MA cases than Tomix or Kato ones.

Yeah but the dead on head view they do can sometimes be hard to figure out! The Shiki transformer car is always getting me when sorting thru train cases for a show! 

Jeff

Das Steinkopf
32 minutes ago, Philphil said:

You'll all be so proud of me, I branched out and purchased a JR Freight locomotive! And then some more JRF...

Don't rush into too fast and do a bit of study first to figure out what you want to run,  there is a decent timeline of 30 years and quite a lot has changed during that time as far as locomtives and rolling stock is concerned, you also have to be especially aware of container stock as there are many models available that are no longer in use. With me I have decided to go for contemporary stock ranging from 2012 to current day,, it has taken me a while of careful study to ensure that I get it right, mind you if you are just doing a generic thing you can run whatever you like it's up to you.

I would actually like it to be a prototypical as possible, which will require quite a bit of research on current rolling stock and containers. Locomotives seem to be a bit easier, since there are much fewer types and it's easy to see what's still in use. Though if JRF does retire an entire class of locomotives, it might be tough to sell the models off...

-Phillip 

Got the other sets to make a 15 car 115-1000 Shonan Color, formation based on diagram provided by Tomix.  Can't wait to take this to the Ntrak club layout.

KuHa, MoHa, MoHa, KuHa + Kuha, MoHa, MoHa (M), Kuha + Kuha, MoHa, MoHa (M), SaHa, MoHa, MoHa, Kuha

fullsizeoutput_53a6.thumb.jpeg.5f516eca129eefcd5085d9832f4eef14.jpeg

• Like 5

You beat me too it Junior!  I'll have to bring mine and we can see how the kato and tomix versions compare.  Interesting that there are no Kumoha cars, perhaps they were a later addition.  I checked and that formation exactly matches the formation kato recommends, down to the placement of the (M) cars, just flipped 180 degrees!  

• Like 1

There were KuMoHa 115-1000s but also plain MoHa/MoHa pairs. Kato made both years ago, still looking out for odd cars from that series to complete mine.

My only Tomix Shonan car is a SaRo 110. It sits noticeably lower than Kato stock so looks weird if you run them together. Since won another auction for what I suspect is a Kato SaRo 110 in a Tomix box (as opposed to the Tomix one in a Kato box I won from the same seller last week!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Das Steinkopf
3 hours ago, Philphil said:

I would actually like it to be a prototypical as possible, which will require quite a bit of research on current rolling stock and containers. Locomotives seem to be a bit easier, since there are much fewer types and it's easy to see what's still in use. Though if JRF does retire an entire class of locomotives, it might be tough to sell the models off...

-Phillip 

Have a look at this thread for some information, mind you I need to update some of the information that I had written in there but I am not going to go back and edit my post given it's from a while back, also what region do you want to model as some classes are specifically assigned to regions due to climatic conditions or power supplies.

The newer Blue Aikan 2000 Series from Kato:

20sl.thumb.jpg.2cc2e1f7b87ec86257c2e35b59958c5c.jpg

20dt.thumb.jpg.886614dac65bfc9a2af7428ba1ba5b91.jpg

I'm currently waiting for the 100/200 series from the Railway collection to pop up on Yahoo auction to "complete" the Aikan lineup, but they seem to be rather rare...

A train that was on my Want-List for a long time: the Odakyu Romance Car 3100 NSE:

31fr.thumb.jpg.945e3465d0af4e397c0c8016eb3001a1.jpg

31le.thumb.jpg.a52f0fb9d89a2cb1c743cef8f09f467f.jpg

Luckily it just so fits into the stations I have, being a wee bit longer than a normal 7 car train.

Edited by Gryphr
  • Like 10