What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Love the painted 103 and the blue container train👍👍👍and if you need to make more room in the future you know where to contact me buddy😂😂😂👍

• Like 1

Jeff, it's beautifully done - I've been admiring each car and straining my eyes looking at the wonderful artwork.  

Of course Paul, when I need to unload some surplus trains - you're on the top of the list.

Edited by serotta1972
  • Like 1

Hi folks,

today this beauty arrived, preorder a long time ago:

eh800.png.099f163b20cca0103b2bd8a9c985fff5.png

I know, I was off here for quite a time - had an accident at work which hurted my knee. Since my model train resides in a row of boxes atop the cabinet, it was literally out of reach for weeks. As things go, other hobbies and duties took over... meanwhile I'm well again but seems it needed the kick of the Red Beauty to bring me back. ;)

• Like 12

Wow, did the Kato EH800's just come out!? 

I've been resisting the 800 urge for quite some time, which was pretty easy since Tomix was the only manufacturer, but since Kato came out.... I NEED ONE!!!

(Would any of you happen to know a good dealer for something like this?)

13 minutes ago, Philphil said:

Wow, did the Kato EH800's just come out!? 

I've been resisting the 800 urge for quite some time, which was pretty easy since Tomix was the only manufacturer, but since Kato came out.... I NEED ONE!!!

(Would any of you happen to know a good dealer for something like this?)

This thread lists the commonly used dealers that ship internationally, I think most, if not all of them should have the EH800 in stock.

Although I have several Tomix HG 58 series, I haven't any Kiha 28 series for some reason. 

I have pre ordered 2 Kiha 58 ( 1 motored) and 2 Kiha 28  will have to wait to see how they compare with the Tomix 58s. 

Over the years, Tomix have issued several variants with different cab windows. The details on HS suggest these are early versions with flat cab windows. Please correct me if I have misread the translation.

Malcolm

18 hours ago, ronin said:

What type of shipping are you using and how long does it take to get to you?

Thanks,

Eric

380 yen for unregistered SAL to Oceania, 14-28 days.

1300 yen for ePacket airmail, 7-10 days

2200 yen for EMS, 5-7 days.

AmiAmi only allow you to do unreg SAL if the order is under 8000 yen.  So buying a coupler of cheaper items and using 300g unreg Sal per orders works out much cheaper than a 1kg ePacket 2000 yen or EMS 2900 yen parcel.  3x 300g unreg SAL parcels = 1140 yen.

Edited by katoftw
3 hours ago, medusa said:

Hi folks,

today this beauty arrived, preorder a long time ago:

eh800.png.099f163b20cca0103b2bd8a9c985fff5.png

I know, I was off here for quite a time - had an accident at work which hurted my knee. Since my model train resides in a row of boxes atop the cabinet, it was literally out of reach for weeks. As things go, other hobbies and duties took over... meanwhile I'm well again but seems it needed the kick of the Red Beauty to bring me back. ;)

Glad you're feeling better Medusa. How are you planning to DCC convert that little beauty?

• Like 1

I added a couple N scale items to my HO pre order from MTP. I have been watching a lot of youtube videos on the Sanriku Railway lately, the Type 36 DMU has been growing on me...well I also needed a powered unit to pull the "Kitto Zutto 2 Go" trailer I bought last year.

large.IMG_4424.JPG.3d6563dde348e0265b7794639b84e426.JPG

Edited by keiichi77
opps wrong thread, my bad sleep deprived
  • Like 3

'Hey boss, the white train has just arrived!

IMG_3833.thumb.jpg.98c78bfac1f31c57aa05d848feeac0c9.jpg

'But we ordered a black one!

IMG_3834.thumb.jpg.c670977ac6976fd4cfa8cac836ccf29e.jpg

'No way, this is white. Should we send it back?

:grin

My Ibusuki no Tamatebako from Yavianice has just arrived (after it spent 3 days at the local post office due to that they did not find it in the office, I started to believe that it has been lost).

IMG_3832.thumb.jpg.09e2de0da3ce48fda85ce655fe7e4cc5.jpgIMG_3835.thumb.jpg.830af3ed7878691cc23216cafdb7db9e.jpg

Of course I won't send it back, I like it soooo much, thank you Yavianice!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
On 08/11/2017 at 7:28 AM, Pauljag900 said:

And how about a tutorial for coupler mods?👍😂

I can do a post with the various Kato couplers which fit into the standard Rapido pocket if that's any help? I've standardised on their tightlocks for my EMU fleet as they're cheap, unobtrusive and stay together reliably, but also have the knuckle couplers with and without the dummy hoses on my KiHas and hauled stock.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Welshbloke said:

I can do a post with the various Kato couplers which fit into the standard Rapido pocket if that's any help? I've standardised on their tightlocks for my EMU fleet as they're cheap, unobtrusive and stay together reliably, but also have the knuckle couplers with and without the dummy hoses on my KiHas and hauled stock.

It really would be amazing if you made that tutorial video!

And a really interesting purchase that I have been dreaming of for a really long time... and they finally had a promotion so I guess it's time!

I will connect it up and test it soon, as soon as I get hold of my white gloves!

20171109_143118.jpg

20171109_143214.jpg

20171109_143232.jpg

20171109_143245.jpg

• Like 10
  • Densha pinned this topic

Got a complete rural station, platforms and other trackside buildings and accessories from Ebay.  Hopefully this will be the beginning of my first module that will be the home of my many 115's and Kiha's.

IMG_3698.thumb.jpeg.0d29808f544613b56f496836ab4acf2c.jpegIMG_3699.thumb.jpeg.c37968179c629476d7f6d458ef0df894.jpeg

Edited by serotta1972
  • Like 8

A new train purchase using the Suica rule - because I rode it. :) And saw it many times while loitering on the platforms at the Tokyo Station.  I also really like double decker cars.

IMG_3700.thumb.jpeg.0ecc2200a4079462c195a04b5616f5ab.jpeg

• Like 6
12 minutes ago, serotta1972 said:

Got a complete rural station, platforms and other trackside buildings and accessories from Ebay.  Hopefully this will be the beginning of my first module that will be the home of my many 115's and Kiha's.

You really are on the slope, aren't you? :grin

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Philphil said:

It really would be amazing if you made that tutorial video!

Will do when my MoHa 152 arrives (I don't have anything with Rapidos to demonstrate the conversion with at the moment). Or the KuHa 111 I bagged on ebay yesterday.

• Like 1