What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

A 205 (Yamanote Line) was the first Japanese train I ever boarded, in 1993. Coming from Berlin (where pre-war S-Bahn trains were still running) it seemed very modern, especially as it had little TV displays above each door.

ModelTrainPlus have drop-in LED replacement lighting units if needed.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, serotta1972 said:

A new train purchase using the Suica rule - because I rode it. :) And saw it many times while loitering on the platforms at the Tokyo Station.  I also really like double decker cars.

IMG_3700.thumb.jpeg.0ecc2200a4079462c195a04b5616f5ab.jpeg

Hey there, now that's a pretty nice train you've got there, wanna sell it? 😆

Freaky coincidence time... A couple of weeks ago I scored this World Kogei ED17-1 off Yahoo Auctions - well the prototype is British , so how could I resist?

38310901961_ba22d53e1b_z.jpg

World Kogei EF17-1 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

then last weekend I took the Squidlet to the train museum in Omiya, and lo and behold...

24441069418_9ee56e8ef4_z.jpg

ED17-1 in Omiya by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Squidlet wasn't so impressed though.

38256741236_2748ccf0bc_q.jpg

ED-17 cab by Rail Squid, on Flickr

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Philphil said:

Hey there, now that's a pretty nice train you've got there, wanna sell it? 😆

Hehe, I don't tire of my trains that quickly.  Maybe hit me up in about 6 months. You have enough 15 car commuter trains to keep you busy for a little while.  Actually, this set is still readily available through various online vendors.

• Like 1

I unboxed the rural station and platform sets and I found that the buildings are all built except for the main platform kit.  It's in excellent condition.  All this for $130 plus shipping from the UK which was reasonable for such a big box.

IMG_3704.thumb.jpeg.3c2d95b53dcbc1af3f39762078c16fa9.jpeg

• Like 6
On 9.11.2017 at 12:41 AM, gavino200 said:

Glad you're feeling better Medusa. How are you planning to DCC convert that little beauty?

I fear, not at all... ;)

5 hours ago, railsquid said:

Freaky coincidence time... A couple of weeks ago I scored this World Kogei ED17-1 off Yahoo Auctions - well the prototype is British , so how could I resist?

38310901961_ba22d53e1b_z.jpg

World Kogei EF17-1 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

then last weekend I took the Squidlet to the train museum in Omiya, and lo and behold...

24441069418_9ee56e8ef4_z.jpg

ED17-1 in Omiya by Rail Squid, on Flickr

Squidlet wasn't so impressed though.

38256741236_2748ccf0bc_q.jpg

ED-17 cab by Rail Squid, on Flickr

I love these early electrics, you sense that you could bring it back to life with hand tools and a big bottle of contact cleaner.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, serotta1972 said:

Hehe, I don't tire of my trains that quickly.  Maybe hit me up in about 6 months. You have enough 15 car commuter trains to keep you busy for a little while.  Actually, this set is still readily available through various online vendors.

You're completely right about that! I've really overbought recently. Though I'm trying to keep costs down by only doing 10-car sets, since the 5-car sets seem to go for about the same price, it's just more than I can justify right now

5 hours ago, Welshbloke said:

I love these early electrics, you sense that you could bring it back to life with hand tools and a big bottle of contact cleaner.

Well, Edmonton Transit uses a GE steeplecab that's over 100 years old to pull its maintenance trains... as long as the mechanicals are okay, there's not much more that you need to do apart from the contact cleaner!

Das Steinkopf
28 minutes ago, Pashina12 said:

Well, Edmonton Transit uses a GE steeplecab that's over 100 years old to pull its maintenance trains... as long as the mechanicals are okay, there's not much more that you need to do apart from the contact cleaner!

The Rhaetische Bahn still has a small number of their ABe4/4 railcars that were built in 1908 in service on the Bernina line for tourist trains as well as departmental use. 

• Like 1

Amiami got one of the new kato shonan 115 sets with a slightly damaged box, so I managed to snipe it for 60% off!   I know I said I wasn't planing on getting a full 15 car set....

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Kiha66 said:

Amiami got one of the new kato shonan 115 sets with a slightly damaged box, so I managed to snipe it for 60% off!   I know I said I wasn't planing on getting a full 15 car set....

Nice, gotta bring that at our next meet up.  I'm putting together a Tomix 115-1000 15 car set too, I'm looking for the 4 car set.  We'll do a Kato and Tomix comparison.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Kiha66 said:

How you could you possibly not buy it? I mean,it would be rude not to really kiha!!! As if we need any excuse 😂😂😂😂😂

12 hours ago, serotta1972 said:

I unboxed the rural station and platform sets and I found that the buildings are all built except for the main platform kit.  It's in excellent condition.  All this for $130 plus shipping from the UK which was reasonable for such a big box.

IMG_3704.thumb.jpeg.3c2d95b53dcbc1af3f39762078c16fa9.jpeg

Wow,that looks really nice,can t wait to see that set up buddy👍👍

Just now, Pauljag900 said:

How you could you possibly not buy it? I mean,it would be rude not to really kiha!!! As if we need any excuse 😂😂😂😂😂

I know!  But I also need to save for the Tomix JR kushu Kiha66 set!   And the Rapido turbotrain!  And the Kato C67!  And an EF58!  And an EF15!  And the all of the individual Tomix kiha's to make the full Yufu Express!  And then maybe some more Kiha 66'es.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Small parcel compared to some I see here. Just an extra coach for my kiha 181 unit and some destination signs to improve the appearance of several of my units.

image.thumb.png.a36eea54b5867195616b2fe2073ea4e0.png

image.thumb.png.041935613eab26b6f7d089cdcb02ae00.png

• Like 8

So, the trip down the Chuo Line "low roof" rabbithole continues with this MicroAce 115-800 set, which came at a very reasonable price including add-on set via Yahoo. Some remedial work may be required on the destination boards and I'll need to take a knife to the foam insert as it's very tight and results in the corridor connectors being distorted, but otherwise excellent value.

38330198292_9de55177bc_z.jpg
Microace 115-800 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

38305966236_d37881a75b_z.jpg

Microace 115-800 (front) by Rail Squid, on Flickr

• Like 8
19 minutes ago, Philphil said:

Can't seem to get any packages from Buyee with less than 20,000 Yen shipping... 😓

How much stuff are you ordering?  For larger orders it's cheaper to ship in smaller groups.   The cutoff is normally 2 kg.

3 hours ago, Kiha66 said:

How much stuff are you ordering?  For larger orders it's cheaper to ship in smaller groups.   The cutoff is normally 2 kg.

Is there any way to calculate the weight for a given package, or do I just have to guess the number of Kato sets to bundle into a package?

7 minutes ago, Philphil said:

Is there any way to calculate the weight for a given package, or do I just have to guess the number of Kato sets to bundle into a package?

It depends on the model, and how the seller packages it.  I'd recommend weighing some of the sets and trains you do have to get an idea, and then factor in the boxes as well.  Don't forget to factor in the cost of shipping from the seller to buyee as well!

I think hobbysearch lists all the weights of the items they sell on their website (of course, excluding wrapping and packaging). You can use this as reference for buyee.

• Thanks 1