What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

Can anyone give me a reason to justify a purchase of a Microace A-0021, 215 Series 10-car set? I'm really on the fence with this thing and it ends tomorrow morning...

Well do you like it? I love it as its a big brute of a commuter train! Happy with mine, but it tend to collect trains i like.

jeff

Das Steinkopf
1 hour ago, Philphil said:

Can anyone give me a reason to justify a purchase of a Microace A-0021, 215 Series 10-car set? I'm really on the fence with this thing and it ends tomorrow morning...

It depends on what you are into and whether you are into modelling a specific prototype or you just like collecting random trains and running them, at the end of the day it's all about whatever makes you happy.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Kabutoni said:

I'm not sure if I'm going to upgrade this set after all is in. Eventually I want to get a Tomix HG 485 Series and probably resell or hand it down later. Because of the lack of space, I'd rather invest in detailed rolling stock, rather than size.

P.s. then again, with some dedication I think I can bring it onto par with a contemporary HG Tomix unit. Especially some red sections could use some light touching up, roof repaint, detailing metal parts, etc.

The couplers are only a few hundred Yen though, and you get enough for ten cars in a bag. Look up Kato 11-703 for black or -704 for grey.

I like restoring models, the only tricky bit is getting parts here for older items. And matching paint colours.

9 minutes ago, Welshbloke said:

The couplers are only a few hundred Yen though, and you get enough for ten cars in a bag. Look up Kato 11-703 for black or -704 for grey.

I like restoring models, the only tricky bit is getting parts here for older items. And matching paint colours.

I've been looking into these older parts as well and already ordered improved headmarks, so the detailing/restoration process has already started... :P

8 hours ago, Philphil said:

I m with Jeff all the way on this one buddy,if you like it,get it!👍😂

Even if you model a particular type or aras I do nt see anything wrong with a bit of self indulgence,and as the saying goes,it s your layout,do what makes you happy!!👍👍😂😂😂

Edited by Pauljag900

Thank you for your suggestions and advice! It is really tempting just to get it to have it, but since I have limited funds, and a set of Microace A-7654 the MUE-train just got listed, I might have to go after that instead... Ah decisions, decisions 

16 minutes ago, Philphil said:

Thank you for your suggestions and advice! It is really tempting just to get it to have it, but since I have limited funds, and a set of Microace A-7654 the MUE-train just got listed, I might have to go after that instead... Ah decisions, decisions 

But what a nice dilemma to have"😂😂

Testing to see whether I can share my Instagram posts here, this should be my latest arrival in the form of a Green Max RTR KuMoYa 90-100. Dummy, so will run with a powered set of some sort:

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Philphil said:

Haha, but not from my wallet's perspective 

It s only money! It makes the world go around and you d only spend it on sommat else😂😂😂

I don't have much history with that particular 651-series trainset, but it certainly looks cool!

The worst part is that I might be more amazed with the red metallic box than the train itself!

A beautiful ED75-111 from MicroAce came in just now.

IMG_20171016_150522.thumb.jpg.252a54d750508dc9391535c0d4be8156.jpg

At the moment, this is the most detailed, smoothest running and nicely lit engine in my fleet.

EDIT: Oh jeez, I just checked the new price on this particular model. I just paid about 20% of that... It looks like new... I think this is my biggest bargain yet!

Edited by Kabutoni
  • Like 7
2 hours ago, Philphil said:

I don't have much history with that particular 651-series trainset, but it certainly looks cool!

The worst part is that I might be more amazed with the red metallic box than the train itself!

That's the 651-1000 series Izu Craile, more info here: https://www.jreast.co.jp/e/joyful/izucraile.html?src=gnavi

and a nice video of the train itself here:

The distinct red box is only for Kato Roundhouse models, by which only a few models are categorized under the Roundhouse brand, like the Toreyu Tsubasa, Tohoku Emotion, etc... They are also usually rare and tends to get sold out very fast...

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Phil, 

dont start looking at the painted trains or you may be in deep trouble...

cheers

jeff

Why not Jeff? Painted trains are so nice and beautiful, and will certainly catch attention running on the layout!

Martijn Meerts
44 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

Why not Jeff? Painted trains are so nice and beautiful, and will certainly catch attention running on the layout!

Yeah, until you only have painted trains running on the layout, and the 'normal' train stands out more than the painted ones :D

• Like 3
7 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Thats the problem for the wallet I was trying to warn him about! You and I are lost causes...  ;-p

jeff

7 hours ago, Martijn Meerts said:

Yeah, until you only have painted trains running on the layout, and the 'normal' train stands out more than the painted ones :D

That's usually my beef with companies who decide on that every single train needs to be in a particular livery... To me that makes them more obnoxious than interesting. There is a reason why I've compensated my Tōbu Skytree Train with a dozen or so regular 6050s xD

12 hours ago, Kabutoni said:

That's usually my beef with companies who decide on that every single train needs to be in a particular livery... To me that makes them more obnoxious than interesting. There is a reason why I've compensated my Tōbu Skytree Train with a dozen or so regular 6050s xD

I can see myself doing something like that... Oh gosh, this is going to get expensive!

Actually, I did kind of screw myself over this week and overbought a bunch of stuff. I could post a list, but I don't know if anyone would want to see how horrible I really am 😂

Phil,

i think we have all been there (and at times are there again...), think we need to start a 12 step program for the hobby. Take it slow there are A LOT of trains out there!

jeff

Das Steinkopf
5 hours ago, Philphil said:

I can see myself doing something like that... Oh gosh, this is going to get expensive!

Regardless of whatever you get into it has the ability to get expensive, freight stock can be just as dangerous as passenger stock, my JRF fleet alone is currently sitting at 10 locomotives, 50 Koki's and 19 Takis, I have a further 24 Koki's and 4 Taki's on pre order and I dare say I will probably end up ordering more and more and more.