What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

September from HS, got ED-62 and the Iida Line freight set plus the extra hokis, Yamato transport kokis, the Odasakae Station Series 205 set, the new trailer collection, the contemporary work site and trailer truck sets, the fire truck set, and a new mug for work.

Gotta say though I'm really not impressed with the Odasakae Station train, the paint apps on the on the sides are fine but the on the front from underneath you can tell it didn't sprayed fully silver. Also the pantograph isn't an exact match and getting the TM-14 motor to fit right and the body of the car to sit properly wasn't as easy as normal. 

seporder.jpg

• Like 7

I'm hoping since now they have the license we see more of them released (they could do an entire trailer and truck collection of them honestly). Also the ISO containers from the trailer collection sadly do not snap onto kokis very well, a bit of white glue may keep them on there but I've been spoiled by the Popendetta ones that are pretty secure. Also the flat white color that Tomix used on them seems off for some reason. 

Also another full box bought without getting the secret truck. 

Edited by nah00

Dunno if you noticed.  But on the underside of the new Yamato containers have the number 3192 molded into it.  That number does not show up as a stock number.  So here is hoping 3192 becomes a 2 container pack one day for you.

• Like 3
Das Steinkopf
55 minutes ago, Suica said:

All those Yamato Nekology containers.

I feel kinda bad for ordering just one. :sad1:

I only bought one as well, but given my OCD for ensuring that all my containers have different numbers I can live with that. I’m so bad that recently when I sold a Tomix 8703 Koki 106 with tail lights that I had spare I added a Tomix 48A-38000 to it as I had purchased a Hogaraka Dou with the same number. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Suica said:

Me too... I feel even worse without ordering any! So I think I might just go ahead with 3 first with the next order of tracks for the new layout....

I do hope it's not the start of another long slippery slope... I do really like the yamato company... and it is something that people can relate to here since Yamato courier is also widely used here ...

I too was tempted by the Yamato kokis, but price made me hesitate for containers to come but maybe they are expensive to license and thus will be higher priced alone...

has anyone seen lots of the Yamato containers together in yards or on trains or are they more diffuse? I remember seeing one picture of a koki wirh a single Yamato container on it.

we have them here in dc! Only really see the trucks at Japanese functions or jr rail bringing in/out their big models and booth setups. They are uber professional, fast and careful packing and crating.

jeff

2 hours ago, cteno4 said:

I too was tempted by the Yamato kokis, but price made me hesitate for containers to come but maybe they are expensive to license and thus will be higher priced alone...

has anyone seen lots of the Yamato containers together in yards or on trains or are they more diffuse? I remember seeing one picture of a koki wirh a single Yamato container on it.

we have them here in dc! Only really see the trucks at Japanese functions or jr rail bringing in/out their big models and booth setups. They are uber professional, fast and careful packing and crating.

jeff

Well, there's this

However most of those are the older Yamato containers. The Nekology ones seem to be quite new and not too common. Having only one KoKi with them mixed in is totally fine at this point, I'd say.

20 hours ago, Suica said:

I only ordered 1, well in n scale, but I ordered 3 in HO scale ;)

• Like 1

I wonder if they sell well if Tomix will release the older style container either as a stand-alone two pack or on a koki. Also one of the links in the video has the model of the Super Rail Cargo made up in Yamato Transport colors along with a bunch of other JRF diesels, seems there is quite the fan club for them. 

wow Yamato containers going round and round!

By the way, I just happen to win this on yahoo auctions and boy am I excited! Now I hope I win the series 2 too!

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/f236121804

and I did ! Now I have both series 1 and 2!

http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/x507332899

Frankly, judging from the pictures, it seems that Tomytec still did a better job than Popondetta when it comes to finishing and looks... We shall see and compare more when it comes.... nevertheless, buses are always welcomed for me!

Edited by JR 500系
  • Like 3

Guh. Just won an Kato 10-119 set for 5000 yen on Yahoo! Auctions... Looked pretty mint, so maybe only minor upgrading is needed to bring it onto par with a current 10-1128. What is this item you may wonder? Why it's a 485 Series! A train that should have been in my collection years and years ago! If I start to get really fond of it, I'm going to resell this one and go for a Tomix HG set in either Sendai A1*A2 formation (last pure JNR formation) or T18 formation (combined 1000 and 1500 sub-series). The latter because I've seen it pass by a few times before it was retired mostly. The 1500 sub-series with its double headlights also looks really cool.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Kabutoni said:

Guh. Just won an Kato 10-119 set for 5000 yen on Yahoo! Auctions... Looked pretty mint, so maybe only minor upgrading is needed to bring it onto par with a current 10-1128. What is this item you may wonder? Why it's a 485 Series! A train that should have been in my collection years and years ago! If I start to get really fond of it, I'm going to resell this one and go for a Tomix HG set in either Sendai A1*A2 formation (last pure JNR formation) or T18 formation (combined 1000 and 1500 sub-series). The latter because I've seen it pass by a few times before it was retired mostly. The 1500 sub-series with its double headlights also looks really cool.

Nice haul!  I have the bonnet version of kato's 485, but I'd like to get the end door version so I could try to make the combined Midori/Kadome services that ran in Kyushu.  Can the kato end cars be modified to allow them to be coupled end to end?  I may also pick up the the tomix Midori/Huis ten Bosch sets that are coming out in a few months.

1 hour ago, Kiha66 said:

Nice haul!  I have the bonnet version of kato's 485, but I'd like to get the end door version so I could try to make the combined Midori/Kadome services that ran in Kyushu.  Can the kato end cars be modified to allow them to be coupled end to end?  I may also pick up the the tomix Midori/Huis ten Bosch sets that are coming out in a few months.

I don't know what catalogue number you have, but if I were to go for combined running, Tomix would be my prime choice. I presume 10-119 wouldn't have this option available. The later release 10-1128 might have that, but I'm not sure. Versions with gangway doors under the cabs are the KuHa 200 sub-series. Those with low cabs and doorways are the KuMoHa 200 sub-series. These two types are IIRC are only released by Tomix as a finished product. Now only the KuMoHa 200 sub-series is available sparsely, as the KuHa 200 sub-series was only part of a 3-car starter set made in the past. Kato so far only has released a 300 sub-series and two versions of the bonnet noses of which none have gangways in their cabs.

• Thanks 1

As I was working on the base of my traverser, the Kato 10-119 (485 Series) came in. The traverser indeed *just* fits 6 cars...

IMG_20171011_154153.thumb.jpg.44b6dfd8608915b3338994ef68c47cee.jpg

The Kato model comes as KuHa-MoHa(p)-MoHa-SaRo-SaShi-KuHa setup, so it's an incomplete set. I will have to order an additional 2-car (MoHa(p) (4033) and MoHa (4035)) set for a realistic setup. Of course, it could run as a 4-car set, but I'd rather have a 6-car formation, as this is more realistic in my regard... Let's see if I can come across these older models for a reasonable price...

• Like 4

Hopped into the local BookOff and found a short rake of HoKi 2200 with Kadee couplers installed. Since these are just simple hooks, I can hook them up to other stock easily (no pun intended).

IMG_20171012_112425.thumb.jpg.c27f0e740d7ef288c1c475b882d94b85.jpg

IMG_20171012_112432.thumb.jpg.cb40996ad6bd9dd8e5883727b24bee24.jpg

IMG_20171012_112454.thumb.jpg.7f512ad1b51da32515ea93abab034ad2.jpg

Not sure if HoKi 2200 ever ran on the Senzan line, but they sure did on connecting lines. Gotta have that bread and beer train on the layout! xD

• Like 7

Hi all,

My latest additions:

Tomix 500 Series EVA, cheap from eBay :)

large.IMG_20171011_201144.jpg.7fc700c8e0b89ddd5a259240f521c306.jpglarge.59df36a29b0a6_Type500EVA.jpg.d3e4a32f25dbac9fbbe021fa7665d967.jpg

And Kato Imperial E655 thanks to Yavianice:

large.IMG_20171011_201812.jpg.e5aa9c91d3304a6aad23776215444e78.jpglarge.Imperial.jpg.715babf159d0bbd416a075eaf58fb61a.jpg

Regards,

Marco 

Edited by oenckie
  • Like 7

Don't have them in yet, but I'm waiting on about 22 E231-series vehicles, along with the Microace set A-3391.

Ah, isn't waiting a pain...?

Martijn Meerts

Ordered 2 bags of Sculpt-a-Mold, which is apparently great stuff for landscaping, and rather hard to get a hold of outside the US. Interestingly enough, I managed to find some on Amazon Germany. Also probably going to buy some foam and glue and other small bits and pieces this weekend to start build some base landscapes.

I've also pre-ordered the newly announced Perfect Grade Gundam Exia kit, with the lighting options, because I just can't resist those things. Hopefully I'll get it before Christmas, so I have something fun to do during the inevitably warm, rainy and depressing holidays ;)

• Like 1
Martijn Meerts

Doesn't really matter what era, division or area you decide to collect, it's all mighty tempting and you're going to end up with more trains than fit on a layout :D

• Like 2

MicroAce EH10:

37265997370_09c9349dcc_z.jpg

MicroAce EH10-4 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

"Junk", so cheap, turns out each unit is motorized, except one was not working and it's exceedingly tricky to remove the body until you get the knack, before which you remove the custom coupler which promptly falls into its constituent parts, one of which is a very fine spring, then the glazing jumps out and refuses to be reinserted without breaking and much cursing, anyway the motor was brought back into life by speculative poking at the brushes so after much cursing it now works, though the two units really need to be wired together...

Edited by railsquid
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

How cow railsquid, that sounds like one heck of a mighty task, especially since it's in N-scale! 

This is the part of the hobby that most scares me, taking something really small apart and never putting it back together