What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

1 hour ago, cteno4 said:

Ha Sammy, I knew that was what was going in that last slot in the new case! Or did you use the open slot as an excuse to get the genbi?

jeff

Haha well excuse or no excuse I needed to rob the bank to get the Genbi anyway ~~  It's too beautiful to pass!

And that gap is just perfect for the E3 Genbi... since it is perfect together with its brother the Toreyu and it's doctor cousin East-I on the same row ~~

And I think I might just have a little too many E3s....   let's see, E3 Komachi, E3-1000 Tsubasa, E3-2000 Tsubasa new color, E3-700 Toreyu, E3-700 Genbi and E926 East-i.... that's excluding the 400 series which is a really close cousin to the E3...

Edited by JR 500系
  • Like 2

I had this lot on back order @ HobbySearch.

Going to try out some lighting from Cosmic on one of my modules. The box car is quite small, I like it lots, but don't plan on making it move on a track. IMG_7486.thumb.jpg.1db6c6c590d1b19daf8eeb4a59640b7a.jpg

• Like 3

Yes why would you buy a train that you don't like? The Izu Cradle has one of the nicest and most unique paint job around... and it's fitted on an interesting 651 series! I'm just waiting for mine to arrive....

That Izu cradle logo is just beautiful!

Edited by JR 500系
  • Like 1

Earlier this week I got a Kato 10-820 legends collection kiha 81 set.  Its a beautiful model, except the all the wheels are basically destroyed and dont pick up power.  The bogies seem to be fine, so does anyone know if kato 11-606 would fit?  I assume the kato axles are all the same length, but I'm not sure.  The set is also missing the full width diaphragms/gangway hoods, which is too bad as that was one of the special parts to the set.  

20170925_142621.thumb.jpg.3cc43c1866cbd05c7f7ff028360e8d9f.jpg

(the picture was taken with the wheels swapped with those from my kiha 82 set, so I know the car works otherwise) 

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

Yes why would you buy a train that you don't like?

I already did such a thing as well to be honest. My reason for the purchase was that I rode the train. :P

26 minutes ago, Suica said:

I already did such a thing as well to be honest. My reason for the purchase was that I rode the train. :P

Haha ok... to be honest I did too... like for completion perfectionist... To be frank I didn't need all the E233s since they are technically the same except for color banding...

But to be able to ride the Izu Cradle... that would be most interesting!

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Sascha said:

On pictures, and Videos it looks awesome, but there is something about the model!!It is very detailed, and beautifully made, but its just looks boring. 

Ah, yeah that sounds familiar. Had that one time as well when the model was underwhelming and the train in person looked much better.

I'm sure you'll be able to find a a buyer on JNS though. ;)

• Like 1

You might wanna hold your horses on this model... from experience and the thread on Yahoo Auctions, Round house sets that are rare like this quickly becomes expensive when the production runs out in a year or two... you can see from the Toreyu Tsubasa...

• Like 1

Two packages showed up this week. One was the n700 btrains 16 car set from nick. I was weak, very weak... 

second was a box of little things from hlj sale and other misc stuff that was lurking in my private warehouse.

jeff

IMG_0455.JPG

IMG_0456.JPG

IMG_0458.JPG

• Like 6
12 hours ago, Sascha said:

The IZU arrived.This is the first time that I bought a Train I don't like!! 

IMG_0177.JPG

I must admit, I do like the 651 series but this does look like it should have come with some matching fake nails. It’s a very detailed print but looks more like a ギャルの携帯 (gal‘s cellphone)

I’m sure all the other trains laugh at it!

• Haha 3

I once brought a train I didn't like upon arrival also.  The MicroAce Hayato No Kaze is navy blue, but jet black in real life.  Difficult not to dislike a prototypical incorrect coloured train.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Kamome said:

I must admit, I do like the 651 series but this does look like it should have come with some matching fake nails. It’s a very detailed print but looks more like a ギャルの携帯 (gal‘s cellphone)

I’m sure all the other trains laugh at it!

It looks like a Gucci handbag to me. I just ordered a Kato E5 Hayabusa with the 4 car add-on, my first Japanese bullet. Next, a layout that suits it.

Cheers,

Shawn

• Like 2

May be packing up the layout but it doesn't mean you can't still order locos! 

My first steam locos arrived today from Buyee, it took 4 days from Japan to NZ, even though it was registered SAL they seem to come from Buyee at EMS style speeds, I can't imagine them getting here any faster.

I always wanted a D51-498 - even though the new model isn't far away, one of the 2016-1 models came up that was a good price and it runs very well.

The 2nd is a C57 specifically the SL Yamaguchi given its the closest one that runs near where my layout is based. This particular model is equipped with a sound decoder, unfortunately my layout isn't DCC so any application of power still leaves it stationary however there is idle chuffing coming from the speaker. It sounds awesome, I just wish it would be able to move as I reckon the sound would be great! 

Now to lookout for some carriages...

IMG_2902.JPG

IMG_2903.JPG

• Like 6

Found the Kato Iida line freight set and ED62 today despite the Kato website stating it’ll be delayed for another week.  10-1426 and 3084

A82C73B7-B9AC-4DB5-9554-F6AF6682754E.jpeg

• Like 4

It may not even be October yet, but time to break out the plows and get ready for the coming winter.  I picked up Kato's DD16 plow set from Junior today, beautiful model and runs great.  Now I just need to make a snow scene diorama for it to be displayed in. 

20170930_143531.thumb.jpg.ae9d0c5f9b864e723888bc698773637b.jpg

Edited by Kiha66
  • Like 6