What did you order or the post deliver? (Japanese N Gauge)

bc6

2 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Yep that's a dry cement truck from the bandai working vehicles vol 6. It had 6 dry trucks and 6 wet mixer trucks.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10048059/20/1

jeff

I'm truly missing out a lot of nice models from the Bandai collection vehicles...

At the same time, some small parcel got dropped off by HS recently:

Now my 383 series Shinano can get to travel as a 4-car add-on set on its own!  :) 

20170904_111518.jpg

20170904_111647.jpg

20170904_214409.jpg

• Like 3

Next, a HUGE shout-out mega THANK YOU to my friend Yavanice for helping in getting these sets! I am very grateful for his kind help to secure 2 of the toughest and rarest set to get now!

Really nice packing, and very nice of him to even include a lovely postcard from his home town!   :)

Lovely 2000 series! Gotta love these older MA sets with 2 separate motors!

The U@Tech makes my fleet of maintenance and inspection vehicles more complete now! 

JR East - 926 series East-I (missing East-I-E and East-I-D)

JR West - 213 series U@Tech

JR Tokai - Kiya 95 Doctor Tokai

JR Tokai - 923-3000 series Doctor Yellow, 922-0 series Test type Doctor Yellow

20170901_141305.jpg

20170901_141342.jpg

20170901_141427.jpg

20170901_141445.jpg

20170901_141533.jpg

20170901_141551.jpg

20170901_141815.jpg

20170901_141906.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, Wonderbolt said:

Picked these up today for the princely sum of £2 the trucks are Bandai and the bus Tomytec. The bus is perfect for my Tokyo layout plans. Not sure if the trucks liveries are fictional or real though.

The bus (area west of the Yamanote line) and truck (anywhere in Japan) will fit the Tokyo area. The truck however is from Ube Mitsubishi Cement as a dry cement transporter (Yamaguchi prefecture). It's maybe a bit too obscure for even the whole Kantō area, but you can always imagine it to be leased by another sub-company from Mitsubishi Cement to support a big project. I've seen a crane from Okinawa here in the neighbourhood, so anything is possible! xD

• Like 1

NICE haul JR500!  I have that same 223 3 car set, beautiful train.

GOT MY TOKYU series 9000 TOYOKO line in!!!  Man this set is sharp!  So now I have the series 9000 Bubble and now the 9000 standard.  I still want to find a series 2000 ToqBox.

This is one of my FAVORITE trains in Tokyo, I would ride it every day from Naka Meguro to Yokohama to help my grandma teach English.  I love the whistle this train would make when breaking or accelerating, very distinct sound compared to other liveries.

On a side note, why do my train pictures alwys suck!  I'm using iPhone 7, but cant seem to get a good zoom on these.  Lots of blur in the background....

IMG_2910.JPG

Edited by SubwayHypes
  • Like 4
16 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Nice! That 100 series Kodama is really nice, iit's so nice that Tomix is re-releasing this set... I'm just waiting for mine to arrive!

The 251 is more of a new release rather than a re-release, with new LED lighting... The former set also has pre-installed interior lighting, but using the older bulb system meaning it is slightly less bright...

Those catalogues are really vintage and nice! Love the one with the 651 series!

Good deal! I'm pretty sure the livery is true for the bus, it belongs to Kanto Bus company, in the outskirts of Tokyo ... Not quite sure for the trucks though...

What questions me is the last cement mover truck.. I don't think I've seen this truck anyway before... perhaps a Mandai working vehicle truck series?

9 hours ago, Kabutoni said:

The bus (area west of the Yamanote line) and truck (anywhere in Japan) will fit the Tokyo area. The truck however is from Ube Mitsubishi Cement as a dry cement transporter (Yamaguchi prefecture). It's maybe a bit too obscure for even the whole Kantō area, but you can always imagine it to be leased by another sub-company from Mitsubishi Cement to support a big project. I've seen a crane from Okinawa here in the neighbourhood, so anything is possible! xD

Thanks guys xD.

Got 2 parcels today:

The first one (which had been stuck at Frankfurt customs for 1 month...) contained the Tomix KiHa187-500 set:

UP_Ina1.thumb.JPG.7db4d580b762d89589a2d80d401a7cd8.JPGUP_Ina2.thumb.JPG.32da603094e803530377c5e877dae4f0.JPG

It seems to be a little on the "cheaper" side when it comes to construction but I love the colorscheme and the logos so I can live with that :)

Second Package came in record time, thanks to DHL. It had one of the older Kato Island Platform Sets as well as the E501 Mito Line Set from Tomix and the new 885 series 2nd Batch set from Kato in it:

The lights of the E501 are extremely dim in operation, barely visible even at high speed, but I think this might be due to me lacking a CL-capable controller?

UP_E5.thumb.JPG.4f87e70f12a142d5f92215f6583aab68.JPG

UP_885.thumb.JPG.6c7fd8809dcd712e784fdffbe5bfc03c.JPG

Edited by Gryphr
  • Like 8
8 hours ago, Gryphr said:

Second Package came in record time, thanks to DHL. It had one of the older Kato Island Platform Sets as well as the E501 Mito Line Set from Tomix and the new 885 series 2nd Batch set from Kato in it:

The lights of the E501 are extremely dim in operation, barely visible even at high speed, but I think this might be due to me lacking a CL-capable controller?

Mine has the same issue, I'm pretty sure that's what it is. I thought it was a contact issue at first but it stayed the same after I checked all of them. 

While I was away, these arrived from an Ebay seller in the UK.  They're like new and the prices very reasonable.  Now I'm hoping I can score the 4 car add on for the Super Azusa.  I just got me another 253 but this particular model I don't have - both my current Kato and Tomix 253's are the 3+3 configuration.  I will also have both 251 Super View  Odoriko liveries, still waiting for the new one from Loco1.  

FullSizeRender-3.thumb.jpg.4a660d9513095efc87a5c6a82f3a12b2.jpg

• Like 6
36 minutes ago, serotta1972 said:

While I was away, these arrived from an Ebay seller in the UK.  They're like new and the prices very reasonable.  Now I'm hoping I can score the 4 car add on for the Super Azusa.  I just got me another 253 but this particular model I don't have - both my current Kato and Tomix 253's are the 3+3 configuration.  I will also have both 251 Super View  Odoriko liveries, still waiting for the new one from Loco1.  

FullSizeRender-3.thumb.jpg.4a660d9513095efc87a5c6a82f3a12b2.jpg

Beautiful haul there Junior! Nice fleet building up!

You could check out this thread by Nah00 here:

for the Super Azusa 4-car add-on set... i'm not sure if they are still available though...

Well, this lot turned up.
59b79fa51caec_train001.thumb.JPG.3318a40b10ab551f68262b079de0ecd6.JPG

Currently, the main places I'm getting things from is Hobbysearch & Model Trains Plus. Which has mainly been the latter for Thomas & pals.

• Like 8

That feel when a train you didn't actually plan on buying appears on eBay, but the price is too good. It happened again, so here's an JR 885 Series Shiroi Kamome.

7 hours ago, serotta1972 said:

Now I'm hoping I can score the 4 car add on for the Super Azusa. 

I hope one will turn up for you. I got mine from HS some months ago when they got a sudden re-stock of the add-on set (only). 

DJhnoKPW0AAKfRh.jpg

• Like 3
12 hours ago, Suica said:

That feel when a train you didn't actually plan on buying appears on eBay, but the price is too good. It happened again, so here's an JR 885 Series Shiroi Kamome.

I hope one will turn up for you. I got mine from HS some months ago when they got a sudden re-stock of the add-on set (only). 

DJhnoKPW0AAKfRh.jpg

Good find Suica! But, isn't that the Shiroi Sonic? The Shiroi Kamome is the one with the Yellow stripes, right?

7 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

Good find Suica! But, isn't that the Shiroi Sonic? The Shiroi Kamome is the one with the Yellow stripes, right?

It's Kato 10-246, replicating set number SM7.

SM1 - SM7 were first batch sets for Kamome service, while the second batch SM8 - SM11 were Sonic sets. At some point all yellow Kamome sets were painted blue while retaining their Kamome logos.

Here's a photo of Shiroi Kamome set SM7, which I took last summer.

19 hours ago, Rod.H said:

Well, this lot turned up.
59b79fa51caec_train001.thumb.JPG.3318a40b10ab551f68262b079de0ecd6.JPG

Currently, the main places I'm getting things from is Hobbysearch & Model Trains Plus. Which has mainly been the latter for Thomas & pals.

On the Popendetta ISO containers be careful if you try to remove the gray piece on the bottom so you can put the container on a different place on a koki. The sets I just got today all were paintlocked and it took a lot of slow wiggling to get the adapter off. On the JOT ones I didn't even try because they were so tight but on the green menthol ones I had to moe them to get them to fit on a koki 200.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

They havent been yellow for 10ish years.

edit//  2012 was when the last unit was change over to the blue.

Edited by katoftw
4 hours ago, Suica said:

It's Kato 10-246, replicating set number SM7.

SM1 - SM7 were first batch sets for Kamome service, while the second batch SM8 - SM11 were Sonic sets. At some point all yellow Kamome sets were painted blue while retaining their Kamome logos.

Here's a photo of Shiroi Kamome set SM7, which I took last summer.

1 hour ago, katoftw said:

They havent been yellow for 10ish years.

edit//  2012 was when the last unit was change over to the blue.

I see... thanks for the information! Nevertheless the 885 series is one beautiful striking train! Even smoother to ride!

I've been playing with my G scale again lately, but just ordered the base pack of Kato RhB EW1 coaches and (hopefully) a dummy MoHa 114 so I can use the other coaches I already have in a realistic train. It'll be shifted by a KuMoNi or a newer 115 Series.

I say hopefully as the seller had just joined Amazon Marketplace, and while I'll certainly get my money back should they fail to deliver I'd rather have the coach. I paid slightly less than half what the rest on there are going for.

HS dropped off another parcel yesterday...

The long awaited re-release of the 100 series Lime Green color! Finally I have a Kodama colored bullet train, and the best looking one I like!   :)

* Side note - I felt that HS has improved the package and protection to book cases... kudos to them on this!

20170914_072206.jpg

20170914_072224.jpg

20170914_072314.jpg

20170914_072327.jpg

20170914_072405.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Picked up some bits in Hakata courtesy of Yodobashi and Poppondetta.

I got a fish port along with some tsunami protection, workers and some fishing boats. Annoying, the included figures with the port are smaller than those in the additional dock workers from Tomytec. There is a a good selection of tuna and fish boxes included to create some interesting scenes.

I'm keen to create a port area with a couple of sidings for レ12000 Cooler wagons. I'm not sure this is prototypical as I've not found any reference for this, but would like to have a smaller harbour branch for some fresh fish wagons.

Thanks to the recent release of the Kato 885, I found some replacement pantographs for an old Kamome. This was bought for me by my father-in-law from a recycle store and it needed a lot to get it running properly. Apparently it was pretty cheap but poorly looked after. A comprehensive dismantle and clean got it working again but it's been limping with a broken pantograph for a while.

I also grabbed an extension to make my automated crossing double track, finally. 

The final purchase was the new liveried E4 from Kato. I have considered getting a second E4 for some time so a slight colour change adds some variety. Glad Kato finally saw fit to produce this. Great looking Shinkansen and will be sorry to see them go. 

IMG_0316.JPG

• Like 4
On 9/14/2017 at 4:30 PM, JR 500系 said:

HS dropped off another parcel yesterday...

The long awaited re-release of the 100 series Lime Green color! Finally I have a Kodama colored bullet train, and the best looking one I like!   :)

* Side note - I felt that HS has improved the package and protection to book cases... kudos to them on this!

20170914_072224.jpg

Yeah it seems that they've gotten bubble wrap sleeves made specifically for the bookcase sets, it fits nicely. 

• Like 1

Hobbsysearch order came in, first chance I've got to post. First up are the new Popendetta ISO containers which felt a bit more fragile than their previous ones like the brown Nippon Soda one with the to Loginet Japan ones. The orange JOT is really sharp and stands out. Next is a herd of Japan Oil Terminal Takis, can't resist when a whole freight train is released. Finally my Fresh Green 100 Series passing by the 

new Kato 12 series coaches being temporarily pulled by a DD-51 until their proper locomotive arrives at the end of the month. Also I've got to say that these coaches are really nice, the are definitely have heavier than normal Kato coaches, have blackened wheels, and use a new (I think) type of close coupler that seems to shorten the distance between cars as well as be easier lift apart. Overall a nice haul. Also got the fire truck set from F-Toys, once I get some of them put together I'll put up pictures. 

photo (15).JPG

photo (23).JPG

photo (24).JPG

• Like 6